Imo

11 replies to this topic

#1 bLeeat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

How many people play MWO??? yet you only see 2-3 builds ever played by like 98 percent of the people on mwo. which is(IMO)laser boating, jager cheese double gauss or ac40 and that ac 20 ppc gauss whatever combo pfft.when i first started playing i was like omg the customization is ******* awesome and the community is even better(still to this day i havnt had one troll game).but when you play you realize these people dont think for themselves or take advantage of the customization.and whats even worse these people who use cheese builds think highly of themselves .. and then they release quickdraw and all i see is even more laser boating LAFF. i love the game and the community somewhat but the gameplay its self is starting to get stale and leaving a bad taste.i feel restricted the meta is just too strong and really leaves no room for other types of builds or gameplay. im sure you guys will find holes in this or whatever but this is just generally speaking and a quick post.and dont act like u guys dont notice all the jager cheese thats back since poptarting is dead.

#2 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

the funny thing is, if you limited customization, the people who use the cookie cutter builds most often would cry the most about having the ability to "individualize' their 'Mechs taken away.

#3 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

like... what is happening... right now?

#4 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,373 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

I'm having a lot of fun right now running an Awesome 8Q with 1 of each laser. So basically, 1 Small, 1 Small Pulse, 1 Medium, 1 Medium Pulse, 1 Large, 1 ER Large, 1 Large Pulse. It catches a lot of players off guard who laugh when they see the weapon loadout but are surprised when half the mech falls off under the near 50 alpha.

#5 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 18 June 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

I'm having a lot of fun right now running an Awesome 8Q with 1 of each laser. So basically, 1 Small, 1 Small Pulse, 1 Medium, 1 Medium Pulse, 1 Large, 1 ER Large, 1 Large Pulse. It catches a lot of players off guard who laugh when they see the weapon loadout but are surprised when half the mech falls off under the near 50 alpha.

ohhh now imagine if they all had a different color you would be like firing rainbows!!111!1!!!11

Edited by Sybreed, 18 June 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#6 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostDocBach, on 18 June 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

the funny thing is, if you limited customization, the people who use the cookie cutter builds most often would cry the most about having the ability to "individualize' their 'Mechs taken away.

No, they'd just whatever resulted as the 2-6 cookie cutter builds after customization was limited. Make it stock only, and people would (by and large) play the handful of stock mechs that were percieved as "best" depending on the state of weapon balance at a given time.

It's a human issue, not a mechlab one.

#7 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

^ For The Rainbow Build

At least that's what I'd say to my enemies with that build.

Edited by General Taskeen, 18 June 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#8 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,373 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

View PostSybreed, on 18 June 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

ohhh now imagine if they all had a different color you would be like firing rainbows!!111!1!!!11

LOL Rainbow is the name I gave the mech.

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 18 June 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

^ For The Rainbow Build

At least that's what I'd say to my enemies with that build.

ROFL I like it.

#9 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostBagheera, on 18 June 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

No, they'd just whatever resulted as the 2-6 cookie cutter builds after customization was limited. Make it stock only, and people would (by and large) play the handful of stock mechs that were percieved as "best" depending on the state of weapon balance at a given time.

It's a human issue, not a mechlab one.

that would be the end result, but getting there would be a long road of raging on the forums

#10 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

I RAN ONE OF THOSE!!!

I called it the PAINBOW, and I loved it ever so dearly.

#11 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

add energy draw/recharge mechanic, give the most powerful weapons high energy draw so they incur a big recharge penalty when stacked on all but the biggest engines, problem solved. High alpha will still be there, but the big killer, dpm, won't be, and it will become a debate of do i go for big alpha or big dpm\? among things.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 19 June 2013 - 01:46 AM.

#12 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

I really really REALLY want to outfit my 8Q like this; are you using something along these lines?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2b36d5413954511

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users