Atlas Hero Mech Suggestion

2 replies to this topic

#1 Rashkae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Was thinking (yes, I know, bad habit) about what a cool (even if non-canon) Atlas Hero mech would be.

And I was thinking something like calling it "Undertaker", get a cool-as-hell black/gray/white paintscheme on it (maybe a skull pattern line the Punisher from marvel comics), with a symmetrical loadout like this:

Each arm: 1 energy
Each side torso: 1 missile, 1 ballistic
CT: Nothing/2 energy?

Of course ECM enabled.

Aaaah.... *dream on*

Edited by Rashkae, 27 June 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#2 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

There is an existing custom Atlas that fits the bill very well with 3 energy hardpoints in each arm.

AS7-D Atlas Danielle - Piloted by Wolf's Dragoons Captain Danielle Rondema, this modified Atlas carried three medium lasers in each arm, trading away the SRM rack to do so. The additional heat was dissipated by two additional heat sinks that replaced the rear-firing medium lasers. BV (2.0) = 1,976[31]

#3 Rashkae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostAntharPrime, on 27 June 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

There is an existing custom Atlas that fits the bill very well with 3 energy hardpoints in each arm.

View PostAntharPrime, on 27 June 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

That would be an option as well, though the loadout and name are very different from what I had in mind... I don't know if I could pilot an Atlas called "Danielle". :)

I'd think the Jedra would be a closer fit:
  • AS7-K2 Atlas Jedra - Used by Lord Jedra Kean of Vega this variant of the Atlas removed the standard weaponry. Each arm carried a Light Gauss Rifle. The right and left torsos each carried a pair of ER Medium Lasers and a single SRM 4. The center torso carried a single ER Medium Laser. The armor protection, heat sinks, and ground performance remained identical to a standard AS7-K2. BV (2.0) = 1,971[33]

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users