Announcing The Ac40 Jager Pilot Support Group

82 replies to this topic

#61 Leafia Barrett

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

I honestly find AC40 Jagers to be not a threat if handled correctly (though I can't aim due to <15 FPS in a light, so I have trouble sometimes), but can see why someone could become addicted to that kind of power. There was a time when I sought such destructive force... Luckily, my lack of resources denied me the chance to try the Boomjager, and thus I learned the ways of the light pilot instead.

I suggest we try to wean the pilots off with other, more functional and sane Jagermech builds. However, since I've never used a Jager, my knowledge is rather limited. Any ideas?

#62 Reod Daie

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostPanzerMagier, on 18 July 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

If there is anyone who is "sure" they're in the right house, then they have yet to fight in a war.

I don't follow you.

#63 PanzerMagier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSome nameless backwater planet

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

A lyran infantry squad is out on patrol, they come across a road and on either side they find two severely wounded soldiers, one kuritan and one lyran. They quickly rushed to give both first aid, the lyran soldier revives first and they asked him what happened. "I was moving heavy munitions when the kuritan border guard spotted me.

I went to him and said: 'your leaders are hippocratic deceitful traitorous swine!'"

He responded with: "your leaders are hippocratic deceitful traitorous swine too!".

It was when we shook hands, an incoming supply truck rammed into us.

~or so the tale goes~
If you have a lick of knowledge of battletech history about the succession wars and the general controversies and scandalous deeds that occurred in between the factions at war, you'll understand exactly why I say that the only people who are adamant about their allegiance have never had their loyalty tested to the point of betrayal and war.

#64 Goldhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 379 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

Well, at least due to this forum, there may be fewer A/C 40 jagers out there.

I will miss you all, solely because I used to kill each one and fire down upon the corpses of your mech as you burn in the ruin of your cockpits.

I was never an A/C 40 Jager person, and this thread shows that there is hope for people who run the rat builds.

Ahem, a rat build is defined as a build that is in high usage during a certain time and utilizes unimaginative build design.
Example: AH, Stalker with 6 beam slots, PPCS YESSS I WINZ!
Luckily the heat penalty has nerfed a few of these designs.

Let your Jager go, and receive less hate. Create.

#65 Muckaday

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 105 posts
  • LocationThat dark place where you don't want to look....

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

I have to admit it, I have a solid gold Stilton AC40 in a bay somewhere. You can literally smell it. It's not good. However it is kinda fun to be the centre of attention (again, literally) when you walk out into the open with one. It borders on biblical. It's the equivalent of giving a shotgun to a 4 year old though. :ph34r:

It's due for a refit. Something with punch, but a little panache also. So I guess I'm gonna add crackers to the cheese, maybe a nice Shiraz as well.

#66 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

I really enjoy the satire of this thread, lots of funny stuff. Including the guy who took it WAY too seriously. Anyone who thinks this is whining probably doesn't have a sense of humor. As for me, what about dual AC20 K2's?

Edited by t Khrist, 19 July 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#67 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

View Postt Khrist, on 19 July 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

I really enjoy the satire of this thread, lots of funny stuff. Including the guy who took it WAY too seriously. Anyone who thinks this is whining probably doesn't have a sense of humor. As for me, what about dual AC20 K2's?

Guy has a point. Problem here is that Catapult chassis tend to run XL engines AND have side torso Ballistics.

#68 PanzerMagier

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

I like the boomcat, it's very well balanced personally I think it shouldn't have the heat penalty. You can use jumpjets to temporarily escape it's pitch range, torso mounted cannons and all. Uneven terrain also causes a lot of problems for it. And to add on top of that, it's slow as hell with crappy catapult armour as well as the usual catapult issues (namely cockpit shots aren't that hard). I've never complained about those. It's these 70kph fly-by-night ***** under the effect of dunning kruger jager"bombs" who think they're honestly the **** because they know how to push a click-to-win button.

Seriously, I drank wholeheartedly the tears of ac40 jagers who complained today "duel ac20's are nerfed to the ground waaaaa I don't know what chain fire is"

#69 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostPanzerMagier, on 20 July 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

I like the boomcat, it's very well balanced personally I think it shouldn't have the heat penalty. You can use jumpjets to temporarily escape it's pitch range, torso mounted cannons and all. Uneven terrain also causes a lot of problems for it. And to add on top of that, it's slow as hell with crappy catapult armour as well as the usual catapult issues (namely cockpit shots aren't that hard). I've never complained about those. It's these 70kph fly-by-night ***** under the effect of dunning kruger jager"bombs" who think they're honestly the **** because they know how to push a click-to-win button.

Seriously, I drank wholeheartedly the tears of ac40 jagers who complained today "duel ac20's are nerfed to the ground waaaaa I don't know what chain fire is"

my catapult goes 86kph (it's not a k2 though, i have never really been a fan, the lack of jump jets breaks it for me)

#70 PanzerMagier

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:49 AM

Sold my catapult family, my motto: I'll never pilot any mech that I'm not willing to pilot IRL. There's no protective game mechanics to save your tiny *** when your cockpit sits at your centre of mass. any infantry sniper, sniper tank crew or mech jock with good aim will simply cremate your ***. You get a front row seat to your funeral in that thing.

But back when I DID pilot a K2, I used to load it up with quad LPL and joke around how i kill people with bad music. ^.^ all the fun of a boomcat but with speed, skill and style!

#71 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts
  • LocationOakland, California Republic, North America, Terra

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

This is kinda how I always felt about stalkers.

Turn it into a eunuch fit for the court of Ptolemy and Cleopatra.

#72 PanzerMagier

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostCarnifexMaximus, on 21 July 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

This is kinda how I always felt about stalkers.

Turn it into a eunuch fit for the court of Ptolemy and Cleopatra.

That's what they did with real stalkers back in those days! Oh the sweet irony.

#73 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

Is this the place to post when my AC/40 build's heat management don't work no more and I need a shoulder to qq on?

#74 PanzerMagier

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

yes yes you may, but just because of your name.

#75 Blue Footed Booby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationHere?

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostPanzerMagier, on 20 July 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Chain fire? Seriously? It's a mech with two big guns. Put them in weapon groups one and two. Bind your left arm to left mouse button, and your right arm to right mouse button. This way you can fire both at once, or only one side, and you can choose which side. If you drive a boomjager and this isn't what you've been doing all along, you're a bad.

#76 PanzerMagier

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

I doubt boom jagers is smart enough to consistently time they're ac20's half a second apart. ^.^
They'll just try it that way, still click both buttons at the same time and wonder why they still get the ghost heat. "hurr durr this isn't working ac20's are glitched, stupid game durrrrrr"

#77 Steve Varayis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 500 posts
  • LocationThe Fresh River City

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

DUBBSSSSS

Also, I have begun consstruction of the FreshMaster. If any exist in October, they are in for a shock.

#78 PanzerMagier

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

I doubt it could take on my Mastodon. a 65 ton stalker that slays atlai... Do not tempt it's wrath.

#79 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

you all lose to the grease gun! hunchback 4G, 2xUAC5 and an AC2. it murders assaults of every flavor. most of my matches end with more than 500 damage and 2-3 kills. it does have issues with light mechs though.

#80 PanzerMagier

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

In Clan Space, 100pt alpha stalker kills you!

No ppcs, no LRMS, just lasers and srms. 100 alpha, so many one shots, so many tears, too much joy to keep my self.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users