The Stalker Easy-Mode? Indeed!

50 replies to this topic

#1 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

So Îbo⊗t Î week o∨ two Îgo I wÎÕ Ð⊗gÔng &cux;Ôke eve∨yone e&cux;Õe Ôn I tÖÔnk ÒÎybe Òy CÎtÎÐÖ∨Î⊕t. T∨yÔng to j⊗Õt ÖÎve Î bÔt of f⊗n, ÎnÓ g∨ÔnÓ ⊗Ð ÕoÒe ⊕-bÔ&cux;&cux;Õ. B⊗t gÎÒe Îfte∨ gÎÒe I&undefined;Ó ÓÔe o∨ ÖÎve Î teÎÒ tÖÎt wo⊗&cux;Ó fÎ&cux;&cux; ÎÐÎ∨t, Ó⊗e to tÖe ÒetÎ tÖÎt ÔÕ ÕtÎnÓÔng I&undefined;Ó t⊗∨n Î ⊕o∨ne∨ ÎnÓ booÒ ÓeÎÓ. (FÔ∨Õt off I know tÖe ne∨f ÔÕ ⊕oÒÔng b⊗t tÖÔÕ ÔÕn&undefined;t to b***Ö Îbo⊗t PPC&undefined;Õ)

So I ÕÎÔÓ "F**k Ôt, I&undefined;ve ÖÎÓ eno⊗gÖ of tÖÔÕ!" Îfte∨ tÖÎt gÎÒe I bo⊗gÖt Î ÕtÎ&cux;ke∨ ÎnÓ &cux;oÎÓeÓ 2 PPC ÎnÓ 2 ER-PPC onto ÕÎÔÓ StÎ&cux;ke∨. TÖen Ð∨o⊕eeÓeÓ b&cux;ÎÕt eve∨ytÖÔng to ÓeÎtÖ gÎÒe Îfte∨ gÎÒe. I wÎÕ two-to-one ÕÖottÔng eve∨ytÖÔng fo∨ tÖe ne⊥t 25 Öo⊗∨Õ. In tÖ∨ee ÓÎyÕ I ÖÎÓ ÒÎÕte∨eÓ tÖ∨ee StÎ&cux;ke∨Õ.
Not to ÒentÔon Î&cux;&cux; tÖe ÖeÎÓ-ÕÖotÕ I wÎÕ gettÔng! TÖe wÖo&cux;e tÖÔng b∨o⊗gÖt tÖe ÖeÎÓ ÖÔtbo⊥ Ð∨ob&cux;eÒ o⊗t of tÖe CÎtÎÐ⊗&cux;t too! It ÕeeÒÕ fo⊗∨ o⊗t of fÔve tÔÒeÕ I ∨⊗n Ônto Î P⊗&cux;t I&undefined;Ó ÖeÎÓ-ÕÖot Ôt, wÖy ÓoeÕ tÖÎt Òe⊕Ö ÖÎve Õ⊗⊕Ö Î ÖÎnÓÔ⊕ÎÐ ÔÕ beyonÓ Òe, b⊗t tÖÎt ÔÕ fo∨ ÎnotÖe∨ tÔÒe.

TÖe ÐoÔnt I&undefined;Ò t∨yÔng to ÒÎke ÔÕ tÖÎt I went f∨oÒ gettÔng ÕÒÎÕÖeÓ to ÕÒÎÕÖÔng, tÖÎt ÕÖo⊗&cux;Ón&undefined;t ÖÎÐÐen. TÖe ÐÔ&cux;ot ÕÖo⊗&cux;Ó ÒÎke tÖe Òe⊕Ö not tÖe otÖe∨ wÎy Î∨o⊗nÓ.

EÓÔt: If yo⊗ ÖÎve Î "EZ ÒoÓe" Õto∨y of tÖÔÕ bÔg wÎ&cux;kÔng g⊗n I&undefined;Ó &cux;Ôke to ÖeÎ∨ Ôt. I&undefined;Ó &cux;Ôke to ⊕ÖÎnge tÖÔÕ f∨oÒ Î wÖÔne tÖ∨eÎÓ to Î j⊗Õt Òo∨e ∨o⊗nÓeÓ tÖ∨eÎÓ.

Last night I was playing at four in the morning I said why not one game then bed, so it was. To the 3F AWAY! dropped into Tourmaline, started to walk, because it was going to be while before I saw the enemy.
I decided to keep moving to the right hand side rather than setup with the rest of the team. There on the right side there was two other mechs one of a light and my clan mate in a Jigger to support me. as I rounded a corner I saw a Highlander my clan mate opened up on him, he turned fired off his Gauss rifle then started to jump jet into the air I aimed for his head and |ook the shot midair his head exploded and fell to the ground. After the Highlander was down the pilot said it was a nice shot, thanked him and moved back the rest of the team had engaged the bulk of their team, I moved to engage their left flank. An Atlas was pushing over an outcrop, in a split second reaction I flicked my mouse and alpha'ed to my surprise I blew his left eye out,(killing the pilot. At this point their team was crumpling most of their assaults were destroyed and there was only heavy mechs left. I dropped a Quickdraw with two alphas, then helped kill the last mech witch was a Jenner. Ripped a leg off and was collectively shredded to death. Victory to the walking gun!

AGAIN I EDIT MY POST AND IT F*CKS IT OVER! WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME EVERY TIME!

Edited by NautilusCommand, 23 June 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#2 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

get seismic too for more ez mode.

#3 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Unless you have other assaults and played them for hundreds of matches, you would have went to basically roflstomping mid Elo noobs from better players.

#4 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 22 June 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

Unless you have other assaults and played them for hundreds of matches, you would have went to basically roflstomping mid Elo noobs from better players.

I play the Atlas, I've played it for months.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

Yeah, Stalkers are just too well built for ridge humping. The model needs a long overdue size increase.

#6 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 June 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Yeah, Stalkers are just too well built for ridge humping. The model needs a long overdue size increase.

Humping is an understatement. lol

#7 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostNautilusCommand, on 22 June 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

Humping is an understatement. lol

PPC Stalkers treat hills like they treat medium mechs.

#8 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 22 June 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Like their wife? Or as their b*tch.
Now all someone has to do is take the Stalker and give it a hat with a feather poking out of it, and a **** cane.

#9 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 22 June 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Sometimes I wish there was some sort of hard point restrictions in MWO. Canon-wise Stalker arms carry Medium Lasers FFS. Large Lasers and PPCs are mounted only in the torso sections.

Edited by El Bandito, 22 June 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#10 DeadlyNerd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

And this is why I never bought a single stalker. I like to keep things challenging cause challenging means fun.

#11 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 June 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Sometimes I wish there was some sort of hard point restrictions in MWO. Canon-wise Stalker arms carry Medium Lasers FFS. Large Lasers and PPCs are mounted only in the torso sections.

PGI rejected that idea ages ago, it makes me sad yu'know?

#12 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostNautilusCommand, on 22 June 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

"I said "F**k it, I've had enough of this!" after that game I bought a stalker and loaded 2 PPC and 2 ER-PPC onto said Stalker. Then proceeded blast everything to death game after game I was two to one shotting everything for the next 25 hours. In three days I had mastered three Stalkers."

Relax man, I think you've found your niche...

Hey when I was asked what I wanted when I was small I said " I want to be the Singer for a Rock n Roll band, an Astronaut, a FireFighter, and Emperor of the World.. I guess being 2 out of those 4 wasn't bad...

Keep up the killing, you found your ride..!!

#13 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 22 June 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

Relax man, I think you've found your niche...

Hey when I was asked what I wanted when I was small I said " I want to be the Singer for a Rock n Roll band, an Astronaut, a FireFighter, and Emperor of the World.. I guess being 2 out of those 4 wasn't bad...

Keep up the killing, you found your ride..!!

It's not about niche, PPCs are just that good right now, and the Stalker has been terrific as a PPC boat since it came out.
I know, I played it as a PPC boat when it first came out. 2PPC, 2ERPPC, 5SSRM on the 5M before HSR and lowered heat. It was still one of my most effective rides.

#14 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

duh, stalker turret is much easier than poptarting

#15 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 22 June 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

It's not about niche, PPCs are just that good right now,

You forgot the part where the Stalker is harder to take down than an Atlas for certain Mechs.
You also forgot the higher position of the weapons instead of low slung arms.

Let the guy have some fun in his Stalker geeesh..

#16 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 22 June 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

You forgot the part where the Stalker is harder to take down than an Atlas for certain Mechs.
You also forgot the higher position of the weapons instead of low slung arms.

Let the guy have some fun in his Stalker geeesh..

I direct you to the latter part of my statement.

View PostOne Medic Army, on 22 June 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

and the Stalker has been terrific as a PPC boat since it came out.

Besides, the OP called it Easy-Mode first, I'm allowed to agree. :)

Stalkers aren't actually too bad to take down if you know their hitboxes: aim for the crotch.

#17 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 22 June 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

Stalkers aren't actually too bad to take down if you know their hitboxes: aim for the crotch.

PERV..!!! :)

#18 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

if stalker see u, ppc go a flying:D

#19 GODzillaGSPB

• 2,028 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

I too was in the mood to give my mechs a go today but I don't have a single assault, only mediums and heavies. Boy was I squashed in 3 out of 4 games. Being a versatile, agile heavy can be an advantage, but with the kind of standing-battles between assault-teams at the moment it sure is frustratingly difficult.

I guess I should by an assault then, like the topic starter did. But I wont do it. End of story. :)

#20 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostSoy, on 22 June 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

duh, stalker turret is much easier than poptarting

Soy man poptarting is a system abuse, it's not in TT.
If you just don't like it man I've heard that MW4 has a nice poptarting meta as well as MWLL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users