[Achievements] Idea List For Possible Achievements

48 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you like these achievement ideas? (65 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you like these achievement ideas?

1. I love your suggestions. I hope PGI will add some of these! (55 votes [84.62%])

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

2. I don´t need achievements in MWO (10 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Zerg: Die 100 times consecutively in a Locust.

#42 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

PGI just needs to add the code and artwork now. Content and ideas are there :ph34r:

#43 Tolocamp

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

View PostTweaks, on 11 September 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

I think achievements would really help players to push themselves to try different things and go outside of their zone of comfort and perhaps discover more about the game than they would have otherwise. It's a great way to encourage players to explore the game.

Some achievements could give standard GXP, some 'Mech XP and some even MC rewards. Since each achievement can only be unlocked once, I don't see how people would abuse it to grind faster.

+1

Hello this my first post so bear with me.

This is actually quite the same idea i was coming here to post it.... but something is missing. I did not read the whole thread to be honest, but i am missing the long term achievments.

Apparently most of the stuff is battle oriented and best described as "Battle trophies" which is okay and i support introducing them.

What i am missing the most are badges for long term service, simple things many not so skilled players also pick up along the way and especially help them in their progress. In my opinion the cadet bonus is meager and actually insufficient. The learning curve is not very steep but steep enough and especially experimenting with loadouts and new mechs drains your C-bills quickly as a newbie. The difference in buying and selling stuff does the rest in slowing you down and being forced to stick with a loadout that sucks/you don't like etcetera.

So i was thinking, especially with the bars being filled in mind, to add things like:

Number of kills/assists - you are granted a certain number of GXP and C-Bills at certain numbers

Number of Matches/Survived matches - again some amount of GXP/C-Bills

Number of destroyed Components - you already know :ph34r:

Number of spotted enemies - see above :P

Playtime in days - 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 1 month and so forth. Not time in a match but simply the age of your account, even if you did not log in.

Amount of damage inflicted/received - see above

Of course all those specialized battle trophies that are only awarded under special circumstances can be expanded to the extend i have in mind as well.

The number i had in mind are taken from many others games i played and especially enjoyed because they had this stuff included, this way you can drag new players in like hell :

10/100/500/1000/2500/5000/10000 for less regular stuff like Components/Kills/Spots/Matches

100/1000/5000 .... so basically ten times for things like damage.

Now we can even go further and split those achievments/badges up for mechs and their variants. This makes it even more rewarding to stick with a mech and even encourages using different variants as you can get some more C-bills by using a mech you already enjoyed before, now in a new variant, collecting some additional rewards.

The rewards probably are best placed in a range of 100-2000 GXP for example and maybe 50.000 - 2.500.000 C-bills. So basically in a range where a newbie cracks a smile but a vet probably does not even notice that much.

My point is to encourage new players to try new things, thus gaining low badges to get some additional money for experiments, and generally speeding up their development a bit. At this point it is a mind-numbing grind if you try to save C-bills for that one heavy mech while using that crappy medium you cannot really fit the way you imagined. With these rewards you put down small inbetween goals to ease the grind. "Just two more kills and i get a 250 k C-bills boost..." :ph34r:

What's with Trial mechs ? Honestly i cannot say for sure. It is hard for me to tell how fast or slow someone else goes for the first own mech. It took me quite a couple of hours before i bought that one mech i wanted, but maybe thats just me as i am Battletech tabletop vet and know quite well what i wanted to play, even though it turned out i was not good at it ;)

By the way. Achievments were introduced in SWG as far i know, and there they also had very substantial gameplay rewards connected to them.

#44 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

I've got all these so far, do I get a Cookie?

View PostBlacKcuD, on 17 June 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

• Incoming Missiles - Get the killing blow on an enemy Mech with LRMs while it is tagged and/or NARCed by another ally.
  • Surgical Strike - Destroy an enemy Mech by killing its cockpit with laser weapons
  • Gingerbread Cookie - Win a match with under 50% health remaining.
  • Perfect Victory - Win a match without losing any Mechs on your team.
  • Conquest Domination - Win a conquest match by achieving 750 resources, having all 5 points capped and the enemy team having less than 375 resources gathered.
  • Consumerism - Completely use up two consumables in one match.
  • Race Track - Travel at 150kph (or faster) for 4 consecutive minutes.
  • Blast it - Fire 6 weapons of the same type at once.
  • Cutthroat - Get the killing blow an enemy Mech who weighs more than your Mech by killing its center torso from the rear.
  • Boom goes the dynamite - Destroy an enemy Mech by exploding its ammo.
  • Game Genie - Finish a round with 100 or more match score.
  • Derby Master - Win a round in which you have participated in every kill (assists+killing blows = number of enemy Mechs).
  • Mechwarrior Veteran - Unlock the master upgrade for at least one Light, Medium, Heavy and Assault Mech each.
  • Do it yourself Support - Kill an enemy Mech with any kind of missile weapon while it is tagged by you
  • Merely a flesh wound - Win a round while at least one arm, leg and side torso is destroyed on your Mech.
  • Hamstring - Get the killing blow on an enemy Mech by destroying its remaining leg.
  • Hot Streak - Win 5 rounds of any type in a row.
  • Unstoppable Force - Win 10 rounds of any type in a row.
  • Dakka Dakka - Fire at least 4000 rounds of MG shells and get the killing blow on an enemy Mech in the same round.
  • David vs Goliath - While controlling a Light or Medium Mech, get the killing blow on a heavy and an assault Mech in the same round.
  • Nailbiter - Win a Conquest round by points while the enemy team has 700 or more points.
  • World Traveller - Win one round in any game mode on every map.
  • Black Out - Kill an enemy Mech which is powered down.
  • Missile Shield - Use up more than 1000 AMS ammo in a single round.
  • Have at 'em Boys - Destroy a leg of a Light Mech using a ballistic weapon.
  • Dedicated Pilot - Win a match every day for three consecutive days.
  • Broker - While piloting a Hero Mech, get the killing blow on an enemy Hero Mech of equal or higher weight.
  • Team Player - Win a game where everybody in your lance is on your friends list.
  • Master Engineer - Equip 4 Mechs with as many modules as possible at the same time.
  • Run Hot or Die - Stay above 50% heat for 4 consecutive minutes.
  • Burn Out - Kill an enemy Mech by alpha striking which causes your Mech to overheat.
  • Brains - Get the killing blow on an enemy Mech while piloting a Centurion which has at least 3 body parts missing.
  • Pay To Win Not - Destroy a Champion variant Mech while piloting the same non-champion variant.

Well these are almost every match , Run Hot or Die, Burn Out, Gingerbread Cookie
And this one will never happen Cool Running.

#45 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostNonreflectiv, on 21 November 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

I've got all these so far, do I get a Cookie?

Well these are almost every match , Run Hot or Die, Burn Out, Gingerbread Cookie
And this one will never happen Cool Running.

I agree that some of these can be attained by shear luck/accident. However, imho that is completely fine. Achievements of this kind should vary in difficulty and what is required from the player (mechwise, skillwise, playstylewise, cbillwise, timewise,...).

See for example, your example "cool running will never happen". Well it happens for me 90% of my rounds and I suppose it is an easy task for more experienced players, but can be quite a challenge for newer/casual players. It also contributes to playing better. Heck, if every PUG did 300 damage and never overheat, matches would look totally different :D Got yourself some well played 12vs12 then!

As for the cookie: I will send you all some, once these achievements go live.

Edited by BlacKcuD, 22 November 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#46 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostTolocamp, on 14 November 2013 - 04:03 AM, said:

Hello this my first post so bear with me.

This is actually quite the same idea i was coming here to post it.... but something is missing. I did not read the whole thread to be honest, but i am missing the long term achievments.

Apparently most of the stuff is battle oriented and best described as "Battle trophies" which is okay and i support introducing them.

This thread focuses specifically on what you called "battle trophies", because long-term or more "boring" achievements can be made up easily. "Kill 1/10/100/1000 assault Mechs" does not require a game designer :D Thus, this thread focuses on the stuff which requires a bit more creativity, while not forcing people to do stupid things (like actually losing or playing extremely badly).
While most of the ideas so far are concerned with the battles themselves, there are a couple achievements which are a bit more outside as well, for example: Contributor - Earn 50 likes on your forum posts.

#47 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

• Troglodyte -Take out more than 3 Enemy Mechs in a single cave encounter.

Edited by Oppresor, 22 November 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#48 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

View PostOppresor, on 22 November 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

• Troglodyte -Take out more than 3 Enemy Mechs in a single cave encounter.

Hah I like that one :(

#49 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

I fully support this idea.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users