Game footage or Game Screenies?

32 replies to this topic

#1 AxeHole

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

Please don't flame me if i am missing something but i am not able to find any in game footage or concept videos and game screenies. What gives? too early?

Pop a link if you got one.

#2 Max Liao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 695 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCrimson, Canopus IV

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

Heimdall found those images and videos to be an affront to the Lyran Commonwealth. They stole them and framed Loki.

#3 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:59 AM

only concept art has been release at this point.

#4 FlystreesVagann

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:26 AM

You can check media at front page,there are four concept art pictures,other then that there's nothing yet released,neither gameplay nor screenshots. Give it time*

#5 Galen Shannow

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

Interesting, the game is coming out in 2012 and there isn't even screen shots from an Alpha?

Vaporware, until proven otherwise.

Alright fanboys, you can explode your heads now.

#6 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

Thanks!

*head explodes*

#7 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

This is around from 2009. They have redone it so many times, that it probably doesn't even look like it, but it says, that they have the most important things done.

Who's head is going to explode now?

Edited by Adridos, 10 November 2011 - 11:29 AM.

#8 Galen Shannow

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

So you make a big announcement, put up a website and have not a SINGLE screen shot? This is a fishing expedition for more funding.

And really? Your proof is a movie demo from 2 years ago that's obviously not gameplay footage? Oh and if you think that's actual gameplay footage I have a bridge to sell you.

I really thought that over the last 10 years people had had the fanboi beaten out of them..

Edited by Galen Shannow, 10 November 2011 - 11:32 AM.

#9 FlystreesVagann

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

Just relax and..

Posted Image

#10 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

View PostAxeHole, on 09 November 2011 - 06:33 AM, said:

Please don't flame me if i am missing something but i am not able to find any in game footage or concept videos and game screenies. What gives? too early?

Pop a link if you got one.

The game was announced like, a week and a half ago, right? No. There is no in-game anything because we don't even know if they have base coding done. All we know is there is a forums, theres 3 kick-*** concept images, and that Piranha says "We're making it."

#11 LordKelvin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

View PostGalen Shannow, on 10 November 2011 - 11:31 AM, said:

So you make a big announcement, put up a website and have not a SINGLE screen shot? This is a fishing expedition for more funding.

And really? Your proof is a movie demo from 2 years ago that's obviously not gameplay footage? Oh and if you think that's actual gameplay footage I have a bridge to sell you.

I really thought that over the last 10 years people had had the fanboi beaten out of them..

They already have a publisher, in case you didn't bother reading any of the interviews or developer blogs. It's far from a fishing expedition for money.

#12 Neanot

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

In their own words (Smith & Tinker's) when the video was released in 2009, it was a fishing expedition at that point. They gave interviews saying that they were looking for a publisher at that time. They also stated, iirc, that the video was made using in-game footage, and I think even gave discussions about it. I remember one interview where they talked about using buildings as more than just static scenery, and gave the example of the Jenner jumping on the building, the top floor collapsing, and then having the rest of the building blown up by the protagonist's mech. I think that they were making the Transformer game at the time, and were prospcting with MechWarrior in their spare time.

Also, if they have actually given a release time of 2012, then it is far from vapourware.

#13 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

No further funding is being sought. Screens as soon as the time is appropriate, soon and I dont know how to put the little trade mark symbol next to the word soon :)

#14 Galen Shannow

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

View PostNeanot, on 10 November 2011 - 01:37 PM, said:

Also, if they have actually given a release time of 2012, then it is far from vapourware.

Oh dear ***, you realise how illogical that statement is right? The END of 2012 is less than 14 months away. So they intend to release a online massively multi-player graphical game in less than 14 months and didn't have a screenshot to go with their big launch? It is amazing how people continue to be so blindingly optimistic about game development after all this time.
Either the 2012 date is HOPELESSLY optimistic and/or the game is Vapourware until enough interest is generated with the news announcement for the publisher to commit any real dollars. Man Game Devs must love the blind fanboi.
If they had any sort of a game to show, they'd show it, either it's so heinously ugly they can't (in which case *** help us) or it simply doesn't exist and which stage the game is..not..coming..out..in..2012.

#15 Galen Shannow

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 10 November 2011 - 01:47 PM, said:

No further funding is being sought. Screens as soon as the time is appropriate, soon and I dont know how to put the little trade mark symbol next to the word soon :)

CRS trademarked that years ago. I think you'll have to pay royalties.

Oh and *** out the g.o.d. word? really? Test... Allah Jehovah Satan

#16 T S Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationLuzerne

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

View PostGalen Shannow, on 10 November 2011 - 11:31 AM, said:

wow you just came on here to complain or what? or do you just like to try to beat up on fanboys? Myself and a few others have been playing the board game for 25 years and the others have been playing the video games longer than what I have. Anyways if this is what you like to do on websites is put it down and criticize it just for your own jollys then enjoy

And it clearly states summer of 2012 for the release.. so that is what between June through September we are waiting. You say CRS owns the copyright for the demo that was made in 2009 where is the proof for that?

#17 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

View PostGalen Shannow, on 10 November 2011 - 01:48 PM, said:

Oh dear ***, you realise how illogical that statement is right? The END of 2012 is less than 14 months away. So they intend to release a online massively multi-player graphical game in less than 14 months and didn't have a screenshot to go with their big launch? It is amazing how people continue to be so blindingly optimistic about game development after all this time.
Either the 2012 date is HOPELESSLY optimistic and/or the game is Vapourware until enough interest is generated with the news announcement for the publisher to commit any real dollars. Man Game Devs must love the blind fanboi.
If they had any sort of a game to show, they'd show it, either it's so heinously ugly they can't (in which case *** help us) or it simply doesn't exist and which stage the game is..not..coming..out..in..2012.

So why are you wasting your time on this forum then?

Actually, if you look at there marketing, they are simply trying to ramp up interest and use the "keep 'em keen, treat 'em mean" style of keeping people interested. frankly, it's working.

At least, that's how i'm reading it.

In the mean time, if you really think it is vapourware, why bother posting? Just laugh at all us fan boys finding something that makes us happy and that isn't hurting anyone, but essentially keep it to yourself.

#18 Galen Shannow

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

View PostT.S. Hawk, on 10 November 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

wow you just came on here to complain or what? or do you just like to try to beat up on fanboys? Myself and a few others have been playing the board game for 25 years and the others have been playing the video games longer than what I have. Anyways if this is what you like to do on websites is put it down and criticize it just for your own jollys then enjoy

And it clearly states summer of 2012 for the release.. so that is what between June through September we are waiting. You say CRS owns the copyright for the demo that was made in 2009 where is the proof for that?

I'm not complaining, I'm simply pointing out the obvious. And you have proof that all I do is go on websites and put things down? Are you following me? Wierd!
And blah blah blah , I've played the game on-line and off for 15+ years too.

In fact no one hopes I'm wrong more than I do. I'd love to play this game, when I first played World of Tanks I thought to myself 'you know what would rock? World of Mechs'....Battletech lends itself really well to a game like this. However WoT's open beta lasted 6 months alone. And you believe a game is going to go from nothing to release in 6 months , that just so unbelievably optimistic I have to say something.

And lets face it a pre-release website is kinda boring without some trolls.

Oh and I was talking about CRS holding the trademark to 'soon'...a little joke, nevermind.

#19 Galen Shannow

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

View PostMchawkeye, on 10 November 2011 - 02:26 PM, said:

So why are you wasting your time on this forum then?

Actually, if you look at there marketing, they are simply trying to ramp up interest and use the "keep 'em keen, treat 'em mean" style of keeping people interested. frankly, it's working.

At least, that's how i'm reading it.

In the mean time, if you really think it is vapourware, why bother posting? Just laugh at all us fan boys finding something that makes us happy and that isn't hurting anyone, but essentially keep it to yourself.

Seriously? I should not say anything? Why are people's feelings going to get hurt?
And 'treat em mean'? The game is 6 months from release! (because of cause Game developers never make wildly optimistic promises on game delivery or outright lie for that matter)...if this is a marketing strategy then we are abuse victims.

Vaaaapourware!

#20 Kumakichi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,337 posts
  • LocationYoyodyne Propulsion Factory

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

I'm torn.... what if new screenshots and trailers looked incredible and then we had to wait for all those long months?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users