What Questions Would/should You Ask Before Throwing Money At Project Phoenix?

70 replies to this topic

#61 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

View PostAdrian Steel, on 25 June 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

I stopped pulling out the carrot when the game started sliding deeper and deeper into the abyss. 10 steps back and 2 steps forward does not a good game make.

there are plenty of us who do not hate the game as thoroughly as you do. if you really believe it to be such a lost cause then leave and play something else, because you have already decided that there is nothing you can do.

#62 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

Adrian is a goodman and a chillbro but he's got his mind made up and theres nothing we can do bout it, only PGI can save him

Edited by Soy, 25 June 2013 - 11:18 PM.

#63 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 25 June 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

That's not a question.

This is a question:

Q: From all the riches you will get from your Project Phoenix Program, will you hire more game designers that will balance this game better, systematically and in a reasonably fast manner?
Or will you just spend it on other IGP projects again?

Posted Image

It's funny cause its true....

Edited by Xie Belvoule, 25 June 2013 - 11:19 PM.

#64 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

View PostSoy, on 25 June 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

Adrian is a goodman and a chillbro but he's got his mind made up and theres nothing we can do bout it, only PGI can save him

maybe, but just complaining about how horrible everything is and how nothing will ever get better doesn't help anything.

besides, on a more childish note:

he started it!

View PostAdrian Steel, on 25 June 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

For me (and many who don't bother to frequent the forums or the game anymore), they could add 100 great mechs and it still wouldn't be satisfying. Why? Because all those mechs will still be running on the same badly balanced game mechanics we currently have.

How about we do something crazy like tell them to stuff Project Phoenix back into the pantry until they eat what's already on their plate.

Zombies like you with appeasement attitudes are keeping a developer with a history of bad game decisions (and lying with a straight face to their fans) in business.

#65 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

If I Buy In, will the Community still see me as a Golden Founders Boy? or should I keep my Founders tag on so no one forgets about us... :(

P.S. And a lot of folks here need to read up on the Publisher - Developer relationship pact. Cause a lot have zero, to no clue, how it actually works and look like douches when they state that they think they do. (just a helpful hint is all)

#66 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

No doubt Maxx I like how morons didn't even notice Viterbi was the guy who posted the sale yesterday and he works for IGP not PGI.

#67 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostSoy, on 26 June 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

No doubt Maxx I like how morons didn't even notice Viterbi was the guy who posted the sale yesterday and he works for IGP not PGI.

i can't tell the difference, but i also avoid making any comments with relation to their interaction, because i don't work there and have no clue how they work together.

i use the word "developers" in a more broad scope, meaning anyone relevant to the game development on any level.

#68 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Well IGP saying "hey guise we came up with a marketing scheme" isn't really related to the actual game development at all, maybe it influences the cycle and trajectory of PGI's plans tho. I'd bet my car that IGP is behind the promotion waaay moreso than PGI..

...it kinda makes me a sad panda for about 3 secs when i consider that all PGI and IGP are trying to do is make money, and give some old school retro throwback mechs to the community that might bring some nostalgia and fluff and smile to players faces... heaven forbid, ya know... ppl literally complain about everything

Edited by Soy, 26 June 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#69 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 25 June 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Because some people bought founders packs on the assumption it meant "forever advantaged over everyone else." They don't want P2W... unless of course you paid early. Or they at least think it means they should get ongoing freebies for the life of the game, whenever anything new comes out.

I in no way mean that all founders, or even a majority, feel this way. But it's inevitable that there are some, and they will continue to pop up and gripe for as long as the game continues.

I call BS on this. i bought in because
1) I liked the mechs,
2) wanted to support the game.
3) like the idea of 30% more cbills. per match for the life of the game.
4) convergence with damage spread was sill being developed.

nothing to do with regard to pay to win or forever advantage.

now I'm presented with a new dilemma, i want the mechs but i dont have faith in PGI's track record.
it has nothing to do with any sort of advantage.

#70 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostTombstoner, on 26 June 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

I call BS on this. i bought in because
1) I liked the mechs,
2) wanted to support the game.
3) like the idea of 30% more cbills. per match for the life of the game.
4) convergence with damage spread was sill being developed.

nothing to do with regard to pay to win or forever advantage.

now I'm presented with a new dilemma, i want the mechs but i dont have faith in PGI's track record.
it has nothing to do with any sort of advantage.

Do you like bass fishing?

#71 The14th

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostAdrian Steel, on 25 June 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

For me (and many who don't bother to frequent the forums or the game anymore),

For a guy who doesn't frequent the forums you sure have a lot of posts lately...

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users