#1 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,725 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:20 PM

I think it might be useful to allow us to toggle weapons or weapon groups on, especially the Tag laser.

While we have six weapon groups it's only really two that you use most and you rarely hold down the button as only the Tag has a continuous fire requirement.

This means that effective use of the Tag requires you either to dedicate a mouse button to it, use group 3 or 4 ad hold it down with the same hand that you use for movement, or add it to all other groups and hope it works.

Could we please add the ability to toggle a weapon or weapon group instead of having to hold dwn the key/button please?

#2 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:38 PM

OP, just in case you don't know, there's a simple and free third-party tool called Fire Control. With it you can make a given mouse button toggle a fire group on/off. I use it to set up the toggle for my TAG, works perfectly.

Check: http://mwomercs.com/...c-306-16th-jul/

I agree though that a "weapon toggle" would be a nice functionality to have in the game itself.

Could it be implemented as simply as making backspace choose between three firing modes when setting weapon groups, instead of the current two:
- standard "fire once"
- chain fire
- autofire toggle (i.e. for TAG would toggle it on/off)

#3 NoiseCrypt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 596 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:23 AM

+1 for the chance to witness ( new ? ) players charging across the field in 3rd person with a permanent red laser shining bright.

#4 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:22 AM

Thanks jss78 I'll check it out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users