#21 StoneMason

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 92 posts
  • LocationKathil

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostWales Grey, on 12 July 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

House Davion: Literally the Dark Ages in Space.

What other conclusion am I supposed to draw from a population that is 90% dirt farmers and the remaining 10% get to live in sumptuous luxury and pretend to be knights?

Capellan Confederation: Literally a giant facist work camp in space.

Sure, 20% of our population are dirt farmers with 21st Century technology, 79% are the best educated and developed in the entire Inner Sphere. Now 1% ARE rabid facists who like to play Knights in Space, you got us there. Want to find a reasonable AFFS officer at a ball? Look for the guys without capes...

#22 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

What do you want to accomplish in the Inner Sphere? You have to ask that of yourself. Asking which house is right for you is the wrong question. It's like asking which car should you get when you should be asking if you should even get a car, or why you need one.

You could be mercenary, or join the clans.

#23 pjfontillas

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 30 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostBenjamin Davion, on 10 July 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

Honestly, my rush to get much better in my personal skills and with a unit is in total preparation for CW when, if my understanding of CW is at all accurate, I expect a massive war to break out between the Federated Suns units and CapCon units. If the discussions on forums are any indication, I imagine it to be a fierce campaign indeed...

Winter is coming - I expect CW to be delayed from a summer release to near winter, also shameless GoT reference - and us 'Mech Warriors will stay in from the cold and fight a bloody war via our lostech.

#24 pjfontillas

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 30 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostMr Blonde, on 12 July 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

Better reread Davion history...I seem to recall an incident with TSM and gas...

While weapons that use gas are generally considered biological weapons does it count if that gas was specifically designed for 'Mechs and as a side-effect was a minor irritant to biological hosts?

#25 Redwood Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostHebdomas, on 01 July 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Hey! Get it right! We're generic white knights with an autocannon fetish... IN SPACE. B)

And we invented Double Heat Sinks...the rest of you had to steal them from us!

#26 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Introduced in 2567 by the Terran Hegemony[3], double heat sinks were commonly available during the Star League era but became Lostech over the course of the Succession Wars. Although the technology was essentially extinct after 2865[3] and standard (single) heat sinks became the norm as they were the only ones still available, double heat sinks remained in use in some individual cases.

By the early 31st century, double heat sink technology was on the verge of rediscovery. The Federated Suns had a double heat sink project in its prototype stages by 3022 with individual samples built into operative BattleMechs, and in 3030, towards the end of the Fourth Succession War, the Capellan Confederation already fielded their BJ-3 Blackjack variant[4], the first regular 'Mech design sporting double heat sinks in decades if not centuries. (Although it is not generally known, the Confederation did not develop double heat sinks themselves; the Federated Suns had prototypes manufactured in the Lyran Commonwealth and a Capellan agent was able to siphon a share of the production off to the Confederation.[5])

Following the discovery of the Helm Memory Core and the subsequent dissemination of lost Star League knowledge throughout the Inner Sphere in 3028, double heat sinks gradually became a staple of 'Mech construction again and were extensively used in retrofits and new designs. The NAIS had double heat sinks ready for serial production in 3041.

#27 Further

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

Im just posting in here because I saw Dal post in here in main screen. I have foundout Dal is a giant nerd.

A Haiku:

By a Happenstance
Dal is found to be a nerd
All right in my book

#28 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

since when haven't i been a nerd? i am in more than one RP in fan fiction.

#29 Redwood Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

Well they must have rewritten the history a lot since the early days...Double heat sinks were house Davion inventions early on.

#30 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Well honor comes in many flavors. And disgrace has just as many known as dishonor.

1.) Warriors( Soldiers) Honor is face your enemy bravely in combat no matter the disadvantage and if you die in combat you will die a warriors death which is very honorable. To flee is to bring dishonor cause normally warriors do not flee from combat they alway fight to the death.

2.) Commanders Honor is to make sure his/her troops,ships,Etc defeat the enemy with the least amount of casualties a commander's dishonor comes when he/she commands bad commands and gets his/her units killed needlessly.

These are examples how honor can be different from each other.

#31 Zakie Chan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

"The Federated Suns intentionally leaked early research results regarding TSM to the Capellan Confederation during the Fourth Succession War. The Capellans were quick to copy the technology and the 'Mechs of Warrior House Imarra, who guarded the Capellan capital at Sian were equipped with TSM first. Unbeknownst to them was the fact that this early version of the improved myomer reacted violently when exposed to a certain gaseous agent. The Kathil Uhlans took advantage of this to during the extraction raid to Sian for double-agent Justin Xiang Allard at the end of the war, by fogging the entire area with the green gas; this led to violent explosions whenever the armor was breached on a defending Imarra 'Mech, and rendered them incapable to mount an effective defense."

Davion's Win, Yen lo Wang saves the day, and Liaos are bested yet again

Ps triple strength myomers are the bees knees

Edited by Zakie Chan, 13 August 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#32 DreadDjinn

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostWales Grey, on 12 July 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

House Davion: Literally the Dark Ages in Space.

What other conclusion am I supposed to draw from a population that is 90% dirt farmers and the remaining 10% get to live in sumptuous luxury and pretend to be knights?

And Liao is 99% dirt farmers and 1% insane ruling class?

#33 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

This seems to be a Davion vs Liao thread right now...

Davions like their honor and cavalry boots with their dress uniforms.

Liao likes to ambush these space knights with inferno SRM armed infantry and Urbanmechs.

Marik war profiteers, and keeps the war economy flowing with their own constant civil wars when Liao isn't fighting.

Kurita likes Shinto and bright red mechs with large center torsos. Im looking at you Jenner\Kintaro\Dragon

House Steiner, we like money, capitalism, industrialization, and giant sexy assault mechs.

All will bow before the almighty Kroner, and if you don't we'll just manufacture enough Zeus' and Highlanders to make you

House Steiner buries you all under mountains of Kroner and Cbills

#34 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

you build like 3-4 highlanders a year. start building.
also note that house kurita has way more highlanders than you. (and more atlases too)

View PostZakie Chan, on 13 August 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

"The Federated Suns intentionally leaked early research results regarding TSM to the Capellan Confederation during the Fourth Succession War. The Capellans were quick to copy the technology and the 'Mechs of Warrior House Imarra, who guarded the Capellan capital at Sian were equipped with TSM first. Unbeknownst to them was the fact that this early version of the improved myomer reacted violently when exposed to a certain gaseous agent. The Kathil Uhlans took advantage of this to during the extraction raid to Sian for double-agent Justin Xiang Allard at the end of the war, by fogging the entire area with the green gas; this led to violent explosions whenever the armor was breached on a defending Imarra 'Mech, and rendered them incapable to mount an effective defense."

Davion's Win, Yen lo Wang saves the day, and Liaos are bested yet again

Ps triple strength myomers are the bees knees

guess who invented the first fully functional TSM (aka not burny in gas?) House Liao. so suck it, you tricked us that once, but we took your tech and perfected it before you.

Edited by dal10, 15 August 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#35 Zakie Chan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

Even when you win you lose... cause ylw gets tsm... which makes it more OP.

Smallest house has the smallest voice... shhh

#36 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostZakie Chan, on 15 August 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Even when you win you lose... cause ylw gets tsm... which makes it more OP.

Smallest house has the smallest voice... shhh

depends on which section of bt lore you talk about. you guys lose your plot armor starting in a few years.
and ylw's TSM would not stand out from any other cent with TSM. it doesn't carry a melee weapon anymore.

#37 Zakie Chan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

View Postdal10, on 15 August 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

depends on which section of bt lore you talk about. you guys lose your plot armor starting in a few years. and ylw's TSM would not stand out from any other cent with TSM. it doesn't carry a melee weapon anymore.

Best part about YLW is the meat behind the seat! Dont try to link mwo with battletech... it doesnt match up...

#38 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

you kai "mary-sue (also part capellan)" allard-liao?

also i was talking the mech in general, not mwo or who the pilot is.

Edited by dal10, 15 August 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#39 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

Sometimes those who shout the loudest are a quiet whisper and those who whisper is shouting. So sometimes you can't overlook the small house.

#40 Zakie Chan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostZarla, on 15 August 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

Sometimes those who shout the loudest are a quiet whisper and those who whisper is shouting. So sometimes you can't overlook the small house.

Sun tzu? ... Bless you, thats a terrible sneeze

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users