#63 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

Banshee
(Star League Weapons Research)- Neutral
Defiance Industries (produced on Kwangjong-ni, BNC-3S and BNC-5S variants produced on Hesperus II)- Lyran Commonwealth

#64 Enervation

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 161 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

Sorry for the gap guys, i basically ditched the game for a few months in favor of other things taking up space on my hard drive till they got ui2.0 implemented (and my banshee!). I'll get the post updated with recent additions.
After much internal debate, I also decided to start a clan post with the basic omni-mech lineup in the very near future for all you clanner {Noble Mechwarriors} out there <3

YE GODS! (this is the edit) i just perused the clan forums and decided that any attempt to post cannon information about clan stuff will only result in the {Elite Noble Mechwarriors} wisest scholars tearing my post to shreds with pictures and excerpts from books I've never even heard of. You clanners don't need me and I'm contented to shoot you with lasers. Let's call it even.
Pew pew, pew pew pew pew pew. 'Hague.

Edited by Enervation, 19 March 2014 - 12:50 AM.

#65 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Give the alliance between Lyran and Davion i suppose then it would be too much trouble for a lyran to use a davion mech and vice versa

#66 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 20 March 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

Give the alliance between Lyran and Davion i suppose then it would be too much trouble for a lyran to use a davion mech and vice versa

From the OP: "This is a list of where these 'Mechs are produced, not if they are later sold to another faction (the Spider for example is produced in the FWL but is almost exclusively sold to the Dracs)."

While it should be easier for AFFS pilots to acquire traditionally-Lyran 'Mechs (and vice versa), the list being kept in the OP relates to the actual location(s) of manufacture rather than the location/allegiance of the end user(s).

#67 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

I'm still trying to figure out where the one poster came up with the info for the excel spreadsheet.

#68 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 23 March 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

I'm still trying to figure out where the one poster came up with the info for the excel spreadsheet.

It comes from a document called the "Faction Assignment & Rarity Tables".
The document itself is available (via DropBox) here.

While the FA&RT (such an unfortunate acronym!) is not itself canonical, the information contained within is compiled from canonical sources and the author of said document is/was a member of the group that maintains CGL's Master Unit List.

#69 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 20 March 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

From the OP: "This is a list of where these 'Mechs are produced, not if they are later sold to another faction (the Spider for example is produced in the FWL but is almost exclusively sold to the Dracs)."

While it should be easier for AFFS pilots to acquire traditionally-Lyran 'Mechs (and vice versa), the list being kept in the OP relates to the actual location(s) of manufacture rather than the location/allegiance of the end user(s).

Yea true but i don't think you have to raid enemy territories for a specific mech like the OP stated. A lot of these mechs although they are manufactured in certain territories are used by all IS forces, like the Griffin for example

[link]http://users.anet.co...bm-Griffin.html[/link]

I think the only faction specific mechs so far are something like the Dragon (Kurita),. Jagermech (Davion) and the Orion (Marik). And the so far IGP doesn't have any restrictions on what mech you purchase regardless of your faction. So i don't know what the OP is talking about will ever be implemented. Although it would be good if they did cause it would make the game less like "ooohh i want to join house so-so cause they have cool colors"

#70 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 23 March 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

Yea true but i don't think you have to raid enemy territories for a specific mech like the OP stated. A lot of these mechs although they are manufactured in certain territories are used by all IS forces, like the Griffin for example

[link]http://users.anet.co...bm-Griffin.html[/link]

I think the only faction specific mechs so far are something like the Dragon (Kurita),. Jagermech (Davion) and the Orion (Marik). And the so far IGP doesn't have any restrictions on what mech you purchase regardless of your faction. So i don't know what the OP is talking about will ever be implemented. Although it would be good if they did cause it would make the game less like "ooohh i want to join house so-so cause they have cool colors"

It doesn't necessarily need to be a traditional raid that causes a 'Mech to change hands - fallen units can be salvaged from the battlefield and repaired, new-production units can be purchased via third parties, existing 'Mechs can simply be stolen by an infiltrator/spy/traitor (or a team of such persons), and so on; there are a goodly number of ways that a 'Mech manufactured by one faction can end up serving in the forces of another.

In the earliest Dev Blogs & ATD sessions, PGI (which is technically distinct from IGP - PGI (Piranha Games Inc.) is the company actually making/maintaining the game, while IGP (Infinite Games Publishing) is merely the publisher of the game) had indicated that they had planned for all 'Mech would be available to all players, with there being pricing differences as a function of allegiance (e.g. a FedSuns player might pay "x" c-bills for a traditionally-FedSuns 'Mech (such as a JagerMech) while a DracCom or CapCon player might have to pay "y" c-bills for the same 'Mech, such that x < y).
Whether & to what degree this might still be the case, given how late the implementation of CW is, is something I do not (but would like to) know.

#71 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

According to the Objective Raids Source Book (ostensibly prepared to assist Com Guard defend manufacturing facilities against raids by Clans, pirates and Successor States) this is the list of mechs in Production in 3052 - 3054

Note, I have listed LA / FS simply to show the rough geography, LA does not exist until 3057 / 58

Commando (Illushin TC, Coventry LA)
Firestarter (Coventry LA)
Hermes (Irian FWL)
Hornet (Talon FS)
Jenner (Luthien DC)
Locust (Alpheratz OA, MacLeods Land TC, Taurus TC, Ares CC, Canopus MC, Alshain GB, New Avalon FS, Gibson & Stewart FWL and Furilo FC)
Panther (Tok DO DC, Satalice CW)
Raven (Sian CC)
Spider (Tematagi FWL)
Stinger (Alpheratz OA, MacLeods Land and New Vandenberg TC, Ares & Grand Base CC, Canopus MC, Coventry LA, Calloway & Keystone FWL)
Valkyrie (New Avalon FS)
Wasp (Alpheratz OA, Peridition & Taurus TC, Sian CC, Canopus MC, Kalidasa and Shiro III FWL, New Avalon FS)

Blackjack (St Ives SIC)
Centurion (New Avalaon and Panpour FS)
Cicada (Gibson FWL)
Dervish (New Avalon FS)
Enforcer (New Avalon and Talon FS)
Griffin (Marduk DC, Hespersu LA, Talon FS, Illushin TC, Keystone FWL, Oliver LA)
Hatchetman (Taurus TC, Hesperus LA)
Hermes II (Irian & Shiro III FWL)
Hunchback (Kalidasa FWL)
Phoenix Hawk (Satalice CW, New Avalon FS, Keystone FWL, Coventry LA)
Shadowhawk (Duncanshire MC, Calloway FWL)
Trebuchet (Irian, Kalidasa & Stewart FWL)
Vindicator (Capella CC)
Vulcan (Coventary LA, Tematagi FWL)
Wolf Trap (Luthien DC)
Wolverine (Nanking FS, Marduk DC, Gibson and Thermolpolis FWL)

Archer (New Vandenberg TC, Calloway FWL, Hesperus LA, Satalice CW, Alarion & Carlisle FS)
Axeman (New Syrtis FS)
Ceasar (New Syrtis FS)
Cataphract (Tikonov FS, Grand Base CC)
Crusader (Asuncion & Bernado FWL, Oliver LA, Tharkad LA)
Grand Dragon (Luthien DC)
Gullotine (Irian FWL)
Jagermech (Quentin DC, Talon FS)
Marauder (New Vandenberg, Pinard & Taurus TC, Quentin DC, Kathil FS, Gibson & Wallis FWL, Carlisle FC)
Orion (Kalidasa and Kendall FWL)
Quickdraw (Luthien DC, Savannah FWL)
Rifleman (Pandora and Talon FS, Twycross SV, Thermopolis FWL)
Thunderbolt (Pinard & Taurus TC, Keystone FWL, Sudeten JF)
Warhammer (Pinard & Tarus TC, Wallis FWL, Sudeten JF)

Atlas (Al Nair & Quentin DC, Hesperus LA)
Awesome (Irian & Savannah FWL)
Banshee (Hesperus LA)
Battlemaster (Twycross SV, Keystone FWL, Pandora FS)
Charger (Luthien DC)
Goliath (Stewart FWL)
Hatamoto Chi (Errai DC)
Marauder II (Valencia FS)
Mauler (Luthien DC)
Stalker (Shiro III FWL, Twycross SV)
Victor (St Ives SIC, Styk FS, Quentin DC)
Zeus (Hesperus LA)

This source book has had retractions subsequently concerning Clan factories (most famously the LAM Irece factory that Nova Cat smelted down chips / boards one by one by hand in disgust) but is presented by canon as the authority list for all IS manufacturing capability circa 3052 - 3054.

Treat Clan entries with care :)

Edited by Craig Steele, 23 March 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#72 Enervation

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 161 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 23 March 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

So i don't know what the OP is talking about will ever be implemented. Although it would be good if they did cause it would make the game less like "ooohh i want to join house so-so cause they have cool colors"

I didn't mean 'you will have to venture into combine space and salvage a mech off the battlefield in order to buy a dragon', it's more about flying your faction's colors with some locally produced war machines.
Also to answer Grimwill's original question, it would be very easy for a Davion to buy a Lyran mech or a Lyran to buy a Davion mech at this point in time... presuming forms are signed in triplicate I'm sure. Political marriages are awesome while they last, right?

You don't actually need to raid drac country to get a Dragon anyway, we have plenty of them in the republic and you could probably just swipe the keys when we are drunk and partying.

#73 Arkaiko

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:04 AM

dude, the centurion is 100% a Fedrat mech...

the FRR got almost the same mech as DC

http://www.nogutsnog...hp?topic=1594.0

http://www.nogutsnog...hp?topic=1594.0

#74 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

Keep in mind that even during the worst part of the Succession Wars Mercs end up buying a huge number of mechs from the various manufacturing plants around the IS. If Mercs can buy them, there is no reason to think that if one of the Houses wanted some for their own they couldn't do the same thing. Or even a trade... "Hey Merc Unit Y, we noticed that you had mecs we want. Sign this contract with us, and we'll buy them from you and/or replace them with these better mechs that we have plenty of."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users