Reticule shake and movement (or lack thereof).

44 replies to this topic

#41 Frostiken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:54 AM

The crosses aren't really per-weapon, it's per-location - one for left arm, one for right arm, and one for all torso mounted weapons. The cross wouldn't really indicate 'this is exactly where it'll hit' so you aren't aiming with them, but it provides a reference point to indicate baseline accuracy, so if something is affecting your accuracy - a damage arm actuator (which I hope is in), movement, getting rocked by weaponsfire, you will have a visual cue of what is happening so you can make the judgement call before you fire at all.

#42 Draxern

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:15 AM

Heat should also affect accuracy .....

#43 hermione

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

i would like the see an amount of cockpit shake due to terrian /attacks, even falling when you take a gyro or actuator hit. being in a jenner cruising along at 110kph in the woods or over rough terrian and it feels like our driving a cadilac on the high way are not a good combo, some type of bounce or whatever term you like to use should be applied to the mech as it zooms around

#44 Proteaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

As far in the future as this game is I assume these mechs have much better stabilizer systems than our modern day
armor.So why should they bounce around as far as the reticule goes? If stabilizers get damaged I could see the
reticule movement but otherwise no.

#45 Frostiken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

View PostProteaus, on 10 June 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

As far in the future as this game is I assume these mechs have much better stabilizer systems than our modern day
armor.So why should they bounce around as far as the reticule goes? If stabilizers get damaged I could see the
reticule movement but otherwise no.

On the other hand, it's a hell of a lot easier to stabilize something that rolls over terrain versus something that's slamming 50 tons of metal into the ground in order to move.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users