Dear Pgi,

15 replies to this topic

#1 SpiralRazor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

This is how you introduce a new chassis:

This video was rendered entirely in CryEngine 3.

Mechwarrior Online should be a lot more "in the news", and that news should be a hell of a lot more favorable then its been these last 3 months.

This past week I spent out on a GTX 590, a 1600w power supply, 8 more gigs of Trident ram, a new SB pcie soundcard, and $65.00 for the preorder just to be in the eventual alpha in late 2013.

THATS the kind of response that this game should be getting...

I may still play MWO in the interim, but whatever interest in the IP I had is going to be dead by the end of summer at your current release and fix/balance rate.

Yall really should **** or get off the pot on this game. And that my friends, is the news.

Edited by SpiralRazor, 21 June 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:04 AM

Not a MWO news article...

Begone to off-topic!

#3 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostEgomane, on 22 June 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

Not a MWO news article...

Begone to off-topic!

This could probably be placed in general discussions.

Just sayin'

#4 Tolkien

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:47 AM

View PostSpiralRazor, on 21 June 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

This is how you introduce a new chassis:

This video was rendered entirely in CryEngine 3.

Mechwarrior Online should be a lot more "in the news", and that news should be a hell of a lot more favorable then its been these last 3 months.

This past week I spent out on a GTX 590, a 1600w power supply, 8 more gigs of Trident ram, a new SB pcie soundcard, and $65.00 for the preorder just to be in the eventual alpha in late 2013.

THATS the kind of response that this game should be getting...

I may still play MWO in the interim, but whatever interest in the IP I had is going to be dead by the end of summer at your current release and fix/balance rate.

Yall really should **** or get off the pot on this game. And that my friends, is the news.

I am also one of the kickstarters of star citizen since I loved wing commander, but I thought they were being careful to make the game scale up and down gracefully?

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostTolkien, on 22 June 2013 - 02:47 AM, said:

I am also one of the kickstarters of star citizen since I loved wing commander, but I thought they were being careful to make the game scale up and down gracefully?

Yeah, but what's the point in playing such a game if it looks like crap?

You might as well stick to the old games in such a situation... plus, they are using CryEngine 3 and aren't F2P (like MW:O), why on Earth would they not use it to it's full potential?

#6 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

View PostPando, on 22 June 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

This could probably be placed in general discussions.

Just sayin'

If this is just another rant about the closing of the old GD, I can tell you that this post is still advertisement for SC and belongs to all the other SC content in the off-topic forum and would have been moved here just the same.

I admit, it's mixing critizism on PGIs/IGPs advertising in the post. But at it's core, SpiralRazor is just telling us: "This looks good, I upgraded my system and paid to be in. Do it like that!"

I'm just as much a fan of SC as he is. I paid even more money then he did to get the development started (not to be in an alpha or beta) and I have been registered to the SC website since day 1, when most didn't even know it existed. My metal citizen card is looking shiny (but is faulty and I have been promised a new one sometime in the future).

We have no real content for SC yet. Just a few videos, concept arts and lots of promises. I don't see that game getting into it's promised alpha stage by the end of the year. If we get to that stage by mid-2014 I'll still be impressed. Chris Roberts is known, for not holding up to his promised schedules. If SpiralRazor is unsatisfied with the speed MWO is developing, he wont be satisfied by SC.

#7 Galen Crayn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 443 posts
  • LocationKonstanz - Germany

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

Whats the Name of this game?

#8 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

Star Citizen

Official Website: http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
(currently in the state of changing into a new layout)

#9 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

View PostEgomane, on 22 June 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

If this is just another rant about the closing of the old GD, I can tell you that this post is still advertisement for SC and belongs to all the other SC content in the off-topic forum and would have been moved here just the same.

I admit, it's mixing critizism on PGIs/IGPs advertising in the post. But at it's core, SpiralRazor is just telling us: "This looks good, I upgraded my system and paid to be in. Do it like that!"

I'm just as much a fan of SC as he is. I paid even more money then he did to get the development started (not to be in an alpha or beta) and I have been registered to the SC website since day 1, when most didn't even know it existed. My metal citizen card is looking shiny (but is faulty and I have been promised a new one sometime in the future).

We have no real content for SC yet. Just a few videos, concept arts and lots of promises. I don't see that game getting into it's promised alpha stage by the end of the year. If we get to that stage by mid-2014 I'll still be impressed. Chris Roberts is known, for not holding up to his promised schedules. If SpiralRazor is unsatisfied with the speed MWO is developing, he wont be satisfied by SC.

got a goldcard as well^^... but thats not the reason for the quote..i completely agree that all those who have high expectations towards SC will be ranting just like they do now about MWO... because i also can´t see SC going into a full shaped alpha client this year... many people say "2014"... i´d say you can be happy when it goes into an early CBT end of 2014.... IIRC someone from the SC staff already said "expect SC in 2015"...

SC is an ambitious project... it MAY become a great game...but that WILL take time... more than the 1.5 years MWO had so far... and somehow i doubt that SC can fulfill ALL the promises they made, at least not right from launch

people live in dreams about a future "holy" game right now... just as we all did, when MWO was announced,and many other games before...i just say "Render Videos don´t make a good game"... let´s see how much of that will be left when it opens the gates

Edited by Alex Warden, 22 June 2013 - 04:14 AM.

#10 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Hmm.

How about I create a suggestion thread. In this suggestion thread, I will explain what other video games in development are doing to attract attention. Then, detail what MWO isn't doing to attract attention.

The suggestion being "insert any marketing strategy here" because at the moment..I've not seen anything in direct comparison to other titles save a few banner adds on random websites that support battletech which undoubtedly have less than 1,000 unique hits per quarter.

Alas, it is probably a wasted effort on my part If I did decide to create said thread. I would be embarrassed to advertise "things to come" that were already scheduled to have been here by now.

Edited by Pando, 22 June 2013 - 06:26 AM.

#11 NeoFighter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 121 posts
  • LocationOn the battlefield

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Saw this this morning...simply amazing what a good director of operations and a team that knows what they are doing can do

https://cdn-rsi.s3-u...es_brochure.pdf

heres the brochure for it too, its just like a car dealership...i love it

#12 Savageson

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

Well, with what they have shown rendered already the dog fighting alpha should come out some what on schedule. Will it work great? No. Will it let you fly the ships they have made so far? Hopefully. Has RSI made more interesting news posts/videos/engineering docs and kept up very good lines of communication to questions? Yes.

Has PGI done any of those things? No.

They kind of ran out of gas at the end of closed beta and never really seemed to get their second wind with any of the production values.

#13 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

Dunno man....every week im seeing something new being developed and posted to there website, and they even take you inside the creation and design process on occasion. Im guessing that there is a whole lotta stuff thats being worked on that we arent seeing, as every indication is those officers are BUSY> Also, it does really seem like whoever they have programming for there Cry3 knows it better then whoever Piranha is using.

And its ALL being done without an IGP vulture-like entity siphoning money off and generally screwing things up. I think thats going to be a huge advantage, sorry... How many pies does IGP have its fingers in right now?? (Sins of a Dark Age. really?)

Yeah..

If you are a backer, you know that they recently offered the Idris Corvette for $1250.00 during the live stream website opening.. They made 100 of them available, and they were ALL SOLD in the wee hours of the morning.

All sold.

The level of consumer confidence, based on what is being shown, is 10x that of Mechwarrior Online. I would not be the LEAST surprised if they hit 15 million by the end of closed alpha, 22 million at end of closed beta.

Anyway, shadowrun returns goes live on the 25th...it will be interesting to see how the first big Kickstarter hits and is received.

View PostSavageson, on 23 June 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Well, with what they have shown rendered already the dog fighting alpha should come out some what on schedule. Will it work great? No. Will it let you fly the ships they have made so far? Hopefully. Has RSI made more interesting news posts/videos/engineering docs and kept up very good lines of communication to questions? Yes.

Has PGI done any of those things? No.

They kind of ran out of gas at the end of closed beta and never really seemed to get their second wind with any of the production values.

Exactly...and btw, thats a video made in the engine, as it was lots and lots easier to do so rather then create a render.

View PostAlex Warden, on 22 June 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

got a goldcard as well^^... but thats not the reason for the quote..i completely agree that all those who have high expectations towards SC will be ranting just like they do now about MWO... because i also can´t see SC going into a full shaped alpha client this year... many people say "2014"... i´d say you can be happy when it goes into an early CBT end of 2014.... IIRC someone from the SC staff already said "expect SC in 2015"...

SC is an ambitious project... it MAY become a great game...but that WILL take time... more than the 1.5 years MWO had so far... and somehow i doubt that SC can fulfill ALL the promises they made, at least not right from launch

people live in dreams about a future "holy" game right now... just as we all did, when MWO was announced,and many other games before...i just say "Render Videos don´t make a good game"... let´s see how much of that will be left when it opens the gates

Honestly? I think they will work EXTRA SUPER HARD to follow the timeline, and deliver on what they have said. Its the most well funded crowd funded game to date. There is a lot riding on SC, and im not talking about the game. Im talking about the viability of the idea of AAA titles being feasible via crowdsourcing...

Its not just the founders watching, its literally the whole of the gaming industry. Ditto with Project Eternity.

#14 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

We all know the REAL reason the old general forum was turned off....massive bad press and vitriolic posts.. MWO already had two black eyes already by that point though.

And btw, Star Citizen will be extremely scalable.

Reference?

The man himself:

https://forums.rober...orking-with-amd

#15 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

View PostSpiralRazor, on 03 July 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

We all know the REAL reason the old general forum was turned off....massive bad press and vitriolic posts.. MWO already had two black eyes already by that point though.

And btw, Star Citizen will be extremely scalable.

Reference?

The man himself:

https://forums.rober...orking-with-amd

I just love when they refer to him as "the man (himself)", I imagine its a workplace dream come true for every male specimen.

#16 SpiralRazor

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hell...Id like to work there...If given the opportunity, id def change careers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users