27 replies to this topic

#21 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

its not a bad idea if this si done when the majority damage is done by the assister... meaning he had his kill stolen.

#22 BigMekkUrDakka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 213 posts
  • Locationland of AWESOME pilots

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

i'll try to elaborate my point now :P
actually you can say that is my egoistic request, because i have troubles last hitting my enemies and my mech as well bad at it (runs too hot, so often i doesn't have enough "heat" to shoot that alfa, and i cannot let myself OH just cannot) often i end up with best damage on team and 8 assists, which is perfectly fine by me, but not then those tournaments starts, lately i became better at picking up the kills, but in never was and never will be my top priority i better bring my ppcs of doom on that ac40 jaeger lumping to my teammates with nasty grin on his mug, instead of picking that no hands no st atlas kill.
so switching from whine mode to curse mode, i would say that there is a lot of "rat" moves after that tournament started, especially in assault bracket, then people abandon their teammates so they can rack up more damage and kills, or holding their "op" 45dmg alfas to pick up those 12hp kills, i'm not saying that leaders of current tournament all use "dirty" tricks to improve their score, but there is a lot of bottom feeding players who stick to those tactics

TL; DR: yes picking up kills require some extra skill, but often it is done on expense of teammates and in good team with equal damage spread it doesn't even matter who did those last 2 damage
PS:probably they should exclude kills at all, its nothing but a old tradition from doom/quake deathmatch, duel gamemodes

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

All I can say is... a tourney optimized mech is one that can shoot at any given time and get to its target effectively, so that's kinda a self-induced problem and not something that can be solved by asking for said change.

Edited by Deathlike, 23 June 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#24 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostPEEFsmash, on 22 June 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

I'm #3 in lights, just a handful off of the lead and I have had 0 games with 6 kills.

Yeah, I was #3 in mediums, and my best games that improved my score the greatest were 4/3 with around 400 damage. I got 5/1 and my score didn't go up at all.

#25 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostDocBach, on 23 June 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Yeah, I was #3 in mediums, and my best games that improved my score the greatest were 4/3 with around 400 damage. I got 5/1 and my score didn't go up at all.

I was #1 for a little while. Since then tho the games where I get 5 kills and 600 damage my team still lost somehow(to cheesewagons). Like 3 of them now, if I had the points from those games I'd probably still be in the top 5. Done fell to 12th.

#26 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostDocBach, on 23 June 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Collect all the assists you can get. The math is against you when you don't.

Edited by Deathlike, 23 June 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#27 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

im thinking assault mode is the best way to do this tournament, as the players usually group up so its easier to get the kills and assists - since this tournament doesnt count accomplishing objectives at all

#28 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostDocBach, on 23 June 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

im thinking assault mode is the best way to do this tournament, as the players usually group up so its easier to get the kills and assists - since this tournament doesnt count accomplishing objectives at all

I run it on All.

Assault does do it, but you don't always get the 1v1 or 2v1 matchups you want to occur, depending on the map and the blob you have.

Conquest occasionally provides that natural setup...

Nothing is guaranteed however.

Edited by Deathlike, 23 June 2013 - 03:12 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users