24 replies to this topic

#21 almightyfargoth

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostGrendel408, on 19 June 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Actually... I played against plenty of Quickdraw's last night (btw Devs, glad to see more non-Assault 'Mechs on the field now *kudos*) and I came across some rather effective builds... played around in the smurfy mechlab and that 'Mech is quite versatile even with an XL engine in it dude LOL! It's all about your style of gameplay and how you pilot... obviously you enjoy piloting overheated assault builds and rely on alphastrikes quite often, to each their own dude... be slow and cumbersome while I run circles around you :D

Yeah the people talking about how they're going to smash all QK's everywhere with XL's are of course running high alpha sniper builds and have been following that rhetoric ad nauseum since forever.

I tried one build with a 5K and an XL. 2xML, 2xMPL, 1xERPPC, 1xSSRM. It raped, for 7 matches in a row (I counted), and this wasn't some pugfest with insanely uneven teams. All those matches I recall were anywhere between 5kills to 8 kills, or there being a lone survivor on our team. Not once did I have issues with the weakness of an XL simply by having it's responsiveness to turn the thing's arms to block various shots and the insanely high jump height legitness for brawling and letting my team take in shots after I did my thing and dipped for a quick second.

So sure, if you have a 6 PPC Stalker (instead of being intelligent with 4 of course :D) and alpha, it's going to have the exact same effect that it does on every other frog hit by lightning, but if you're actually mobile and cycle firing with a QK, you're mainly getting hit center torso and arms from what I witnessed with my own eyes.

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 19 June 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

And running around you will be a jenner with almost as much firepower.

You're referring to possibly a six ML Jenner yes? lol

Uh nope. If we're fantasizing to the wind here and imagining mock battles, said Jenner would become dust to a cycle fired 6 MPL, 1 SSRM 5K. Hardly almost the same firepower, hardly the same outcome as in fantasy land.

Like, there's zero point in mentioning running circles around someone because a light player will always be like "but hurr durr, my light is so much faster!" Gee, because that's all the points ever.

Edited by almightyfargoth, 19 June 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#22 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 19 June 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

And running around you will be a jenner with almost as much firepower. Iv been playing and theorycrafting the crap out of the QKD sense it came out and the best way to sum this mech up is "A medium disguised as a highlander". Its overall figure is too thick, even at max range doing 100kph it dosn't take a marksman to hit this thing. Im still trying to get it to grow on me, but its certainly not helping the process along on its own.

Funny thing was... I was in my Founder's Jenner LOL!... running circles around folks. That's the point, as almightyfargoth so easily stated... it's what us scouts do :D

#23 Henree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 501 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

the camo makes me invisibaaaaahl!!!!!.......................wait?!

#24 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

View Postalmightyfargoth, on 19 June 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

You're referring to possibly a six ML Jenner yes? lol

Uh nope. If we're fantasizing to the wind here and imagining mock battles, said Jenner would become dust to a cycle fired 6 MPL, 1 SSRM 5K. Hardly almost the same firepower, hardly the same outcome as in fantasy land.

Like, there's zero point in mentioning running circles around someone because a light player will always be like "but hurr durr, my light is so much faster!" Gee, because that's all the points ever.

Im sure you are hardly able to pull that stick out from between your butt cheeks but I am sure you can fantasize about it all day long but if you were to loosen up a bit it would hardly be a fantasy anymore now would it? Hardly.
----
Now moving out of Disneyland time. In terms of straight up potential firepower a Jenner-F almost can match your 5K, however in exchange for its small size and higher speed the jenner has much less armor and cooling capabilities. I didn't say the jenner was a better mech overall, but meant that they could have comparable firepower in terms of weapon loadouts so don't get your panties in a wad.

For example, a BJ-1X could be outfited with a 295LX and mount six ML and two MPL with 8DHS and comes out 80 armor points less then the QKD and moving faster while having a greater cooling capacity and higher damage potential. While the QKD has the arm advantage over the BJ this edge only accounts for two of the 5K's edge in terms of lasers.

It could be argued that the extra armor that the QKD brings to the field is offset by its thick body, sure you have about 50-100 (roughly speaking) more armor than the medium mechs but when your the size of a Highlander you certainly need it.

(I have been running the quickdraw through the wringer for awhile now both in the mechlab theorcrafting and in the field doing extensive combat tests, so its not like I looked at the mechs specs and went "DERP IT CANT HOLD SIX PPCS IT SUX!")

#25 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

I got about a paragraph into that reply and lost interest, so if he actually said something profound someone let me know.

On a related topic, im kind of liking the default camo for the QKD its actually kinda nice looking in its own way.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users