#341 M4jk

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCZ

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostCrypt0Kn1ght, on 25 June 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

Looks like I'm going to pony up more moolah. I have always wanted a T-bolt or Shadowhawk though (and Battlemasters are pretty sweet too).

Not mentioning, that SH and BM are a must have for BT novels readers ;)

#342 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

View Postryoma, on 25 June 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

This would be a great value, but Being charged 40 dollars for three medium mechs or 80 for 3 assaults is ridiculous.

This is assuming, that like me, the player buying only cares for one specific mech.

but you're paying 80$ for 12 mechs plus 12 mech bays plus 90 days premium time...

#343 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

New mech, why not Crabbot? http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Crab

#344 BlackWidow

• 1,182 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostGaussDragon, on 25 June 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

I was hoping to see the Netcode IIC.

OMG. Coke Zero out the nose. Thanks GD.

#345 Maximilian Cromwell

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationGreen Bay

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

What? What? Did someone say Thunderbolt? My favorite Mech of all time. Probably the best designed Mech in any weight class. I am one happy Mechwarrior. >Does the happy Mech dance<

#346 Havok1978

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 371 posts
  • LocationTexaz!!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostTheBaron, on 25 June 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

-Content
-Feature
-Feature
-Feature
-Feature
-Feature
-Feature

The content of the program grows depending on how much the player can interact with the program and the program reacting to the player. Can friends join the player in the experience of the program? If so, the program has more value. Its content increases.
end excerpt

a mech would be an item, not content momo

Edited by Havok1978, 25 June 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#347 AgroAlba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 365 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Hnnghh... I am very much looking forward to purchasing this pack. 80$ is a friggin steal for what you get. ;)

#348 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

View Postryuasiu, on 25 June 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

Well lets see, There's CW that has been pushed back what? 4-5 times now with no explanation? net code is still buggy. Constantly crashes on friends PC even though the thing is a beast.

community warfare was not part of the founders package at all.

#349 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

I think game features should be associated with verbs, and content should be associated with nouns. Ability to do something? Feature. New map? Content.

Anyways, a general poke out to anyone who wants to drop by the feedback thread and join a rather large discussion. This news feed thread surly works for now, but the feedback thread will probably be the longer-lasting of the two threads over time.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 25 June 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#350 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

I think game features should be associated with verbs, and content should be associated with nouns. Ability to do something? Feature. New map? Content.

THE FORUM GODS HAVE SPOKEN, now be nice so they might give us a Bushwacker remake soon >.>

#351 Havok1978

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 371 posts
  • LocationTexaz!!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 June 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

possible, but I googled what deifines content in video games and thats what came up, google isnt flawless but i defintely think its relevant

#352 Brilig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 667 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Not a bad deal. Cant wait to see how many PPCs and Gauss rifles they can boat.

#353 Osprey Hawk

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

Where is the motherlovin' BFG? It's not a Battlemaster without one!

#354 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 25 June 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

This is where I do my happy/"I told you so" dance. CUE THE MUSIC!

Like the Legend of the Phoenix

All ends with beginnings

What keeps the planet spinning

The force from the beginning

[size=4]We've come to far, to give up who we are

[size=4]

[size=4]So let's raise the bar, and our cups to the stars!

[size=4]

Man you are so wrong about IGP/PGI in reference to image rights.

MS sold the license to the video game versions (read as digital) to IGP. All images can be used its common knowledge. Catalyst has print tv movies covered and can freely use them just the same as IGP can freely use any mech aside form those that we shall not name. They are not forced to change the images of the mechs but rather made a artistic choice a while back to make them more industrial and easier to model in a game. While the mechs maintain much of its original design some things have to change to translate from 2d to 3d moving models.

I am glad they are doing this and do not see it as a money grab I see it as a hey if you are die-hard you will spend the 80 if not you may or may not buy another pack up to you.Its not founder its not a pick and choose you take the sale for what it is for the old school die-hards like myself.

To those that keep crying saying this game is broken then you are into the wrong game over all. I played TT and I had many custom mechs some were way out there some were very heat conservative other boats. Point is this game is flexible and if for some reason you think that 6 ppc stalker is OP its because you are a terrible player I could care less if you placed 1st in tournies you are still a horrible terrible player.

You must learn team work and while it can be a challenge in pugs its doable know the role you play if you are some BJ don't try and front line. If you are a Atlas don't sit on your hands be more aggressive soak that damage.,

I have such a huge mix and variety of mechs now some what you guys call cheese (even if I was running that before the FotM) some people are like HA HA what the hell are you doing in that thing and how did you get highest damage and most kills... Oh thats right I know how to play as a team and think.

So complain all you want about this game but the only people that are ruining it for you is you and those like you.
So glad I am out of the petty child elo and play with real people.

#355 The Silent Protagonist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 647 posts
  • LocationUK, Buckinghamshire

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

I broke my mouse hitting the "buy now" button so hard. I'm now navigating by keyboard. Can I has new mouse please PGI? ;)

#356 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostKyle Polulak, on 25 June 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

If I claimed those needed compliments for every day I went without them while being a machine tooling operator where customer satisfaction lies within hundreths of millimeters, oh yeah...while dealing with machinery that has errors in tenths or even full millimetres) I would have long ago killed the world in the process of acquiring them, but as you see me having posted this it must be claiming I am still here without all those needed compliments.

Went through it and got wiser ?
No ?
Ah well, since english is not my native motherlanguage I can´t really help.

With that being said and out of the way ...

WELL DONE SO FAR

Now please do us all a herculean favor and shell out those much needed advancements (Bugfixing, proper scaling of Mechs,Netcode IIC,Knockdown, DX11 along with the sassy G-FX this game deserves,UI2.0 and CW to only name a FEW) of this potentially good game simply because if you guys would be indeed so kind, it would be terrifyingly appreciated in an order you guys would not believe possible.

Grumpy GrammarFascist signing off heartlessly as ever

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 25 June 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#357 Damian Frost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 121 posts
  • Location....is key to business success

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostAttackgypsy, on 25 June 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Let people choose which of the 4 they're getting.

I can't afford 80 bucks, and I have no interest in the Locust or the Shadow Hawk. I do have interest in the T-Bole and the B-Mer. 40 bucks, I can afford.

same here, I can't afford to drop 80 bucks on this to get two mechs (Locust and Shadowhawk) that will basically not get used in my Mechlab. But the 40 buck package I'll be more than happy to drop into it to get the Thunderbolt and Battlemaster, if we could choose which ones we could get.

On the lighter side, I think this is one of the best promos I've seen for a game in a while. Makes me wish I would have bought into the founder's program when I first learned of MWO.

#358 DireWolf307

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives, St. Ives Compact

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostSidra, on 25 June 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

THE FORUM GODS HAVE SPOKEN, now be nice so they might give us a Bushwacker remake soon >.>

Still have 3 years for that, by my count.

#359 Kabaluk

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

And Dx11 and collisions and balance....

And community warfare and .....

Should I go on?

How much will that cost me?

Edited by Kabaluk, 25 June 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#360 Joker Two

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

This sale looks really enticing, but I am reserving judgment (and payment) until details about game features start coming out. This is a cool surprise to log in to after four days without power, but the inability to choose the chassis you get is a little wonky.

I think this game has a lot of potential, and it's probably my favorite game to play right now, but it isn't where I expected it to be. I'm not unhappy with the game, but I'm not convinced either, at least not enough for another large package.

Convince me in the next couple weeks that alpha convergence (not heat, that only affects the most extreme designs) is being fixed and that community warfare will be all we hoped it would be. Surprises are kinda fun, but I need to be convinced with details about plans for game balance, CW, lobbies, and the Clan Invasion before I spend that kind of money.

I WANT you to convince me.

Edited by Joker Two, 25 June 2013 - 03:10 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users