Heavy Vs. The World Leaderboard Challenge!

128 replies to this topic

#121 Stinkeye

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDirectly under the sun .................................... ...................................now.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

I stopped playing as I thought I was safe in 3rd in Cataphracts..I was wrong grats to the winners. Sixth is still pretty good I guess :ph34r:

On another note pls limit the next one to 40 games or something like that. When you are over 1900 points luck comes into play too much and it just turns into a grindfest. If the other side was short or it was a big map there is little chance to get in all the kills and assists and that game is a right off. 30-40 games is plenty to see who has a lot of skill and who just has a lot of time.

Stink

#122 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

View PostOdnir, on 24 June 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

According to my stats screen and just knowing roughly where the number of matches played was before the weekend, I've played about 50-60 matches, or about six or seven hours by my typical match length.

damoonrulz - I will post my mechs later when I'm at home. I'm typing this on coffee break.

Non-stop. The more games you play the more chance you have of getting a high-scoring game.

#123 w0rm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

Reached 3nd (Jagermech) on Friday. Stopped playing. Dropped down to 16. Grinded my way up back to 7. Lost interest on sunday (aka I couldn't stand the grind any longer). Finished on 26th place.

Congrats to the winners though.

#124 Minoxen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:45 AM

Thanks to everyone who said how long they played, I think my first tourney was around 8-9 hours.

In my experience I can only manage to get around 8-10 games in an hour of play, so limiting the drops to 40 would encourage abit healthier playtimes to be competitive while allowing folks who want to keep playing to switch chassis and try again for another 40.

Really though, limiting matches will only help some. They really need to limit the tournament games to players who opted in and only solo drops. That way everyone who is dropping is going for the same goal and it should help some with the pure luck aspect of the grind.

#125 Brkojle

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

View PostShrouder, on 22 June 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

Needless to say, these tournaments contain everything but teamplay.

Need an example? Here you go:

...(i wont quote whole text)

Just skip next one. I really don't understand you all guys, why do you keep playing the game which makes you go mad!? Don't even dare thinkin that Stalker player had conscience...probably he reads and laugh at you atm. It's not worth it.

#126 FrDrake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

View PostBrkojle, on 25 June 2013 - 05:40 AM, said:

Just skip next one. I really don't understand you all guys, why do you keep playing the game which makes you go mad!? Don't even dare thinkin that Stalker player had conscience...probably he reads and laugh at you atm. It's not worth it.

All I did was master my jagermechs, if I had gotten done mastering the last one, I probably would have stopped altogether.

When it started I wanted to compete in Catapaults too, but then after getting high up in jagers I rebuilt my Catapault but couldn't click the launch button because it's been mastered since last Nov. So went back to jagers to grind out more xp.

#127 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

View Postdamoonrulz, on 23 June 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

I wish they'd reveal the top 5 places in each category's loadouts. I'd like to know just how slanted the game is to high-alpha builds vs. balanced builds.

I'd tell you the build that I used, but I haven't seen anyone else running it yet, and I like it a lot, so I'm gonna try and keep it to myself for a while longer. I'll just say that my Jager didn't have Gauss or AC/20s and I managed to do pretty good.

#128 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 23 June 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

See my post on page two of this thread ...

Thanks for the effort (link to your post for quick reference), but this is only really useful if one person is doing it. There may be multiple people with their own dummy accounts trying to do the same, which would be totally unnecessary if PGI would just give us the total number of participants in a category themselves.

Edited by DirePhoenix, 20 July 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#129 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 20 July 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

Thanks for the effort (link to your post for quick reference), but this is only really useful if one person is doing it. There may be multiple people with their own dummy accounts trying to do the same, which would be totally unnecessary if PGI would just give us the total number of participants in a category themselves.

I did it so that others could have a reference point for their own rankings ... I would really prefer that PGI let us know how many people participated in the leader boards.

I'll do it again at the end of this tournament ... I've got too much grinding to do this weekend to try and limit my play to groups.

64 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 64 guests, 0 anonymous users