Ppc Guide & Points?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

So I have tried these things on a couple of Mechs now and ....

I stink with them.

Really, first tried a Trial K2 then recently an AWS-8T. With the K2 I could rarely get a hit, the 8T I just don't get the damage using them as I do with LL, maybe because I have this automatic need to slow down to fire them right else they miss worse.

Given they are considered a popular weapon, just what is needed to use PPCs correctly or should I just ignore them for ER LL (never tried)?
What Mechs use them best?
Thanks.

#2 Galen Crayn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 443 posts
  • LocationKonstanz - Germany

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

PPC has a weapon speed, that means if an enemy is moving for example to the right of you, you have to target a little right of where he is. While the ppc is flying he will reach the place you shot and get hit when ppc arrived. The wider he is away the more you have to target sidewards to the place he will be in half a second on 1000m...

Best Mechs for PPC is K2, Stalker, Awesome and Atlas-RS

Edited by Galen Crayn, 20 June 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#3 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

You don't need to slow down to fire them, but it will help you immensely if you don't turn while firing--which will change your aim point in ways that aren't reflected by the reticule. Otherwise PPCs are the fastest projectiles in the game, and by extension the easiest to hit with. Practice with them enough and your brain will compensate.

#4 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Here's a trick to improve your aim with PPCs. Get a mech like the Misery or an Atlas, that has a ballistic slot and can handle multiple PPCs. Then, put an AC/2 on the mech, with a couple tons of ammo. The AC/2 has the same speed as a PPC "projectile", but doesn't cost much heat and fires a lot faster. So, you can line up your shots using the AC/2 rounds as tracers, and when you start registering hits, you know you are in the right spot to hit with your PPCs as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users