Useful Comando Build That Not Many Dare To Use

10 replies to this topic

#1 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

I own the 4 variants but the one that I like the most is the 2D (and not because of the ECM)

Here is my build and the best match I've had with that little nightmare:

I have:

- 400 streaks (400*2.5= 1000 damage you could deal)
- XL 195 (to save 0.5 ton)
- 1 MLas (to add some extra damage)
- No ECM (to fit MLas+1 extra ton of ammo)

Posted Image

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Not many dare use it because it's utterly useless if your opponent happens to be packing ECM.

You were freakishly lucky in that drop that despite the presense of 4 chassis capable of running ecm, none were in ECM variants.

Running a streak light requires either ECM or BAP, or you're basically useless as soon as an opposing ECM light shows up and utterly wrecks you.

IMHO - and I don't mean this as an insult, just my way of thinking - a build that's only successful if your opponents avoid passive defenses that can completely shut you down is a very bad build.

#3 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 12 October 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Not many dare use it because it's utterly useless if your opponent happens to be packing ECM.

You were freakishly lucky in that drop that despite the presense of 4 chassis capable of running ecm, none were in ECM variants.

Running a streak light requires either ECM or BAP, or you're basically useless as soon as an opposing ECM light shows up and utterly wrecks you.

IMHO - and I don't mean this as an insult, just my way of thinking - a build that's only successful if your opponents avoid passive defenses that can completely shut you down is a very bad build.

Nah mate no worries feedback is always welcome, specially contructive one.

- That is actually not the only outstanding match I've had on this little guy. If you are pugging all you have to do is stay away from the ECM fellows (stay with the main group and when they engage you do your thing)

- Identify the left behind mechs and own them.

That is a valid point in regards to the ECM but running ecm will give you a max possible damage of 750 and I usually run out of ammo xD

Edited by Mutaroc, 12 October 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#4 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

His name is Jenners' Nightmare btw xD

#5 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

Another 800+ damage on a PUG match

I was the last man standing :D
Posted Image

Edited by Mutaroc, 13 October 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#6 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

How much damage you do isn't really important; in that last match all you got out of your 804 damage was 16,884 CB.

I find that while ECM isn't the be-all and end-all it used to be, it's still useful enough that I wouldn't drop in a ECM-capable chassis without one.

#7 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

View Poststjobe, on 13 October 2013 - 01:10 AM, said:

How much damage you do isn't really important; in that last match all you got out of your 804 damage was 16,884 CB.

I find that while ECM isn't the be-all and end-all it used to be, it's still useful enough that I wouldn't drop in a ECM-capable chassis without one.

I have to say that you were right...

I have changed back to a ECM build still with 400 ammo. (will post smurfy´s as soon as I get home)

here is the 1st match testing that build... (couldn´t do much against 2 Flatlas left)

Tho I was the only survivor in my team and top damage among the 24 players :D thanks for all the feedback.

- ECM
- XL 195
- 400 ammo

Posted Image

Edited by Mutaroc, 13 October 2013 - 07:16 AM.

#8 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

HMMM, your using only 2 SSRM's arent you. Which BTW i agree with. atleast thats what im seeing 1 med, 2 streaks, 4 tons ammo, and ECM very nice.

#9 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

I use similar to the build in your initial post, only I dump the laser for the ECM. I find that the laser contributes very little to your damage total. Also I can put zero armor on that left arm as well since there is nothing important in there.

400 missiles means you wont run out, and ECM means you can actually shoot at ECM equipped lights.

800 damage is a nice number, I do that frequently myself. But it is not as impressive as 800 damage on any other mech. The streaks spread out, most other mechs damage is much more concentrated. A streakmando can do a whole mess of damage, but usually lags behind in the kills relative to what you would get had you done 800 damage with a Stalker. The TDK is much better for getting kills IMO, although the streakmando is awesome for putting fear in the hearts of Jenners, Spiders, and Ravens ;)

Dontor: Love the signature.

#10 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 14 October 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

HMMM, your using only 2 SSRM's arent you. Which BTW i agree with. atleast thats what im seeing 1 med, 2 streaks, 4 tons ammo, and ECM very nice.

No, I am using the x3 SSRM2 here is the build

Posted Image

#11 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

Ahh i see you ditched the energy all together good build way to squeeze in the ammo!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users