13 replies to this topic

#1 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi, I'm Stomp of the Comstar Irregulars, a fun group of dudes who are a mixed, fun bunch of questionable allegiance. I've always loved being a part of CI, because it's given me the ability to play with all kinds of people from all the Great Houses, usually of mixed allegiance Merc Corps and the like! But recently, I've felt a bit of wanderlust, and so I've decided to go on a journey throughout the Inner Sphere!

As such, I've meant to go through each of the Successor States, chronicling my journey along the way so that newer players might have a reference on who they might like to swear allegiance to, if any! So I'm creating these threads in each of the Great Houses subforums, in the hopes that each of you fine people might reach out, and help me with some basic parts of my travels, starting with some individuals who might be interested in volunteering to mentor me inside of their respective militaries, so that I might find some place to start with fighting alongside you! I'm hoping to allow two days of drops with each House, for a couple hours each day hopefully! Because I'm doing all the Houses, I'll ask for a little patience at first while I try to coordinate which days each House might be toured!

I'm also looking for any suggestions at all from the newer players of the Houses, and want to ask you what made you decide to stay and fight for your House Republic!

Thanks in advance for any help you might be, and I look forward to playing with all of you!

NOTE: I know you guys hate mercs, but I'm expecting you to overlook it in my case! Most of the Great Houses have a Teamspeak for their "unified house", but I haven't found one for the FRR so I've instead committed to playing with the Skjaldborg and the 1st Rasalhague Dragonregimente, as they're the largest that I know of. Surtr has already shown interest in this, and I'm planning on connecting with him somewhere down the line. Thanks for your time!

Edited by Stomp, 01 July 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#2 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

Well I must say your plan is ambitious, and somewhat refreshingly unorthodox.

The FRR you see here is actually mostly made up of Merc units, surprise surprise. I don't believe there's any formal House Unit like House Liao or Kurita, just the FRR Mercs are organized.

The 1st RDR and the Skjaldborg are two vastly different units, and likewise our level of interest may not be similar. I don't know what exactly our decision would be with your proposal, but you can always formally ask here.

#3 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostDamon Howe, on 01 July 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Well I must say your plan is ambitious, and somewhat refreshingly unorthodox.

The FRR you see here is actually mostly made up of Merc units, surprise surprise. I don't believe there's any formal House Unit like House Liao or Kurita, just the FRR Mercs are organized.

The 1st RDR and the Skjaldborg are two vastly different units, and likewise our level of interest may not be similar. I don't know what exactly our decision would be with your proposal, but you can always formally ask here.

Thanks, I'm not sure which part is unorthodox, but I always appreciate the help! If I need to post in the UoB for TS3 access for you guys that's fine, I'll be sure to do so! I can't wait to play with you guys. Why vastly different if I might ask?

#4 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hard to verbalize to an outsider, especially from a one-sided perspective. Lets just say we feel different, and it's a good thing; we're both space vikings. ;)

Yes you'll need to post in our forums requesting access. We've had issues in the past with public TS's and may have you get with us at a scheduled time on NGNG. That's up to the leaders though.

#5 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostDamon Howe, on 01 July 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

Hard to verbalize to an outsider, especially from a one-sided perspective. Lets just say we feel different, and it's a good thing; we're both space vikings. ;)

Yes you'll need to post in our forums requesting access. We've had issues in the past with public TS's and may have you get with us at a scheduled time on NGNG. That's up to the leaders though.

No problems, I'll probably end up doing the same for Marik's TS as well, so one more forum can't hurt haha.

#6 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

1st RDR actually uses C3 for voice comms in-game, but we've been discussing the possibility of using TeamSpeak.

If you don't mind having mead in place of sake for a while, maybe we'll get along. ;)

#7 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 01 July 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

1st RDR actually uses C3 for voice comms in-game, but we've been discussing the possibility of using TeamSpeak.

If you don't mind having mead in place of sake for a while, maybe we'll get along. :P

I'm actually not House Kurita haha, I mean aligned with them maybe at some point, but I'm in a merc corps with no real alignment, so Kurita is only for my leanings. ;) And who says no to mead? Haha

#8 Tovan Cassidine

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostStomp, on 01 July 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

I'm also looking for any suggestions at all from the newer players of the Houses, and want to ask you what made you decide to stay and fight for your House!

We don't have a "house," other than the ones where we hang our hats after a long day of stomping invaders who threaten our independence. The citizens of the FRR are adult enough to govern ourselves. We have a republic.

#9 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostTovan Cassidine, on 01 July 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

We don't have a "house," other than the ones where we hang our hats after a long day of stomping invaders who threaten our independence. The citizens of the FRR are adult enough to govern ourselves. We have a republic.

I actually meant to edit the FRR's forum thread to reflect that, but I've got six of these going at once so it sort of slipped my mind haha.

#10 Tovan Cassidine

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostStomp, on 01 July 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

I actually meant to edit the FRR's forum thread to reflect that, but I've got six of these going at once so it sort of slipped my mind haha.

It is a major point of contention and one of the top reasons I play FRR. Others here feel the same.

#11 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostTovan Cassidine, on 01 July 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

It is a major point of contention and one of the top reasons I play FRR. Others here feel the same.

Fixed the one part of the original post, thanks!

#12 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostStomp, on 01 July 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Fixed the one part of the original post, thanks!

Hey there Stomp! I need to correct Damon Howe, the 1st RDR does currently bill itself as a House affiliated unit, meaning we are part of the Kungsarmé.

Anyways, I think what you're doing is really cool and will be glad to get you acquainted with the 1st RDR, our history (both in-universe and IRL) and our disposition. We also currently have a decent sized group of new players you could tap into as well.

Send me a PM and we can get everything worked out, and I'll bring in our unit historian, Malzel.(go ahead and CC him in the PM.) Perhaps a good starting point would be a list of questions we could answer?

Also I would message Sean Lang and point him to your original thread, this sounds like it could be a really cool feature on NGNG, and a good way to spread the word about various units and experiences for people who are on the fence with CW coming up.

#13 Blackfire1

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

The FRR merc groups are sorta of a home land militia and less of an outside merc unit. You see merc units are vastly distained in FRR. Even the local ones. We generally try harder then most to uphold the FRR way. Theres a bit of a quick FRR back history for ya.

#14 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostSurtr, on 01 July 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

Hey there Stomp! I need to correct Damon Howe, the 1st RDR does currently bill itself as a House affiliated unit, meaning we are part of the Kungsarmé.

Anyways, I think what you're doing is really cool and will be glad to get you acquainted with the 1st RDR, our history (both in-universe and IRL) and our disposition. We also currently have a decent sized group of new players you could tap into as well.

Send me a PM and we can get everything worked out, and I'll bring in our unit historian, Malzel.(go ahead and CC him in the PM.) Perhaps a good starting point would be a list of questions we could answer?

Also I would message Sean Lang and point him to your original thread, this sounds like it could be a really cool feature on NGNG, and a good way to spread the word about various units and experiences for people who are on the fence with CW coming up.

Oh excellent! I'll send you a PM tomorrow morning, I'm wrapping up getting in touch and laying the foundations with a couple of the Houses, and so far this whole thing is off to a great start, touching bases with people and getting comms open for me, as well as planning what I'd like to write about. These threads are an open forum, you can suggest what YOU think would be cool to see in the reviews, I've only come up with some basics, like some backstory on the Houses, favored Battlemechs of the groups, different tactics, as well as a small examination of the different people likely to be found in the groups. I'll probably want to touch on the ethnic origins of them as well, ie: the FRR are the Space Vikings, and the Liao are Chinese-centric, etc. These are generalizations, but I think it could be a cool thing for new players to look at.

I'm not sure I want to go messaging Sean Lang just yet about this, but maybe after I've started the actual write ups of the Successor States I'll shoot him a line. For now I'm just sending feelers out, networking and testing to see how much interest there might be. Thanks so much for your help by the way! And I added you on C3, so hopefully I'll be online with the 1st RDR within the next week! Gosh I hope it won't take that long to get in touch with everybody haha, but people have jobs. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users