Repair Techs For Community Warfare

12 replies to this topic

#1 Tice Daurus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

I know you guys have a lot planned for Community Warfare, but I was hoping to ask if we could get Astechs/ Repair techs put into Community Warfare.

Some suggestions I'd like to see if possible:

You'd have to hire them and any damage you get, they would be responsible for repairing mechs. You could get one of 4 types of repair techs:
- a Green/Novice tech. A cheap tech to work on your mech, and while he could do basic repairs, advanced repairs could not be done because he would be inexperienced.
- Basic/Regular tech. Can fix most repairs, but advanced repairs would take a 150 percent time to repair and there would be a 10 percent chance repairs do not work. Normal pay rate.
-Elite/Experienced tech. Can fix all repairs, basic repairs would have some time and money shaved off, say 25 percent time reduction and 5 percent under cost, but pay rate would be at 25 percent more than a basic tech.
Master tech. Can fix all repairs. Basic repairs would be done at 50 percent time reduction, and 10 percent under cost. Most expensive tech and would cost 50 percent more than a Basic tech rate and be the most expensive.

Also some repair techs could help find parts at a cheaper rate.
Green - same cost
Regular - 5 percent cheaper per parts/weapons/equipment.
Elite - 7.5 percent cheaper per parts/weapons/equipment.
Master - 10 percent cheaper per parts/weapons/equipment.

Plus you could customize your tech's appearance in the Mechbay and have him or her walk around in the background with other apprentices working on your mech in the background to give it some added flare.

You could also add say tools and repair equipment to help increase that tech's work output to give him better success rate or to tweek output of your mech to work say a shade better than the rest, like increasing heat efficiencies an extra 1-2 percent or increase quirks on a mech.

And here's the best thing for PGI...

Make the tools and repair equipment purchasable via either a large amount of c-bills or make them cheaper to purchase via MC. That way you could use MC to help increase PGI's revenue rate with another source of income.

Thoughts? Additional ideas to add on for people reading this?

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

kind of a cool idea. I'm not sure myself how i would prefer it, but your description has some really good details. I really like how you put the techs into different classes.

#3 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Well if you wanted to get really in depth with it, I know that PGi is thinking of adding EPIC weapons, parts, and equipment into the game down the road, if I can recall correctly. This would be a great way to help incorporate that into the game.

For example, add a Martel Medium Laser. Martel Medium Lasers were reknown for being top quality lasers on some mechs. Add it in and you could change the color a bit to incorporate it into the game for a small MC cost and give the Martel Medium laser say a fraction of a second faster recharge time, so instead of a medium laser firing at 3 seconds, make it 2.75 seconds. Or you could alter it by adding a .25 of a point more damage, so instead of 5 points of damage for a normal medium laser, the Martel fires with a bit more oomph to it at 5.25 points of damage. Nothing game shattering, but just a tad more power than a normal medium laser. And to make it fair, the Martel Medium Laser would have to be paired with other Martel Medium Lasers, thus your mech would all have to have them. Now for the added power or faster time, you'd have to offset them with maybe a bit more heat, for balance sake. So it would look like this.

Normal medium laser - 5 dmg, 4 heat, 3 second fire rate.
Martel Medium laser - 5.25 dmg, 4.5 heat, 2.75 second fire rate.

So a Martel would be a tiny bit better in damage, a little faster than a normal medium laser, but they would generate more heat. Now say you'd have 6 medium lasers you want on your mech. Ok...here's how it would look.

Normal medium laser x 6 - 30 dmg, 24 heat, 3 second fire rate.
Martel Medium laser x 6 - 31.5 dmg, 27 heat, 2.75 second fire rate.

So you might get a bit more damage, but 3 extra heat. It might be worth it, it might not because the more heat means you might not be able to fire that quickly in an alpha strike.

Now imagine if you did this with all of the weapons and stuck to the Battletech/Mechwarrior lore. And if you wanted the best weapons, tech, and equipment for your mech, it will cost you either one of two ways:
- You could have a more expensive version, via a large amount of C-Bills to purchase better weapons and keep them maintained, and you would have to use some GXP to set up for purchase this way.
- Or you could have a less expensive option via purchasing MC and purchase them this way so that PGI could make an extra source of revenue.

Either way, you could still get them either way, but the MC route would be cheaper and it lines PGI's pockets with money for the people who don't want to wait.

Now this is where your repair tech comes in...if they get damaged, there is a chance they might break and be lost forever to where you'd have to purchase new equipment, tech, weapons all over again. But if you had a repair tech, he can reduce the amount of percentage of breakage to where they are lost, and repair them as good as new.

Say a weapon breaks at under 50 percent damage to where it's lost forever. (I'm making this up as I go along here....) A repair tech could help keep equipment from being damaged or lost to where you'd have to purchase new equipment. And the better the tech with his skill rating, the more of a percentage to save equipment from damaged or lost forever, preserving your investment.

Ideas? Thoughts?

EDIT: Changed to have it show you could purchase it either way via c-bills or MC.

Edited by Tice Daurus, 22 June 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#4 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

What you have described is essentially a P2W system (making the best/better weapons like the Martel MC only). This would perhaps be okay if the weapons were not MC purchasable. Also, there's no way that I can support losing equipment permanently that I have paid real $$ for. It's the exact reason that I will never by an MC consumable. Might as well just set fire to my money.

Also, I am sorry, but I cannot agree with any form of R&R in this game, including tech's that cost me money to repair/rebuy stuff after each match.

Edited by Pater Mors, 21 June 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#5 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

Id love to see a system to hire repair techs, optimization engineers, etc. and upgrade them, train them , whatever, perhaps for a monthly cbill cost even.

#6 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 21 June 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Id love to see a system to hire repair techs, optimization engineers, etc. and upgrade them, train them , whatever, perhaps for a monthly cbill cost even.

yeah, pay them a monthly cbill cost, I like that idea.

#7 FrozenWaltDisney

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 73 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

Whats kinda of cool is that on the Mountain map they actually have a mech repair site in the north side (I think its north side).

I was definitely hoping it was something that will be utilized in the future.

#8 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostPater Mors, on 21 June 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

What you have described is essentially a P2W system (making the best/better weapons like the Martel MC only). This would perhaps be okay if the weapons were not MC purchasable. Also, there's no way that I can support losing equipment permanently that I have paid real $$ for. It's the exact reason that I will never by an MC consumable. Might as well just set fire to my money.

Also, I am sorry, but I cannot agree with any form of R&R in this game, including tech's that cost me money to repair/rebuy stuff after each match.

Pater, on second thought and reading your comments, I agree with you completely. I absolutely do not want a P2W system and you're 100 percent correct. Again my apologies for that, but I should have edited it to show that you could also purchase it via c-bills but at a higher c-bill rate. I'll correct my thoughts and edit it so that it shows that you could purchase it via both c-bills AND MC.

EDIT: Changed!

Edited by Tice Daurus, 22 June 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#9 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostTice Daurus, on 22 June 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Pater, on second thought and reading your comments, I agree with you completely. I absolutely do not want a P2W system and you're 100 percent correct. Again my apologies for that, but I should have edited it to show that you could also purchase it via c-bills but at a higher c-bill rate. I'll correct my thoughts and edit it so that it shows that you could purchase it via both c-bills AND MC.

I am certainly fine with manufacturer weapons that have different stats (I'd probably prefer it if there was no single 'best' one though) as long as they're available to everyone on the same playing field. I actually think it's a really good idea to have different variants of weapons.

I'd personally be running hot pink lasers wherever possible. :)

Edited by Pater Mors, 22 June 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#10 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostPater Mors, on 22 June 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

I am certainly fine with manufacturer weapons that have different stats (I'd probably prefer it if there was no single 'best' one though) as long as they're available to everyone on the same playing field. I actually think it's a really good idea to have different variants of weapons.

I'd personally be running hot pink lasers wherever possible. :D

Well the trick to having different weapons with some positive stats is you have to balance the weapons with some negative stats as well. For example, say you want a PPC with a decreased firing time from 4 seconds down to say 3 seconds. Fine, but you'd have to say balance it with a negative as well, like say increased heat and/or decreased damage. Then it would allow people to chose what they want.

However, hot pink lasers? OH my god please don't make me gag. LOL! Oh well I guess each to their own I guess. It might be nice for the ladies or the people who want hot pink lasers.

Edited by Tice Daurus, 23 June 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#11 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

I would say also we most definitely need repair techs in the animation of the mech bays working on stuff. MUST HAVE.

#12 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

Bumping because I still think this is a good idea and it needs to be seen...

#13 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

bump

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users