Getting Drunk, Server Size and other ?'s

12 replies to this topic

#1 wpmaura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:02 AM

So was curious what are we going to see when not fighting? I know there is no first person view, but do we just see a static screen with our mechs in it that we custumize, is there a bar where we pick up missions, command centre etc. I know its small stuff but Curious.

Also are fights going to be set up like sc2, where you get your warparty choose your target and then wait for a correspning attachement of lances to engaage you? or more like a normal mmorpg where if no one is defending you take it over?

is there PVE, or for that matter NPC controlled vehicles, if our mission is to defend a base, will that base have some support already.

I want my warhammer back. I know pipe dream.

please dont go p2p it always turns into p2w always. just charge like .25c an hour to play and have it act like a bank. so if I get $20 I would always till the end of time have that much credit until I used it up. and do minimum $5 purchases.

#2 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

This post caught my eye with "getting drunk," and after that I wasn't all that interested.

Edited by Captain Fabulous, 09 November 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#3 TheRulesLawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

This thread needs more getting drunk.

#4 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

I'm hoping there will be some ridiculous server where the drunk pilots can go and just mess around.

#5 Everett

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

View PostCaptain Fabulous, on 09 November 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

I'm hoping there will be some ridiculous server where the drunk pilots can go and just mess around.

Hussar Happy Hour! Where the most difficult thing is not swerving off of a cliff at 150 km/h!

#6 CobraFive

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

View Postwpmaura, on 09 November 2011 - 05:02 AM, said:

So was curious what are we going to see when not fighting? I know there is no first person view, but do we just see a static screen with our mechs in it that we custumize, is there a bar where we pick up missions, command centre etc. I know its small stuff but Curious.

Also are fights going to be set up like sc2, where you get your warparty choose your target and then wait for a correspning attachement of lances to engaage you? or more like a normal mmorpg where if no one is defending you take it over?

is there PVE, or for that matter NPC controlled vehicles, if our mission is to defend a base, will that base have some support already.

I want my warhammer back. I know pipe dream.

There is no PvE at launch, although, they said they do want to bring in co-op play at some time in the future.

As for NPC vehicles, they hinted at directing air strikes and fire support from a command 'mech in one of their posts, so I guess we'll see. At the same time though, they said they are not including a combined arms focus, so I'm guessing these vehicles will be included just as bombs raining from the sky, and not actual units.

As for what we see when we're not fighting... I'm gonna guess outside of combat its all menus. A mech lab, a star map, and some sort of matchmacker interface... similar to World of Tanks.

please dont go p2p it always turns into p2w always. just charge like .25c an hour to play and have it act like a bank. so if I get $20 I would always till the end of time have that much credit until I used it up. and do minimum $5 purchases.

I absolutely hate the system of buying play time. If they must go this route, at least give a great deal of time for free every day like Spiral Knights. Spiral Knights gives enough free energy every day to do pretty much everything you'd want to do in one sitting.

P2P is fine by me, there's a lot of failures but there's also a lot of successes, on how not to be P2W.

Edited by cobrafive, 09 November 2011 - 03:48 PM.

#7 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

View PostEverett, on 09 November 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

Hussar Happy Hour! Where the most difficult thing is not swerving off of a cliff at 150 km/h!

I am definitely okay with this! My corp is going to be trained at piloting drunk. I'll bring in Lucky (my Hussar who always manages to get blown up by friendly artillery) to run around.

#8 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

A training/target range area would be nice so units could get together in a mission enviroment to test out their mechs.

#9 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

View PostCaptain Fabulous, on 09 November 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

Captain Fabulous is a sweet name...i wish i thought of that.

#10 Tsen Shang

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 299 posts
  • LocationBrentwood, Tennessee

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

View PostEverett, on 09 November 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

Hahaha YES

#11 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

The Clan "Gung Ho Herp Derps" (see the thread "Clans, like raisins, ruin everything") is to specialize in drunk mech races.

View PostTheForce, on 09 November 2011 - 04:10 PM, said:

Captain Fabulous is a sweet name...i wish i thought of that.

And why thank you.

#12 Cake Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 500 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHipsterland, USA

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

View Postwpmaura, on 09 November 2011 - 05:02 AM, said:

View Postcobrafive, on 09 November 2011 - 03:47 PM, said:

I absolutely hate the system of buying play time. If they must go this route, at least give a great deal of time for free every day like Spiral Knights. Spiral Knights gives enough free energy every day to do pretty much everything you'd want to do in one sitting.

P2P is fine by me, there's a lot of failures but there's also a lot of successes, on how not to be P2W.

This video talks about how it can be done right. If you even give half a ****, spare ten minutes to watch it. It's done by people currently working in the video game industry.

#13 CobraFive

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

View PostCake Bandit, on 09 November 2011 - 06:30 PM, said:

This video talks about how it can be done right. If you even give half a ****, spare ten minutes to watch it. It's done by people currently working in the video game industry.

Yeah, I've seen it. My girlfriend is a huge devotee of their show, donated for their artist's charity, etc...

I suppose I should say, I've hated this system in the past. I guess if they do it well anything can work.

And I mean, like I said, I'm a huge spiral knights player, and they essentially charge for game time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users