Read This 1St

11 replies to this topic

#1 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

ok im a brand new mechwarrior and theres info i didnt have when i started.when you downloaded the game there was a box on the left of the download page 'redeem premium time' you can click that and marks you entitled to 1 day of premium time, it isnt claimed yet, just your account is flagged.when you are in the launcher page theres a blue column that says premium and next to it a button 'activate' claim it when youre ready, best during cadet phase (wish i had)

when youre ready to try a mission i suggest doing only conquest till you know what you are doing and untill your cadet phase is over, a conquest win will give you 50k-100kish, a loss can give you 30k-50k?i did 1 assault mission by mistake and got under 3k..during cadet phase youll get 400k+ plus if your using the premium time id guess 600k+,my 10mil cadet cbills could have been 15mil if i did this.hope this helps yas

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

Indeed. If you haven't seen it yet (and assuming it still works), here is another way to get a free day of premium time. In total that should be two days.

http://mwomercs.com/pennyarcade
Someone says it doesn't work. Sorry!

Edited by Koniving, 26 June 2013 - 11:56 PM.

#3 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

Uhhh...

Ok, a few things, just so nobody reads this and is confused...

1.Good tip about the free day of premium time. It's important to note, that for the little box for the free premium day to appear you have to temporarily disable any script/ad blocking software for the page.

2. You get just as much from assault as you do from conquest. It's all dependent on how much damage you do and how many kills you get. It is impossible to get less than 25k for a round, even if you lose and do 0 damage.

3.Premium time does not stack with cadet bonus.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

The cadet bonus may not increase with premium (though I have no way of proving one way or the other as I never got anything more than a single lump sum), but with each match if your premium time is enabled all the money you ~actually~ earned, an additional 50% of that amount is then added on top of what you earned.

So if you actually earned 75,000 cbills, you'd get a total of that + 50%, giving you 112,500 cbills + your cadet bonus for that match.

#5 Free Capella

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Location'MERika

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

[color=#959595]3.Premium time does not stack with cadet bonus.
I[/color][color=#959595]'m glad I read that first. ty[/color]

#6 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

i didnt find the premium time button till after the cadet time so dont know if it stacks but figured id mention it cause i didnt see it in others posts

#7 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostDude42, on 26 June 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

...2. You get just as much from assault as you do from conquest. It's all dependent on how much damage you do and how many kills you get. It is impossible to get less than 25k for a round, even if you lose and do 0 damage...

Depends on your play style. I actually earn about 15% more CB in conquest than assault, even though I earn the same XP. *EDIT* Anndddd... it is possible to get less than 25k, if you happen to get a team kill :(

Edited by Blalok, 27 June 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#8 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostBlalok, on 27 June 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Depends on your play style. I actually earn about 15% more CB in conquest than assault, even though I earn the same XP. *EDIT* Anndddd... it is possible to get less than 25k, if you happen to get a team kill :(

Ha, I forgot about teamkills. :rolleyes:

Personally, I get more money from assault. In my mind, conquest just encourages PUG scatter. Anyway, there's nothing about the modes that lend themselves to more or less money. Kills, damage, assists, salvage, component destruction, savior, and defensive kills all still pay the same. That's why I didn't indicate a preference in my post, just that the possible rewards for both are equal. :)

#9 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostDude42, on 26 June 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

2. You get just as much from assault as you do from conquest. It's all dependent on how much damage you do and how many kills you get. It is impossible to get less than 25k for a round, even if you lose and do 0 damage.

One thing that's not 100% true about this....conquest almost always results in significant fighting. It does not end quickly via mere capping. Assault can. I win/lose probably 10% or more of matches to capping well before the battles are truly decided. After 2100+ matches, the math trends out pretty clearly that I average about 10k cbills more per match in conquest (even though my W/L ratio is currently identical in both modes) and my experience gain is slightly higher as well. I attribute that to the fact that fights almost always last to the limit (i.e. 8 kills, or 750pts earned but usually 5+ kills to one side or more by that point if not more).

I'm not the only one who's noticed this trend (quite a few in my unit and quite a few people I've discussed this with in TS have gone back to check their own statistics and seen it to be true as well). Your mileage may vary, but I don't think conquest is a bad idea, especially for brand new players. There are other reasons I'd recommend it to new players, but those are beside the issue here.

#10 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostLukoi, on 27 June 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

One thing that's not 100% true about this....conquest almost always results in significant fighting. It does not end quickly via mere capping. Assault can. I win/lose probably 10% or more of matches to capping well before the battles are truly decided. After 2100+ matches, the math trends out pretty clearly that I average about 10k cbills more per match in conquest (even though my W/L ratio is currently identical in both modes) and my experience gain is slightly higher as well. I attribute that to the fact that fights almost always last to the limit (i.e. 8 kills, or 750pts earned but usually 5+ kills to one side or more by that point if not more).

I'm not the only one who's noticed this trend (quite a few in my unit and quite a few people I've discussed this with in TS have gone back to check their own statistics and seen it to be true as well). Your mileage may vary, but I don't think conquest is a bad idea, especially for brand new players. There are other reasons I'd recommend it to new players, but those are beside the issue here.

Heh, I stopped doing conquest because it showed an average of about 8.5k more per match for me personally, after ~250 games of each, BUT, the average assault game lasted about half the time of an average conquest game. SO, my per hour was nearly 50% higher by going pure assault(nearly double that of conquest alone), even if I get slightly less per match. Never looked back. So I suppose your mileage may vary. :rolleyes:

But yea, the only point I was trying to make in my post was that you can earn just as much in either mode. The guy was saying he accidentally did assault and got 3k, which is impossible. I didn't want newbies reading this and believing that. Not recommending one over the other, just saying you can do well in both.

Also, this is a little off topic, but if 10% of your assault games end in an early cap, there's a problem somewhere. I don't know how you play, or if you PUG or group, or what type of mechs you drive, so I'll refrain from offering advice. I'll just say that not nearly as many of my assault mode games end in an early capture(at least, not for a loss, I won't shoot my own team to stop them from cap rushing, but I kinda want to)

Edited by Dude42, 27 June 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#11 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

Oh definitely, mileage may vary.

As for how I play....I pug, I four man, I play with clanmates etc. Runs the gamut really. And I keep track of my matches (little nerd statistics that even PGI isn't currently tracking) because I wondered about some "assumptions" people made about matches, match times etc.

I found that yes, 10% or more (depends on time of day/night mainly) of assault matches end in a cap rush before either team is 50% attrited more more (that's win OR loss). Whether that's a "problem" or not, is a matter of opinion, but it is what it is. People like to cap rush sometimes. More than I'd like. I like to threaten to cap to pull people back and gain a local numerical superiority in Mechs....but that's a different issue.

I found that per hour, I make more playing conquest because on average, the game durations weren't much different between a conq match fought full out and Assault matches that went to 8 (which ran counter to my expectations).

If I throw in more Assault matches or go pure assault, then yes, the edge per hour goes to Assault....because more matches get played per hour, as SOME are always quick due to caps. However, they negate the fun factor for me....and with 100M in the bank (108 actually, gained another 8mil in last two days or so of gaming), fun is more important than pure profit.

And per match profit lies in the more combat oriented mode ime, which right now is more often conq.

I do typically run "ANY" mode though, because sticking purely to one or the other can get a bid old at times.

Edited by Lukoi, 27 June 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#12 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

i dont worry about my points vs time, im new and i die early but, i get to battle and practice learning to hit and when im dead i spectate and watch more seasoned players to learn what they do.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users