Throttle Issue

5 replies to this topic

#1 nytmare banacek

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

So I made progress and have the joystick y and x axis working in game.

The throttle set up, however, is still giving me headaches.

It is a CH Products throttle. Pushing the throttle forward/back has the reverse effect in game, IE I need to pull throttle slider back to accelerate and vice versa.

The settings I have are...

1. In CH Control Manager:
Throttle slider is set to Control type "position" with the string of KP1 KP2 KP3 KP4 KP5 KP6 KP7 KP8 KP9 KP0

2. My MWO user.cfg:

cl_joystick_gain = 10
cl_joystick_sensitivity = 1
cl_joystick_throttle_range = 0
cl_joystick_invert_throttle = 0
cl_joystick_invert_pitch = 1
cl_joystick_invert_yaw = 0
cl_joystick_invert_turn = 0
cl_joystick_deadzone = 0.1

-I tried setting the CH Throttle slider to DX mode JS0 slider 0. The in game MWO set up, however, will not recognize the slider.
-I also tried reversing the order of the slider string to KP0 KP9 KP8 KP7 KP6 KP5 KP4 KP3 KP2 KP1. The effect I see in game does not change.

ANY IDEAS what to do?

#2 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

ANY IDEAS what to do?

I recommend switching to CH's emulator for x/y axis for starters and not bind x/y to the menu in-game. That will allow independent adjustment to the x/y and a host of other neato options unavailable to you through the game's controls support (note- y is far more sensitive in-game) and it won't get wiped out every other patch like seems to happen to the normal stick support. To do this, I recommended resetting the control options on the menu to be sure there are no remnant bindings on these or any other lines screwing up your controls.

Throttle (and analog turn if you are using it) are *good working analog controls and these should be binded directly in menu>options on the client and should be easy to get working this route, no DX mode, no nonsense, just bind the analog axis as normal. You already have the lines in your .cfg (comment out or delete the unused joystick lines if you use emulator for x/y) to support this so all the easier.

*(from ATD40)
Gameplay/Game modes/Meta
Loc Nar: When will the controls be updated to allow the use of chat/scoreboard/battlegrid while using analog throttle?
A: It’s a technical limitation of the engine currently. We’re looking into a way to fix it.

#3 EyeDie I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

i think theres an invert throttle in options

#4 Sniper Behind Ya

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Have you tried:
cl_joystick_invert_throttle = 1

#5 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

If all else fails, UJR (See link in sig) will solve these issues.

#6 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

cl_joystick_invert_throttle = 1

...dunno how I missed this obvious glaring problem, but this had to be the issue. Good catch, SedHurtya.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users