78 replies to this topic

#61 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

I thank all the people who buy the pack. It's keeping this game free for me to play and see as the days go by until there is something worth while for me to spend anymore money on.

#62 codynyc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 324 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationda Bronx

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

View Postp00k, on 29 June 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Oct 15
Sept 21

these dates have about as much meaning as
Open Beta, Summer 2012
Community Warfare, Fall 2012
Clan Invasion, Winter 2012-Spring 2013

or have we all forgotten those promises already

Havent forgotten. Thats why I paid the 120 for the founders pack . They failed to deliver.i am not giving them another red center till I see cw.

#63 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostRyvucz, on 27 June 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

CRYengine is not a friendly developer engine, most of us know this.

People love hacks and cheats, we all know this.

They have been setting up their anti-cheat/hack detecting suite.

They have been removing people and reasons, to just drop in with no armor, ammo or weapons.

They have been adding more mechs and maps. (ZOMG maps!? Yes, I still see some games with only 3 maps and they have been around 5 years).

No one ever states exactly what something will be, prior to it actually going out, as everyone will flame them for doing something different. Not everything will work as envisioned, I ASSUME, most of us know this.

They have been making strides to eliminate "lag shield" and hit detection, sure it gets bumpy once in awhile, but not nearly as bad as aiming 3 mechs ahead of your target with lasers.

The game is much more stable across the board. ( I recall having to restart the client after every 3 matches versus never, now)

To say they have not made any kind of progress is just ridiculous.

They have my support and will continue to have my support. I know they want better things, and I feel that they will do their best to have better things.

Posted Image

#64 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostXie Belvoule, on 07 July 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#65 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

"Yes, Please" and, sadly, "Good Luck With That."

#66 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 29 June 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

If the hard deadline is missed, the most responsible thing you can do is apologize and set another date (or a timeframe).

The issue is not that dates are missed... it's that PGI isn't responsive and admit to fault in a timely fashion. We can ignore all of those whines about how things don't end up on time (because poop happens), but as a responsible human being... not just a company, you have to own up to mistakes.

This is also why people like Karl Berg isn't roasted over the coals for the mistakes in the netcode (and other stuff). He tells it likes it is, apologizes, and strives to do something about it. I can't say the same for the some of the other PGI members who aren't as responsive as he is.

At this point, if they just came and leveled with us and explained the problems and delays, in "not PR legalese speak," I would at least respect that.

In a vacuum of information one is left to believe there is no information to be given.

And I refuse to further invest in this game until they at least show us what CW is going to look like.

I would even buy the Pheonix Pack and sit on it for 12 months until CW finally shows up, if that is the case, so long as I know what CW is going to be, how it is going to play.

Something, anything. Please, PGI, show us something.

#67 Qrbaza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Pfff i spent 11€ on this game just to buy hunchie, couple of mech slots and converrt XP to GXP. Other than that its not worth for me to go money blazing like lots of you guys. They made skins (colours) so expencive i rather drive rusted mech out on the field. HeroMechs are too expencive regardles they give extra c-bills. In the start you actualy payed them to make this game and all you got is some MC and skins or whatnot + neat goldy title in the forum that say you are founder. Now they comeup with new idea of cash milking tecnique for you. Extra super anime mech styles that dont even fit MW universe. Goodluck with that bros. Anyways this game have far more pay items than any other game in curent state.

#68 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostQrbaza, on 09 July 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

Pfff i spent 11€ on this game just to buy hunchie, couple of mech slots and converrt XP to GXP. Other than that its not worth for me to go money blazing like lots of you guys. They made skins (colours) so expencive i rather drive rusted mech out on the field. HeroMechs are too expencive regardles they give extra c-bills. In the start you actualy payed them to make this game and all you got is some MC and skins or whatnot + neat goldy title in the forum that say you are founder. Now they comeup with new idea of cash milking tecnique for you. Extra super anime mech styles that dont even fit MW universe. Goodluck with that bros. Anyways this game have far more pay items than any other game in curent state.

That's what's great about F2P, beggars can be choosers!

#69 the pole

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

I wish I got a refund when people asked for them during the rush to open beta and how everything was changing from the initial vision. I say no to project Phoenix, make something I want to spend money on, don't just sell me some pixels.

#70 StonedVet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

I had a long thought process going today once I saw the Victor for sale in MC only for a week. I tried to tell myself it was for those who wanted first access to a mech prior to the F2P people. I eventually came to realize its just another cash grab hidden behind the screen of early access. was a little peeved at first but then came to realize I don't really care anymore. All the hype this game had a year ago and look now its nothing but flaming and rage because dates have been pushed back and promises of a true MechWarrior game have gone down the toilet. CW is nowhere to be seen, the lack of promising content is enough to drive anyone nuts over waiting. I do not see how content is not being released on a weekly basis. I really don't. I don't want to hear "maps are costly to design" "mechs take forever to render" blah blah blah .. If this game was truly cared about by PGI and its staff then this would be a more pressing issue. When your own staff admits that this is OP and that is broken etc etc its time for a fix but hell where is it?? I am really not trying to come through as being pissed or flaming on here I am just stating what I feel are my 2 cents worth. I am growing tired of the game and I do not feel like sinking more money into MC as I do not see a product worth investing in at this time. Show me the 100 mech chassis the IS should have at this time instead of15 different mechs with 4 different variants. I will invest more into this when PGI starts to listen to the valid comments its true fanbase has instead of all the whining about 3rd person view BS etc. I hope you see this at face value and don't reply with the standard "you mad bro" crap cuz im really not, im more disappointed in a game that has been hyped up only to realize its another craphoot FPS at this time and nothing more.

#71 NeutronicalGaming

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationplotting your demise.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 29 June 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

Some people have the cheating spouse syndrome... they are promised that they won't be cheated on again, but, it happened again!

Good times.

but she reeeeally promised this time, with a shiny medal n stuff!

oh, i see...

yeah, i've been waiting just as long as anyone and now i see i didn't miss much beta either...

what's actually so hard about making a mechwarrior game anyway? why's it been a decade.. they were extremely simple previously 'sigh'

#72 Emetivore

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostBlackDrakon, on 25 June 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

sorry guys we cant deliver so we sold the project to another publisher/producer, thx for ur support....

This would be ideal.

#73 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostNeutronicalGaming, on 14 July 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

what's actually so hard about making a mechwarrior game anyway? why's it been a decade.. they were extremely simple previously 'sigh'

PGI suffers from the "need to re-invent the wheel syndrome."

I wish PainGod had been in charge of this train.

Wreck.

#74 Dreamslave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

OH Titanfall, how you look more appealing every day. I can't wait to play you.

#75 MizarPanzer

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:11 AM

View PostSteel Will, on 25 June 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Posted Image

Confirmed by Dev that it will come out Sep. 3050.

#76 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

View PostDreamslave, on 08 August 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

OH Titanfall, how you look more appealing every day. I can't wait to play you.

just another mmorpg...well have fun, i´m done with those... and btw, what´s a lootfarming mmorpg got to do with a mechshooter? is this some nice try to point a gun towards PGI with a game that´s not remotely considered a "competing product" ?

also i like how people hype and hype one game after the other based upon the same promises over and over again...what was the last one before titanfall? GW2? Firefall? don´t remember, there were so many "i´ll leave MW for that game"...

on topic:

CW will come. I want it too, but i also want it to be GREAT so the last thing i want is, that they hurry things especially in this regard. i WANT them to take their time. Information about it? oh yes, i am eagerly waiting, and it´s hard to wait. BUT they will give us infos, when they are ready for publicity. are things being delayed? yes. and this is pretty normal, ´specially for a small studio like this. but we had that topic up and down already... some people appreciate the hard work the team does, and some just want their pretty toys,like they grow upon trees.

it´s simple... play the game, or don´t. when new content comes, enjoy it,or don´t.

no company (game industry or not) will show you details about a new product before they have a very polished model for presentation. other than rough concepts you get nothing, and the rough concepts we have...

i´ll wait until they deliver...and well, if they deliver c**p, then i have a reason to bash them and being less willing to pay them for that ^^

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 10 August 2013 - 04:49 AM.

#77 Doubtful Danary

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostBlackDrakon, on 26 June 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

Im just sick at watching so many ppl already buying the program without an answer from PGI....

Paul havent updated the weapon balancing thread, and the others in front of CW are just laying up there with their mouth shut...

In my business, if I get a contract, they pay me to deliver at a day at X time X kind of product, this guys are way better than me about business; ppl is getting ripped of their money without any real information on when they will deliver a finished product.

Well if they wanna be suckers and send their money, let them. I havent spent a dime on this game in ages. Now Im happy i didnt spend it on this game knowing whole 3PV thats GOING to happen eventually, on top of all the other crap thats going on. Europa Universalis 4, Rome 2, and Saints Row 4 here i come!

#78 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:12 AM

Can I have your stuffs? So long as it doesn't smell like whiny little b*tch.....

#79 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostXie Belvoule, on 07 July 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

Leave it to a Banner Boy. Their Troll ability never disappoints. LOL ;)

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users