If Srm Would Do 2.5 Dmg, You Wouldn't Complain About Ppc Boating.

94 replies to this topic

#1 WolvesX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

The truth.

#2 TheMightyWashburn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 281 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

Perhaps not. But we would complain about 90 damage splat cats. Are you ******** or something?

Why would it be beneficial to trade 40 alpha boomjags or 60 alpha PPC boats for 90 alpha splat cats?

I think the damage should be increased but not this much.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

People will be complaining about Splatcats and brawler Stalkers. That reminds me, Stalkers are currently the best PPC boats.

Nerf Stalkers cause they boat too effectively.

Edited by El Bandito, 07 June 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#4 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

My PPC stalker runs SRM's as close range backup weapons.

So, lolz. Your suggestion would make my Stalker even stronger.

#5 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

Poor Wolves, does nothing in this game make you happy? All of your posts are angsty.

#6 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Not the truth.

#7 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 07 June 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

Poor Wolves, does nothing in this game make you happy? All of your posts are angsty.

It's because he's a medium pilot (like myself) and he's tired of half of the mediums being complete garbage.

#8 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

I'd like to see how they do at 2.0, but not 2.5, no thanks. I think 1.5 is about right for fast recycling missiles but we should test something near 2.0 to get a feel.

#9 WolvesX

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 07 June 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

The point is, I love this game. I want to contribute to improve it.

#10 Philadelphia Collins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 114 posts
  • LocationCookin some dirty burgers

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

Have you forgotten what splatcat warrior online was like? I can rebuild mine and remind you if you would like. I didn't think anyone wanted to go back to that

#11 Lootee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

I fail to see how trading 40, 45, 60 pts of pin point dmg to 1 location for 90 pts of dmg to a single component is any real improvement.

#12 Lefty Lucy

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

The reason why splat cats were so crazy was because of SRM pattern and how splash damage artificially multiplied damage dealt per missile. I think 2.5/missile would be pretty reasonable with the current 5 cm blast radius and SRM pattern.

#13 WolvesX

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 07 June 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

The reason why splat cats were so crazy was because of SRM pattern and how splash damage artificially multiplied damage dealt per missile. I think 2.5/missile would be pretty reasonable with the current 5 cm blast radius and SRM pattern.

Yup.

#14 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

WolvesX is correct. If SRM's were 2.5 damage I most certainly wouldn't be complaining about PPC's. I don't think that creating a new weapon to complain about is the right direction to go, however :)

SRM's need a damage buff - I don't think anyone disagrees with that (well, maybe the Dev's for some reason). 2.5 is a bit too high though, as we've seen in the past. Would 2 damage be better? Would it still be too strong? Hell if I know. But they do need a buff.

PGI needs to give SRM's the MG treatment, and start buffing them by 0.1 or 0.2 damage a patch until they're at a sweet spot. I have no idea why they haven't already been doing this.

#15 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

2.5 damage SRMs would be a huge step in the right direction

my fast striker builds would be able to hurt the enemy after sneaking up close through 60pt alphas and seismic radar

#16 Innocent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Are you suggesting all short range missiles get that kind of damage increase? SRM might be fine at 1.5 or 1.75 but SSRM with much more damage would not work. They need a solution to buff SRM (reduce spread) and balance SSRM for future SSRM 4 and 6 to make it into the game.

I believe they should change SSRM to only track a target if the pilot can keep the reticle on it. You should not be able to fire them at a target that is 90 degrees off to the side of the target reticle just because target decay means you still have a lock.

#17 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

As noted. Not so sure a 90pt Alpha, on a Mech that can carry Artemis, Seismic and run 68.5kph, when tweaked, (that would be ALL A1's in existence today) would be all that helpful. :)

#18 Slab Squathrust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA or Billings, MT

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostWeaselball, on 07 June 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

PGI needs to give SRM's the MG treatment, and start buffing them by 0.1 or 0.2 damage a patch until they're at a sweet spot. I have no idea why they haven't already been doing this.

I totally agree with this. Slowly bump the damage per missile up until we see the return of splat cats, but then don't overreact. Back it off a bit and it should be good. We want them good enough that they are a viable alternative to streaks (broken as hell IMO) and lrms (pretty good right now maybe a slight buff if anything and less ct homing), but doesn't promote the return of the boaters.

#19 Blackadder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

yes, lets make srms 3.5, that way we can all complain about srm boats, instead of ppc boats. personally i feel ER LL should only take up 1 crit slot, and weigh 3 tons with a duration of .5 and heat of 7.

#20 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

I don't think that we need to jump straight to 2.5 per missile. PGI, at least from the way it looks, is trying to make incremental changes to SRMs to keep from the horror that was the original iteration. I don't have any issue with 2.0 but I'd like to know that they've got the flight pattern, splash, scatter, hit locations, etc fixed before they just bump up the damage. Granted, I understand that a lot of people pilot mechs upon which the SRM is their heavy hitter. But increasing damage is easy while fixing the rest of the issues is not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users