• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 25 June 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

“In an exclusive Inner Sphere News report, we have just received leaked documents about a massive initiative designated as ‘Project Phoenix’. Featuring an exotic range of ancient technology thought lost to the sands of time, this is YOUR chance to pre-order these BattleMechs via four unique and value-packed offers.

The Locust, a speedy reconnaissance Mech, infamous for its quick speed and extremely quick manoeuvrability, was first introduced by Bergen Industries in 2499. The Shadow Hawk is a versatile and fast medium Mech, arguably most famous for its use by Grayson Death Carlyle of the Gray Death Legion. It was first built by Lang Industries in 2457 during the so-called ‘Golden Age’ of BattleMech creation. The Thunderbolt is an eclectically armed heavy Mech, originally designed as an Assault Mech by Earthwerks Incorporated in 2491. While no longer the biggest chassis around, the Thunderbolt is still respected for its varied load out and especially roomy cockpit. The Battlemaster is a Mech with a very storied history, and has been used in countless battles throughout the inner sphere. With an adaptable weapons platform, this Mech has been used in virtually every role and on hundreds of battlefields, including the Battle of Coventry by Wayne Waco, commander of the Waco Rangers.

Each package delivers both the Phoenix BattleMechs of each unique chassis type, plus two Standard Variants. See the package details here for the full readout on the package contents that accompany each tier. Project Phoenix will be available for a limited time only and once vaulted, these packages will never be made available again! A FAQ of the project can be found here. An official feedback thread can be found here."

Inner Sphere NewsThe Universe, To You

Honestly?

No word about CW and this?

And people are happy about it?

#282 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostStraygo, on 25 June 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

thats fraking awsome, but what i wanna know is, what are these "Loyalty POints" that the phoenix mechs are going to give a bonus to? is it a new form of currancy? or similar to what rift did, where you pay for premium time and you get rewards and you can use the points youve accumulated to buy little stuff like hanging items and camos and junk. Just curious as to what they were.

Read about loyalty points here:
http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/

#283 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostBagheera, on 25 June 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

Now I'm dying to know what variants we are getting (outside the ones published, obviously).

wtb TDR-7SE, plzkthx ;)

I hear you. The standard Thunderbolt is so "built for TT and not MWO" that it will get killed without a ton of customization, but there are some fantastic variants to choose from (I'm looking at you too 5SD)

#284 Xione87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 25 June 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Because you're also buying nearly 3 months of exclusivity with the battlemaster when you get the overlord.

The Locust is released the Oct 15, the day the sale goes into effect. Each tier above that gives you more "early access" to the mechs coming in the next 3 months afterwards.

Fair enough, you have a point. Exclusive early access does seem a bit sensitive though. It may not be pay-to-win, but if these mechs turn out to be quite good...

#285 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 892 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Shut up and take my money!

However...

There's been some talk and suggestions that the money from this sale may be going towards unrelated business ventures. I, along with many others surely, would like to see some sort of official statement that assures us that most of our money is going towards the game we love so much!

#286 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Ok, so if we're paying for early access, why can't I pay for early access of JUST the mech I want?

#287 Mengsai

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

I had to do it for the in-game badge since I missed the Founders program. Cool PGI made another program available with essentially 4 Hero-mech types: the Phoenix mechs with the 30% C-Bill boost.

Yesssssssssssssssss, the BattleMaster and ShadowHawk ARE HERE which were must haves! (Please bring the jump jet BattleMaster variants at 85 tons and only 1 ton per jj (most efficient). The ShadowHawk is also the most efficient medium mech at 55 tons for jump jets.)

20-55 tons- 1 jump jet costs .5 tons
60-85 tons- 1 jump jet costs 1 ton
90-100 tons- 1 jump jet costs 2 tons

Fantastic, for my favorite mechs are ones with jump jets.

#288 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostKyossed, on 25 June 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

What, are you people kidding me? The game's getting so much better. I haven't crashed once for months. Haven't had any HUD issues, or yellow screens of death, no CTD or Mechbay. They're obviously working on fixing it, and the game is markedly improved already.

No collisions just promises. Weapons hit detection isn't any better after HSR. Random d/c's and crashes are still here. Weapon balancing needs to be started (PPCs, SSRMs, LRMs, the usual suspects...). Gameplay is crap with perfect auto weapon convergence. Matchmaker isn't working really. No R&R. I can go on ...

Its funny how a little more then a year ago PGI promised that ALL items in game would be availiable for purcahse with in-game currency. I've no respect for people who don't keep their word. And I'm sure as hell NOT giving them any money until they actually start to do what they promised. Now before you start to tell me smth like 'they need to make a business' ... there are many ways to do it - milking $$ out of players is the worst way. It has been proven by many F2P games. Its a shame to see this one going same way ...

Edited for grammar.

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 25 June 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#289 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Only interested in the Shadow Hawk, I can wait till the C-Bill version is released and crush all Phoenix Variants!! ;P

#290 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 25 June 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Honestly?

No word about CW and this?

And people are happy about it?

Yes (though it requires a little reading between the lines). This seems to basically establish a "publish" date of Oct 15th. Which is about 2 months later than we were told in the past, but current features are already about a month behind, so no big surprise there. All that being said, it (most likely) means full CW will be in place by Oct 15, so phases have to start rolling out soon.

As PGi seems to like surprising us these days, the fact that they aren't talking about CW, prob means were going to start seeing CW real soon.

If all the theory crafting isn't your thing, than just accept that people are thrilled to see iconic mechs they've wanted for a really long time are going to be in the game, (when most had accepted they never would be) and that's worth getting excited over.

#291 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 25 June 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Greedy much? Fix the game first then farm more money off people.

When a car company comes out with a new car, are they considered greedy for doing so? Are they forcing you to purchase this? I'm choosing not to buy this on the merit that since netcode issues still plague me with this game in particular, I cannot get enjoyment from any additional purchase, but even I still don't think that this makes PGI greedy. There are many people in this game who don't have the issues I do and are looking forward to this purchase and its perks. More power to them.

#292 M4jk

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCZ

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostNephera, on 25 June 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

you guys gonna spend this money on mechwarrior tactics too?

No, although my finger was ticking lightly on a LMB with cursor over "buy" button two times already:) But at the end I always decided to spent the money rather on MWO than on MWT ... ;)

#293 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted Image

#294 Dankh

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

I have very little free money to throw into this game. The last 2 MC buys I made were with money I received as gifts for Christmas and my birthday. All I ask is that the closing day come at the END of September at the earliest as I have to wait until Fathers Day (Australia) to get some free cash so I can buy the Overlord package ;)

Oh and I almost forgot....where's my Marauder? There can be no Madcat with out the MAD

#295 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

View Postryoma, on 25 June 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

Ok, so if we're paying for early access, why can't I pay for early access of JUST the mech I want?

Business 101 - they need to tempt you to spend more money than you wanted to spend in the first place.

There's no cherry picking. Did you ever buy a car? All you get is packages. After paying those 80 bucks you will say, hey that is worth much more, i got x mechs and mechbays and items and you will count the mc and the dollar cost for the mc.

And you will say hey good deal, I save x dollars with the big package. But the truth is you dont. You dont save money with buying a big package. The only way to save money is to not spend it. But many people dont understand this.

But, and thats a big but (lol), this is our hobby and you shouldn't think to much about it. Its still cheaper than a greenfee for a round of golf ;)

#296 Renaissance

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNew Jerusalem, Tharkad

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

These packages will never be made available again because this game is going to sink before they get any sort of opportunity to offer them (or anything else) ever again.

Congratulations, PGI. Instead of shifting the game back into a role-defined team-oriented combat simulator using giant robots, you're giving us shiny new toys. So which one of them can cram the most PPCs, AC20s or LRMs on it? Because thats what this game's victory conditions come down to. Whoever can boat the most high-damage alphas.

This game is Call of Duty with giant robots. I challenge PGI to fix gameplay balance first -- or at least offering some kind of sign that gameplay balance is being addressed in a logical fashion... then maybe I'll lay down my cash for one of these packages.

Until then, this is just a shiny new distraction to keep people from remembering that MWO at this point is all about high-damage alphas and to hell with any sort of team-oriented tactics. 8-mans are horrible because it just consists of which team has the most ERPPC snipers.

Fix the game first, then ask for my money. I promise you I will pay you money if you at least give us an indication you're trying to steer this game back into the right direction it used to be in.

#297 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

oh screw the Phoneix pack...TWINKIES ARE COMING BACK! abcnews.go.com/US/twinkies-set-make-sweetest-comeback/story/… They can have my money as I have never been let down by twinkies.

Edited by Kibble, 25 June 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#298 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Blatant money grab is blatant. This looks like a last minute cash grab before they close the servers. You may have fooled the founders but you wont get me. It's a nice stunt on IGPs part though, cause now instead of swimming in disgruntled rage the forums are a float in an ocean of false hope.

#299 Gut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNear Dallas, TX

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

Honestly think that they should throw in some MC for the price, not everyone is going to use all the Mechs but still wants to support the company.

#300 Illiani Dourana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

No...*******...way!

93 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 93 guests, 0 anonymous users