#21 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

Going to buy Talon.
It's simply the best deal: 30 days worth of Premium + crappy founder mech (a founder mech non the less) + 2 STD variants with likely better hardpoints than the V1, 3 Mech Bays AND all the title/descrition forum/game goodies. For only +5$ compared to 30 days Premium.
If the variants suck you simply sell them after mastering (except the V1), re-use the parts and have fun with the free Mech Bays.

The rest of the deals (except Overlord if you REALLY swim in cash and trust that the game won't be dead by October) don't seem to be worth the cash you pay for them... after all the mechs will be released for C-Bills after a while.

Edited by Ragnar Darkmane, 25 June 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#22 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

The Locust would disappoint you like the Flea (and we have yet to get the Flea)... so "Overlord" is literally throwing away your money.

#23 Kaldor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

How much will IGP pocket this time? I was a little angry when the community found out IGP took a big chunk of the Founders cash.... :wub:

#24 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 25 June 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

The Locust would disappoint you like the Flea (and we have yet to get the Flea)... so "Overlord" is literally throwing away your money.

I don't know - 90 days premium plus all the 'mech bays/standard variants makes Overlord a solid value. It's effectively $45 or so after premium time, and that's more than reasonable.

View PostKaldor, on 25 June 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

How much will IGP pocket this time? I was a little angry when the community found out IGP took a big chunk of the Founders cash.... :wub:

You shouldn't be. The publisher fronted money to PGI to make the game in the first place, and they deserve to make their money back. IGP still directly funds PGI. This is a huge misunderstanding.

Even if IGP took 100% of the proceeds from this, the more money they make, the more likely they are to fund MW:O in the future.

Edited by Victor Morson, 25 June 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#25 WolvesX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

True: Founders money did found MWO.

Thank you Founders!

#26 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 25 June 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Yeah, yeah it would. I was like "Really? You spring this on me now right after I just bought into Star Citizen with all my spare cash?" But a month, a month means I will likely swing Overlord.

Actually, the Project doesn't have an end date, it's just the "Early Bird" 30 days bonus premium time that's only available for the first month.

And all the 12 'mech variants will eventually be available for CB, without the "Phoenix" perks.

Edited by stjobe, 25 June 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#27 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostRagnar Darkmane, on 25 June 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

The rest of the deals (except Overlord if you REALLY swim in cash and trust that the game won't be dead by October...

I remember reading something similar to this during the Founder's program, only about a year ago.

#28 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

even tho the battlemaster is my fav mech, there is no way i can justify spending even a dollar on this shitshow that they call a mechwarrior game. the damn battlemaster does make it tempting tho.

Edited by Hellcat420, 25 June 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#29 redlance

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

the founders package was a ripoff, most of my unit bought them, and we've recently been pushed out of the game because of the quality. which is terrible.

so founders 2.0?

player count is horrifically low, and they have no good way to monetize. i want to support this game but, after watching them turn the game into assault ppc heaven, i no longer have a drive to pilot a light mech. and the meta wasn't so bad when i could at least be sneaky and use my superior speed to swift around from cover to cover and use my stealth to launch hit an run attacks. it was trul;y fun and i loved it.

thanks seismic. **** PGI. you broke my heart.

no thanks, to founders package 2.0. you know the founders package money didn't even go to PGI right?? i just can't find a reason to trust these people anymore. at least not with my money.

#30 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

12 x 3600 MC Mechbays

I'm not understanding you here.
Isn't it 12x300? So the total is 3600?

#31 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

View Postzhajin, on 25 June 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

its worth it if all the variants do not suck. they already lost on the locust, 20 tons with 4 ballistics... only time will tell if the others are of any real value.

same thing happened with founders, sounded like a great deal, but with in a few months all the variants they chose where worthless. (partially due to ecm) at least with founders you got plenty of mc for future hero mechs.
Honestly those of us who are founders should know by now that the variants will be the worst of the bunch ;). That's not to say the package isn't still worth it, though.

#32 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

I'll move this thread to Upcoming Features, since it's not a discussion about GamePlay Balance.

#33 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

View Postredlance, on 25 June 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

the founders package was a ripoff, most of my unit bought them, and we've recently been pushed out of the game because of the quality. which is terrible.

so founders 2.0?

player count is horrifically low, and they have no good way to monetize. i want to support this game but, after watching them turn the game into assault ppc heaven, i no longer have a drive to pilot a light mech. and the meta wasn't so bad when i could at least be sneaky and use my superior speed to swift around from cover to cover and use my stealth to launch hit an run attacks. it was trul;y fun and i loved it.

thanks seismic. **** PGI. you broke my heart.

no thanks, to founders package 2.0. you know the founders package money didn't even go to PGI right?? i just can't find a reason to trust these people anymore. at least not with my money.

^^ Pretty much my thoughts as well.

This seems like a final cash grab as the ship is sinking. The fact that the mechs can not be selected in the same way the original founders mechs could be selected indicates a very serious balance problem. PGI seems to be pushing the "bigger is better" way of thinking in terms of mech weights which is not a good sign for current and future game balance.

Give players a choice to select their mechs and interest may be a bit higher. Looking at this deal I think I made the right decision last week to spend a bit more money on a Star Citizen ship pre-order.

Sorry PGI, no more money from me.

Edited by Zylo, 25 June 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#34 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

I think you guys may be thinking a little too deeply about this... you can't choose your mech because everyone would choose the Battlemaster and simply grind up the rest of them ;).

#35 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostSephlock, on 25 June 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

I think you guys may be thinking a little too deeply about this... you can't choose your mech because everyone would choose the Battlemaster and simply grind up the rest of them ;).

Exactly. They learned their lesson with the Founders. Too many Founder Atlas, and that was the start of "go heavy or go home".

#36 GKnightBC

• PipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 32 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

Seriously, people, for a FTP game to survive, it needs support in the form of cold, hard cash. I like the game and, as of now, I've spent $$$ to see it continue. If you think this game has bugs, you should check out 90% of the other F2P games out there! They are doing well, and I will keep supporting them. Keep up the good work, PGI et al.

#37 w0rm

• Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostGKnightBC, on 25 June 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

you should check out 90% of the other F2P games out there!

At least other F2P have content like:
-Maps
-Game modes
-Community Warfare
-Private Match Making
-Lobbies
-Multi-que
-12 vs 12

You know things we have been promised since months.

Ed.: terrible typos, shouldn't post when drunk

Edited by w0rm, 25 June 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#38 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostGKnightBC, on 25 June 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Seriously, people, for a FTP game to survive, it needs support in the form of cold, hard cash. I like the game and, as of now, I've spent $$$ to see it continue. If you think this game has bugs, you should check out 90% of the other F2P games out there! They are doing well, and I will keep supporting them. Keep up the good work, PGI et al.

it´s not about bugs... for me it´s about coolant flush and other unnecessary modules, 3rd person view, death of role warfare (as it was originally planned), generally the loss of a simulation feel and more and more steps towards arcade... there are alot of reasons that make me say "no deal", i´d probably need an hour to write it all down in detail...

i showed my support for MWO with more than the founders pack, but the last 6 month went in a direction that i didn´t spend my money for... and most of all,that makes me doubt the future content will be closer to what i expect than the rest...

they announce a 2nd founders deal (in a way) while everybody is waiting for informations about CW, Clans, new gamemodes and lots of content... they announce something that is able to create a hype around unseen mechs, right after the moods exploded over the 3rd person announcement and an absolute horrible "rock paper scissors" gameplay - with only rock and paper available... Battlemechs are not good enough of a reason anymore to throw my money out the window... i for my part am waiting for more reasons...

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 25 June 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#39 Kaldor

• 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 25 June 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

e

You shouldn't be. The publisher fronted money to PGI to make the game in the first place, and they deserve to make their money back. IGP still directly funds PGI. This is a huge misunderstanding.

Even if IGP took 100% of the proceeds from this, the more money they make, the more likely they are to fund MW:O in the future.

Actually yeah I am still. IGP took the founders cash and ran. So what, there are better ways to get venture capitol, like Kickstarter. What does IGP do for PGI that couldn't be better handled hosted say on Amazon's servers with distribution done via BitTorrent? Its definitely not their awesome customer service, great servers, or well anything.
Face reality IGP does very little to help PGI out.

#40 Rick Rawlings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 25 June 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

The employees who make mechs don't make game modes, voice chat, code things, or even plan features. They make mechs. They're 3D artists and texture artists and someone who rigs models.

They could announce 100 new mechs, but if they're still coming out at the same current pace of mech release, then it's not costing them any additional cost to just make an announcement(since the mech artists were going to be making new mechs anyway)

Yeah, but I'm not supporting them because of everything else wrong with the game. Making new mechs doesn't change my mind... see, underlining doesn...wait, I can't un-underline?!?! even the forums are still broken...

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users