Suggestion For High Heat

2 replies to this topic

#1 HexSystem6

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

I have only just started playing in the last 6 weeks, so I don't know if this was implemented in a previous version.

The current "shake" experienced by 'mechs using jump jets is a great step forward in balancing to me. It would also seem equally important to balance targeting while running a "hot" 'mech. This would stay in line with battletech lore and balance "boating" to some degree.

I would like to suggest HUD flickering/fading as heat increases and 'mech speeds slow down (maybe cap out at a 20-25% reduction for speed). I believe this would give to an added flair of pilot immersion and game balance.

#2 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

This sounds similar to how heat affected the hud in MW4 which was well done. It did add to immersion.

#3 Melcyna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 674 posts
  • LocationYuri Paradise

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

In before someone complain about it anyway

you wouldn't believe how much whining there is on the jump jets shake as it is...

i read it first before testing it, and thinking wow, is the JJ ruined now???...

then i played it and .... what??? THAT'S IT? this fiddly puny shake is what made some of these ppl on the forum whine like a 4 years old that got their toy taken from them and claim that they get severe motion sickness from it?

good god, they must've never been able to watch any action movie either then

anyway, long story short... i like the return of the heat side effect from the previous MW yeah

But there will be whiners guaranteed that will scream murder at it, i forecast something along the lines of:

"OMG, my HUD is useless now... why u nerf my laser/PPC/*insert any high heat build here* boat"
"Now i can't play, this sux, this game sux, etc..."

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users