Project Phoenix Leaked

1715 replies to this topic

#501 RGoulet

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

New mechs: cool
Maybe you fire some mech design team and hire more network coders?

How about working hit detection in your fps?

Less models more function n maps = profit

Won't spend another dime till meta game or a working ui

Edited by RGoulet, 25 June 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#502 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

well i was going to break out my beating a dead horse meme when i seen this but i don't have to now...

so i'll post this one instead...

Posted Image

PGI where is my Mauler, King Crab and Champion! ;)

#503 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

View Postnksharp, on 25 June 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

I will check back in another few months to see if clan mechs ever even make an arrival (which I highly doubt now).
They mentioned within 6 months after launch. (launch is Sept 21st.)

#504 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostArch Liche, on 25 June 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

There are plenty of mechs I would love to see introduced. I am very glad that they chose some iconic ones. I would like to see a panther, wolverine, guillotine and zeus in the future. Great job all!
Whilst there are some iconic mechs I really do love and want to see in the game (Marauder, Warhammer, Zeus), there are others already in the game (Awesome, Hunchback, Raven), plus looking forward to the ones coming (Locust, Battlemaster, Victor) but there are those mechs that are rarely seen in games that I really like and would love to see (Hammer, Thug, Grand Titan) within this early timeline too.

#505 Mech79

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 152 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 25 June 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

WAIT ONE DAMN SECOND: wheres the warhammer? O.O

considering it was in the original trailer, I would think it would be right up front with the earliest redesigns.

The trailer was for Mechwarrior 5 not MWO. When that mech appeared in the trailer in caused a lawsuit from harmony gold to microsoft and the makers of the game that lasted so long Microsoft decided to stop the making of the game. You will never see the Warhammer or Marauder in this game unless MWO makes a huge amount of money to pay off Harmony Gold and that will never happen.

#506 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

As an aside, although it's hard to tell from the image on the front-page because it's reflected, the Locust's leg says "Swarm and Cozy"

Cute.

Edit Note:

Also, this Locust appears to be from the 3rd Fusiliers of Oriente, based on the unit insignia.

Edited by InRev, 25 June 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#507 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostBlackDrakon, on 25 June 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

I'm not spending a cent in the game until I get more info about CW and they fix the balance problems. It feels like you are trying to get our money again without delivering Community Warfare which is the main reason I'm here. BTW GIVE US BACK THE SRMS!!!

I wont be spending one red cent either, not until you buff the SRMs and give me hard facts on UI 2.0 and CW.
We want our SRMs back PGI.....

http://mwomercs.com/...out-srm-damage/

Edited by Xie Belvoule, 25 June 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#508 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

Hey... if they're bringing back the Battlemaster, does that mean they're going to make the Command Console do something?

#509 Lightning Kurita

• PipPip
  • The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

I dont know why ppl are complaining .. this is a free2play game .. and they need money from somewhere .. this community isnt that big as lol, that is living from skins and things like that ..

If u dont want it .. dont buy it.
Free2play games need to live from somewhat. and they cant get new things in this game without money :rolleyes: so stop qq please ;)

#510 Valdemaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Yeah, I'm holding off until 1) I see more detailed stats on them, 2) hoping they change it so you select which mech you want (although not very likely I can hope), and 3) seeing what new content is planned for the July Creative Directors Update as well as what else will be pushed back.

I'm honestly not too keen on the locust. In comparison to the Spider 5K it's 10 tons lighter, slower (although possibly equal with max engine size?), identical weapons load out, no JJ's, no ECM, and judging by the design the arms will have no horizontal movement while the Spider does possess that ability. Why exactly do I want a gimped Spider? Maybe the other two variants of the Locust will be better but I don't see this one doing well at all.

#511 Zanathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

Many have said it before but if they have another package around the $40 mark for heavies/assaults instead of the lights/mediums I would consider it. Pre-dominately a heavy pilot and rather not have to dish out $60+ to get a light that I won't use.

#512 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostLightning Kurita, on 25 June 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

I dont know why ppl are complaining .. this is a free2play game .. and they need money from somewhere .. this community isnt that big as lol, that is living from skins and things like that ..

If u dont want it .. dont buy it.
Free2play games need to live from somewhat. and they cant get new things in this game without money :rolleyes: so stop qq please ;)

Don't worry, a bunch of the founders enjoyed getting ****** in the *** so much the first time they will happily bend over and take it in the rear a second time. You'll get your money from these rubes, don't you worry Kurita.

#513 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

Getting the Unseen in the game as Reseen is awesome, but I gotta say I'm in the 'can't trust PGI to keep its promises crowd'. Hope the sale goes well for them, I won't be buying.

#514 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

So, I got home to see the Project Phoenix.... yea I totally didn't see this coming.

I'm torn. On one hand it's an amazing deal. On the other it's a shameless cash grab. I mean we gave you $5 million dollars with the Founders package and what do we have? We've got 2 game modes (+1 since the founders program), 10 maps (+5-6 since founders) and 17 mechs (+8 from founders). Which to me isn't $5 million dollars worth of content.

I am also disturbed by the blatant monetization of the beta. What the game needs is more maps and more game modes apart from community warfare which really needs to start being implemented soon. I also strongly think you (the devs) need to rethink your position changes on 3PV and Cooling. You (the devs) also seriously need to work to balance the meta. Right now with how bad the meta is (convergence high alpha) it makes a large part of the MGA just not want to do 8 mans.

But I see what the deal is worth. I'll wait till all 4 mechs are revealed to make my final decision and use the extra time to think on the moral issues. I'd seriously like to see this game succeed and right now I've dropped $270 so far. I'm just not 100% sure my money is being well spent by your company.

We'll see.

Edit: Also what happened to Sarah's Jenner?

Edited by Butane9000, 25 June 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#515 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostButane9000, on 25 June 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

So, I got home to see the Project Phoenix.... yea I totally didn't see this coming.

I'm torn. On one hand it's an amazing deal. On the other it's a shameless cash grab. I mean we gave you $5 million dollars with the Founders package and what do we have? We've got 2 game modes (+1 since the founders program), 10 maps (+5-6 since founders) and 17 mechs (+8 from founders). Which to me isn't $5 million dollars worth of content.

I am also disturbed by the blatant monetization of the beta. What the game needs is more maps and more game modes apart from community warfare which really needs to start being implemented soon. I also strongly think you (the devs) need to rethink your position changes on 3PV and Cooling. You (the devs) also seriously need to work to balance the meta. Right now with how bad the meta is (convergence high alpha) it makes a large part of the MGA just not want to do 8 mans.

But I see what the deal is worth. I'll wait till all 4 mechs are revealed to make my final decision and use the extra time to think on the moral issues. I'd seriously like to see this game succeed and right now I've dropped $270 so far. I'm just not 100% sure my money is being well spent by your company.

We'll see.

Your a smart guy Butane, don't give them the money. They haven't been good stewards of the 5 million the founders gave them, why would this cash infusion be any different. Just throwing good money after bad friend.

Edited by Xie Belvoule, 25 June 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#516 Hellzero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

It's apparent that Project Phoenix is intended to cater the needs of the BT Community Veterans. I'm not surprised that (not all)newer people to BT are making a ruckus about it. If it'd be Warhammer & Marauder, I wouldn't be surprised if people would shell out even more than the 80$ for the set-up. Especially if there'd be a "special paint outfit reflecting the Project Phoenix".

- To me, Battlemaster was a nail to the coffin along with Victor: Two of my most, very favorite Assault Mechs of all time, so this is the point that I'll say as a "youngster" of 20 years in BT: Shut up and take my money!!!

As for CW, this is just a side-catering for the Veterans of the BT world. I know what they had intended with CW is somethng that isn't built in a day, so I'm going to just put my shoes on the table and wait. They didn't build EVE Online's economy and its systems in a day, and we're talking about a lot of engineering to be done to get the CW out, even should they have 250 people working on it day and night.

For the amount of people working on a project doesn't equal to the "how quickly stuff gets done", 5 million or 15 million. Hence why I'm patient in this, when apparently a lot of people are blowing their roof on this

#517 Flying Blind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 776 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

Hey a 55 ton mech with JJ and decent speed? Ok, I'll buy it.
Hey a 65 ton mech based off the old thunderbolt? Cool enough for my money.
Hmmm a locust meh, whatever, I'm sure I'll climb in the old garbage can with guns just for laughs every now and then since I get it along with my others.
I used to loves me a battlemaster and the T-bolt, and the 'Hawk but these mechs aren't them. Ok sure their load out is about right and they bear the right names but I always hated the re-seen designs. Still, if there's one thing PGI is good at it is making ugly mechs look cool so I'm gonna trust their design team to un-ugly these old favorites and with my $80 spent I look forward to cursing my new rides. I have supported this game through thick and thin and I'm not gonna stop now just because the game balance is terribad and SRMS suck and hit detection is hosed and ... and ... all the rest. They'll get it right, I still have faith in pgi for this, but I'm going to yell at them along the way just to be helpful.

#518 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostNgamok, on 25 June 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

You get everything on October 15th.

Also, everyone here can chill and see what the July Creative Director Update says.

I know the FAQ says that the Locust will be available to everyone on October 15 (with the other 'mechs being doled out in the months afterward), but where does it say that Project Phoenix purchasers get everything on the same date?

From the FAQ:

Q: When will the Standard Variants be purchasable with C-bills or MC?
A: For those who do not Buy a Project Phoenix Package - The Standard Variants release schedule is currently set as:
Oct 15, 2013: Locust
Nov 20, 2013: Shadowhawk
Dec 18, 2013: Thunderbolt
Jan 22, 2014: Battlemaster

#519 Wired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

I for one cant wait for buying into project phoenix to be used as an excuse as to why you are wrong. More ways to insult contributors!

Edited by Wired, 25 June 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#520 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostFlying Blind, on 25 June 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

Hey a 55 ton mech with JJ and decent speed? Ok, I'll buy it.
Hey a 65 ton mech based off the old thunderbolt? Cool enough for my money.
Hmmm a locust meh, whatever, I'm sure I'll climb in the old garbage can with guns just for laughs every now and then since I get it along with my others.
I used to loves me a battlemaster and the T-bolt, and the 'Hawk but these mechs aren't them. Ok sure their load out is about right and they bear the right names but I always hated the re-seen designs. Still, if there's one thing PGI is good at it is making ugly mechs look cool so I'm gonna trust their design team to un-ugly these old favorites and with my $80 spent I look forward to cursing my new rides. I have supported this game through thick and thin and I'm not gonna stop now just because the game balance is terribad and SRMS suck and hit detection is hosed and ... and ... all the rest. They'll get it right, I still have faith in pgi for this, but I'm going to yell at them along the way just to be helpful.

So you actively support them NOT fixing the problems, right makes sense.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users