Artemis Iv Fcs On My Atlas?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Damascas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 401 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

Okay, so I am running my Founder's Atlas-D for the most part have have generally had great success with it but am thinking of tweaking the current build a little and one thing I am thinking of junking is the Artemis system on my LRMs since a lot of engagements are happening within the 180 meter minimum range and my LRMs are largely used as IDF early in the match.

Currently I have a stock engine, endo-steel, full armor and DHS.

For armaments I have 4 MLs, 1 gauss rifle, 2 LRM 20s with Artemis IV FCS. A lot of people I have surprised when I learn of just how much firepower I have which I rather like so far but am wondering how I can up the lethality even further. So the first thing on the list of maybes is that FCS system and am wondering what people think, if it should stay or go for something like a BAP.

#2 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

I prefer to have BAP or ECM with advanced sensor, 360 target, target decay, seismic sensor.

#3 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

Artemis is pretty useful on the big LRM launchers because they fire in a big fat spread without it. I'd usually take it on 15 or 20s. Target Decay is well worth having too, you'll lose less salvoes to lost locks just before they hit.

Edit: Having said that, the Atlas only has 10 tubes anyway so it won't help as much to use Artemis.

Edited by Otto Cannon, 30 June 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#4 Damascas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 401 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

I would use ECM except I am using my Founder's Atlas-D which does not carry ECM. I am thinking of using target degradation but was not sure how much that would help. I currently use seismic sensors and increased sensor range.

#5 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

It's more likely than you think.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users