#481 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostGrandKlaive, on 25 June 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

I like the idea of the package mechs is great. The idea of a tag like the one given to the Founders should not be done, just the paint job and maybe an insignia on the mech. I am disappointed in the assigning of mechs to the tiers, and not being able to pick your mech at the tier level you purchase. I am also upset at the fact that they are getting the mech plus the 2 variants of the mech with them. That is more than the Founder's pack included, and the pricing on those were a lot more. I understand that you are raising funds for the game, but you are also trying to appease all the people that complained in the forums that they were unable to get the Founder's packages. And if you look at it truthfully you are giving the complainers more than the believers who invested with the Founder's packages.

Founders package got more than just mechs though. It was a different sale where we got MC instead of mechs, and personally I'd pay an extra $40 bucks if they tagged on 20000 more MC to match the price of the founders legendary... but oh well. I've been tihnking that the MC from founders is a better deal than the other mechs you get because I'm not going to elite most of them for a real long time, and could use MC instead. But oh well. The extra mechs help save C-bills, and will keep my MC pool full for something else, like camo, or cockpit stuff.

#482 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 25 June 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

Posted ImageMechbays are supplied for your new mechs.

losing count of how many people keep asking this same question,so here is a repost just to clarify.... ;)

On a side note, i will be asking the devs this week if founders will be getting a unique tag or be able to display both!! I for one want the world to know how much of a big fat whale i am. :rolleyes:

#483 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 25 June 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

losing count of how many people keep asking this same question,so here is a repost just to clarify.... ;)

On a side note, i will be asking the devs this week if founders will be getting a unique tag or be able to display both!! I for one want the world to know how much of a big fat whale i am. :rolleyes:

Hah my understanding was that it's either one or the other, not both. I'd like to show both if i could lol. Kinda like badges on a military jacket. Just rackin' em up!

Edit:
I'm going by how they worded their own question

Q: If I am also a Founder, can I choose between my founders forum badge and Project Phoenix forum badge?
A: Yes,

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 25 June 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#484 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

Wow mechs look cool. Too bad the game is just not fun to play anymore or I may get it.

Humorously as I post this, there are
27 Legendary Founders
30 Elite Founders
0 Veteran Founders
0 Normal Players
reading this.

Wonder why?

Edited by ICEFANG13, 25 June 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#485 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 25 June 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Hah my understanding was that it's either one or the other, not both. I'd like to show both if i could lol. Kinda like badges on a military jacket. Just rackin' em up!

Same, hence why asking the question, i want to see if they will consider updating the display in anyway so you can display both... Since i paid money for both packages i believe in principle you should be able to continue to display both. If you cant display your founders with the new logo, what is the point of having the founders logo?

And your right - it is like a military jacket!! :rolleyes:

Same should apply to the challenges ;)

#486 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostICEFANG13, on 25 June 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Wow mechs look cool. Too bad the game is just not fun to play anymore or I may get it.

27 Legendary Founders
30 Elite Founders
0 Veteran Founders
0 Normal Players
reading this.

Wonder why?

I got a few verterans and 32 normal players.... I think you need to increase your refresh rate and take more than one count ;)

#487 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 25 June 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

I got a few verterans and 32 normal players.... I think you need to increase your refresh rate and take more than one count ;)

'Ups' you're right. I never noticed how similar elite founders and normal players are. They are almost the same color.

Actually I'm not sure. Main page they are so different, this page, some of them look a slightly lighter orange color.

Edited by ICEFANG13, 25 June 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#488 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

View PostICEFANG13, on 25 June 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

27 Legendary Founders
30 Elite Founders
0 Veteran Founders
0 Normal Players
reading this.

Wonder why?

Because the 2,000 plus players were on 8 hours ago when this was first detailed.

#489 Kamatayan

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Just more money grabs.

#490 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 June 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

so, just trying to see if I got this right, the Overlord, I get the 4 Phoenix Mechs, AND the 8 other variants? Plus the Premium Time?

Plus the twelve mechbays, just hope I can sell unwanted standard variants to keep the mechbay slot for something else, especially the locust can't see me keeping all 3.

#491 nksharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

Still no clan mechs even, kind of disappointed. Funny enough how these packages look better than the founders ones since they come with base variants as well, PGI must really be hurting for cash.

#492 john shadow

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 23 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

ok looks cool and all but my cash is staying in my pocket. The game still has a lot of bugs map flicker missing grifix lag and my weapons only do haff damage I tested it a lot. And the bugs are from when the game started

#493 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

View PostICEFANG13, on 25 June 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

'Ups' you're right. I never noticed how similar elite founders and normal players are. They are almost the same color.

No worries lol. I got the same problem with my monitor at work (shhhhh) it shows them as the same colour. But mine at home is pretty obvious which is which- one looks like a deep crap coloured brown, and the other is like a bright orange.

#494 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

*gasp*

Battlemaster!

Well, this looks like an offer I can't refuse.

[edit] Actually, I have a question: it says I could choose "any 4" of the faction medallions. Does this also mean I could choose four times the same one? Being a good little samurai, I don't intend to betray House Kurita, and given that switching 'Mechs means losing out on cockpit items installed in a previous one, it would save a bit of time if I'd slot "copies" of the medallion in any 'Mech I intend to pilot.

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 25 June 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#495 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostKamatayan, on 25 June 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

Just more money grabs.

More like... "value giving"

View Postjohn shadow, on 25 June 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

ok looks cool and all but my cash is staying in my pocket. The game still has a lot of bugs map flicker missing grifix lag and my weapons only do haff damage I tested it a lot. And the bugs are from when the game started

Buy the package! Help them out to keep going : D

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 25 June 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#496 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 25 June 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

More like... "value giving"

Buy the package! Help them out to keep going : D

I would really consider it a lot more if 3rd person wasn't coming to be honest. I can't trust anything they say anymore.

#497 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 25 June 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

The Project Phoenix Technical Readout Locust looked fine to me, that one picture (concept? or model?) looks like regurgitated Jenner to be honest:

Posted Image

Most of the other outlines look closer to the originals. The Battlemaster I assume will have a Lego cockpit, instead of the classic curvy, sexy Battlemaster cockpit.

If PGI promises better balance, then maybe I'll give them money. 3 of those Mechs come stock with Machine Guns, and if PGI can't make them useful redesigns of MG's, then I will be very disappointed.

The picture isn't the only image of the original Project Phoenix Locust. In fact, I got lots of plastic mechs that look exactly like that --- the mech you see there comes from the Mechwarrior Dark Age collectible series.

Posted Image

#498 nksharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

View PostICEFANG13, on 25 June 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

I would really consider it a lot more if 3rd person wasn't coming to be honest. I can't trust anything they say anymore.

I can't even believe they are doing third person view either. I thought enough people complained about that initially and made them discard that whole notion. Now I come back after someone told me about this to see they are basically doing another founders program (only we get shafted with worse items for helping development first essentially) and the whole game seems to be going downhill.

I use to play a light mech exclusively and after a while of just ravens running the game it got extremely boring with ssrm spam making every light pilot basically identical (ie ; no skill required). Doesn't look like the game is going to get a whole lot better, guess I will check back in another few months to see if clan mechs ever even make an arrival (which I highly doubt now).

#499 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Sucked that $80 outta my bank account just like that. ;)
I been playing Thunderbolt's, Shadow Hawks and Battlemasters since 85' and they are 3 of my all time favorite chassis. This is a home run PGI. I drool at the thought of the rest of the unseen. Well done. Now get back to fixing all the bugs and the matchmaker fiasco and we can call it all good.

#500 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostICEFANG13, on 25 June 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Just remember, they said they'll NEVER sell these mechs again! And they'll NEVER have 3rd person view... or COOLANT....*hehhehehe*

lol. I think that's becoming an inside joke for this forum...
Anyways. I can't really trust them either with what they're saying, but I mean I can't really blame them. A small-ish company that tries to start off having a strict black and white vision for the game starts to feel the hurt when their player base is small and it's a game that relies on having as many people playing as possible. So it's kind of understandable to think that they said "Oh.. wel.. Hmm.. I think we're being too specific and will need to stretch the elastic on a few things..."
The core game is still fun, and how they do CW is going to be the big thing for me. Shooting mechs is always going to be fun regardless, and more types at my disposable just helps me with the replayability of the game, and, it also helps PGI out to keep Alex, and Kyle, and all the other awesome people making the game good employed.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users