#1 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

My wishlist:

More range

Tracking (like a lone SSRM)- alternatively, make the missile travel a lot faster.

Make the target show up on friendly radar as if they were within range of a seismic sensor.

Oh, and tweak the rewards so that this build becomes a virtual cash and GXP machine. Or at least cash.

#2 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

I'd like to see NARC have a 'track-to-reticule' function. So basically, you fire it but then have to keep your cursor on the target for it to hit. That would actually make it useful with it's current weight and ammo.

Dumbfire is a big reason it's worthless.

#3 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Yes...More range and definitely faster velocity.

In fact, I'd even settle for reduced ammo as long the range was increased and it had a faster velocity.

#4 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 21 June 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

Yes...More range and definitely faster velocity.

In fact, I'd even settle for reduced ammo as long the range was increased and it had a faster velocity.

#5 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostSephlock, on 21 June 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

What if it only had 1 round per ton, but it had a 1200 meter range and it guided ALL missiles to the target's head? Call it the "320 LRMs directly to the face" variant.

#6 Skyfaller

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

View PostSephlock, on 21 June 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

My wishlist:

More range

Tracking (like a lone SSRM)- alternatively, make the missile travel a lot faster.

Make the target show up on friendly radar as if they were within range of a seismic sensor.

Oh, and tweak the rewards so that this build becomes a virtual cash and GXP machine. Or at least cash.

Narc is a complete waste. Its duration is too short. In fact, I don't even know WHY it has a timer to begin with. It already is set to fall off when X damage hits the target mech (40 dmg I believe).

Also, as a scout, if you equip PPC and NARC... and go to an ECM mech , pop it with a PPC shot to down its ECM, stick the narc and keep popping a shot to keep its ECM down... the NARC will not work. Even if you keep the ECM down the entire time it still won't work.

The short timer of the narc also makes it useless. even 20 seconds is too short considering friendly LRM mechs need to spot the NARC'd target (4 to 5 seconds) lock the target (2 to 3 seconds), fire (1 second) and the missiles need to get there (up to 10 seconds) ... well you get the idea of why almost every narc'd target has missiles flying to it and the lock/NARC breaks before the missiles even get there.

If they made NARC have no time limit, have more ammo per ton and fall off at 40 damage it's be a useful tool for a scout.

#7 Skyfaller

• 1,332 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

View PostSephlock, on 21 June 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

My wishlist:

More range

Oh and..

COM-2D

You lose 50kph but you have ecm and you're really small. Only other lights with direct fire weapons will take you down (and anyway, jenners would take you down even with the largest engine on the commando anyway). At least this way you have some firepower :D

#8 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

Pretty please with sugar on top?

#9 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

I thought narc'd targets showed up on the radar of friendlies. As it is now, you could just use it for tracking targets, ofcourse with seismic as it is, you don't need to use it as much for that, BUT can still use it to keep a lock on the target with a bundle of streaks. Plus if they do change seismic in how it tracks lights, then that would bring in more use of NARC for tracking.

FYI, I'm planning on eventually getting an Awesome 9M, and am uncertain if I should go with one that has a STD engine but with 2 Medium lasers in the CT and 1 in the head for being a zombie, or having a 385 XL engine, 2 streaks in the CT, and a Narc in the left arm for light mech hunting.

#10 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

As I've said NARC is missing all of its features. It allows SRMs and LRMs to auto-track an attached beacon in other Mech games. It won't ever be useful for its tonnage unless it receives those features.

Edited by General Taskeen, 22 June 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#11 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 22 June 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

As I've said NARC is missing all of its features. It allows SRMs and LRMs to auto-track an attached beacon in other Mech games. It won't ever be useful for its tonnage unless it receives those features.

In all honesty, I would hate that. I hated that in MWLL when it was brought in like that. I would dumbfire my LRM's and usually hit what I wanted, but when they had NARC doing that, you couldn't really dumb fire on a mech that was closing on you, and there were times when the missles wouldnt even hit the NARC'd target. As for SRM's, I think that would be even worse. They might be directed at something out of range, or out of range by the time they are about to reach the NARC, as well as possibly reduce the spread of them to nothing, making them WAY too powerful.
I do NOT want my MWO NARC to be changed into that. PERIOD!!!(EXCLAMATIONPOINT)(EXCLAMATIONPOINT)(EXCLAMATIONPOINT)

#12 Tolkien

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

I thought they had finally buffed NARC so it pierces ECM.... Either way the duration still looks too short considering what it takes to land one on an enemy and get out alive.

#13 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostSkydrive, on 22 June 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

In all honesty, I would hate that. I hated that in MWLL when it was brought in like that. I would dumbfire my LRM's and usually hit what I wanted, but when they had NARC doing that, you couldn't really dumb fire on a mech that was closing on you, and there were times when the missles wouldnt even hit the NARC'd target. As for SRM's, I think that would be even worse. They might be directed at something out of range, or out of range by the time they are about to reach the NARC, as well as possibly reduce the spread of them to nothing, making them WAY too powerful.
I do NOT want my MWO NARC to be changed into that. PERIOD!!!(EXCLAMATIONPOINT)(EXCLAMATIONPOINT)(EXCLAMATIONPOINT)

Guess what Active And Passive Radar and ECM are for? Countering NARC. And the NARC beacon only lasted 30 seconds in MW:LL, and on top of that, PPC fire made it fall off. That's called Balance.

#14 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 22 June 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Guess what Active And Passive Radar and ECM are for? Countering NARC. And the NARC beacon only lasted 30 seconds in MW:LL, and on top of that, PPC fire made it fall off. That's called Balance.

True, but we don't exactly have Active and Passive, and how would ECM help me, unless the beacon is within range of enemy ECM. Should I ask the enemy to help me out by asking them to put NARC'd mech under ECM?
In MWLL, the narc could come so suddenly, and dissapear so suddenly. I would also dumbfire LRM's while also trying to get a lock, so going in and out of Active and Passive isn't exactly ideal.
MWLL is played differently then MWO, and having missles that are fired without a lock home in on a beacon in MWO is not the way to go, atleast not now.
First we would need more big maps with 12vs12. After that, and this is inclusive to making the NARC a homing beacon, seperate the missle ammunition to those that home in on the beacon, and those that don't. After that, there are a few more things that could be done, like only working with those that are in the same lance, or same group, where you can add or remove people in and out of game from a list of who's NARC beacons would you want your missles to follow, because in MWLL there were quite a few people who would spam the NARC, so your dumb fired missles would go somewhere else for more then 30 seconds. It was quite bad when you had someone like that on your team.

#15 Skyfaller

• 1,332 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

They could also make NARC 'pull in' any and all LRMs that are flying without a lock. That way the LRM boats can be told to fire in the scout's direction, the scout narc's a target and the LRM's acquire the lock in mid-air and home in.

#16 Tolkien

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostSkyfaller, on 22 June 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

They could also make NARC 'pull in' any and all LRMs that are flying without a lock. That way the LRM boats can be told to fire in the scout's direction, the scout narc's a target and the LRM's acquire the lock in mid-air and home in.

I kinda like that idea....

One of the reasons NARC was good in the source material was that there was no flight delay since it was turn based. So your scout could hit an enemy with NARC then your next mech to fire could make use of that NARC beacon.

Here the enemy can run for cover (or ECM, though I thought NARC punched through ECM now...if not, ugh.) in the 8-12 seconds it takes missiles to arrive.

Having unlocked missiles home in on a NARCed enemy would be very interesting.

#17 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

doesnt NARC negate ECM now? i thought it was useful last time i ran NARC with a group.

#18 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

All for it. Do something please.

#19 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

A nice little ping when a target is Narced would be nice too, to condition Puggers to target and fire :).

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users