Liao Music

63 replies to this topic

#1 Cong Min Voronkov

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

I’ve been searching youtube for “House Liao” style music and came up with a few good examples.

I don’t use the word exquisite very much but the music of Zi Ling Liu truly is exquisite.

For those of you who might want some thing a bit more Russian, here’s a Russian TV commercial being used to try and encourage military enlistment. It’s had over two million views so far. I got to admit it does have a nice sound to it ( but I have no idea what he’s saying )

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

View PostCong Min Voronkov, on 31 December 2011 - 08:22 AM, said:

For those of you who might want some thing a bit more Russian, here’s a Russian TV commercial being used to try and encourage military enlistment. It’s had over two million views so far. I got to admit it does have a nice sound to it ( but I have no idea what he’s saying )

With all those artists on the forum, someone should have easy time using the sound of it to make a tribute on Liao and post it into russian forums, they are Clan heavy, but a bit of propaganda will not hurt us (and do not forget to mention the sounds are from this video).

Edited by Adridos, 31 December 2011 - 09:16 AM.

#3 IxxxI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

Well, posting that Russian military advert as propaganda for joining Liao forces is... not worth the effort, I'd say :huh: You will get few lulz as response. The spirit of clip is closer to Wolf Clan, than to Capellan Confederation. Ok, enough with criticism. I have always associated Russian theme in Capellan Confederation with Russian emigration after 1917. It sounds like http://www.youtube.c.../16/TAxqDMBEdu0 (actually Alexander Vertinsky had lived in Shanghai for some time during immigration)

#4 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

Take the year into account. It's 3048. People switched from classical music, through comedy, rock, hip-hop and now pop in less than 100 years. After all those years I would say that only the old Chinesse music stayed + the music which people hear mostly.

#5 IxxxI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:33 AM

I haven't said that somebody will listen to classic Russian chanson in 31st century (but why actually not), neither I don't believe, that post-Soviet song about paratroopers brotherhood would be popular in Sian. I've mentioned the spirit of the music. Chinese clip posted doesn't represent traditional Chinese music, BTW (Take that Cantonese banging ).

Edited by IxxxI, 31 December 2011 - 10:35 AM.

#6 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

I thought it was about paratroopers, but the funny look of that guy won over my Slavic ancestorship. :huh:

#7 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:05 AM

That's a music video of quite popular russian singer, dedicated to airborne troops, which are considered as elite of soviet and russian army along with marines. Neither airborne forces nor marines have any official hymnes, but there are a lot of songs dedicated to every kind of troops. Even to KGB special units.

#8 Cong Min Voronkov

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

Thanks for the responses lxxl.
The “Russian” music I linked to was NOT a serious attempt, just having a little fun.
Of course it’s hard enough to predict what kind of music people will be listening to one thousand days from now, much less in a thousand years. Some of our “contemporary” music could become “traditional”/”classic” in the far future. Lets just hope it doesn’t turn out like ‘Buck Rogers in the 25th century’ where all the music sounds like disco.

Keep the suggestions coming, I’m still hoping for something for some the Highlanders that are still in the Capellan Confederation.

Edited by Cong Min Voronkov, 31 December 2011 - 03:08 PM.

#9 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

Actually a lot of Liu Zi Ling's music is apt for House Liao and this one is perhaps what best fits the 'feel' for me.

只有分离 by 刘紫玲 Liu Zi Ling
(no idea how to post youtube videos, sorry!)

#10 Cong Min Voronkov

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

View PostTifalia, on 31 December 2011 - 05:45 PM, said:

Actually a lot of Liu Zi Ling's music is apt for House Liao and this one is perhaps what best fits the 'feel' for me.

Fixed

#11 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

Great to see some ideas floating about.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Happy New Year

#12 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostCong Min Voronkov, on 31 December 2011 - 07:27 PM, said:

Fixed

Cheers for that.

#13 ToWcH

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 30 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

Disregard my emblem... ^_^
This one is beautiful and motivating

#14 Cong Min Voronkov

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for the post ToWcH, even though Amazon.com now gets a little more of my money for ONG BAK 2 dvd. ^_^

#15 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

This is an awesome concept, perhaps the game designers will look into creating in game music that each faction can listen to while in their 'mech. Or they could even look into allowing music to be uploaded into the .dat files for personal music while playing the game.

#16 Bernardo Sinibaldi

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationThe Perfumed Garden, Cathay

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

It's not entirely faction-specific but I've always thought the music to Shogun Total War would be good Capellan background music. Search on Youtube for "Shogun: Total War OST" or just click here

Edited by Bernardo Sinibaldi, 03 January 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#17 Lima Zulu

Russian Community Champion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

Isn't Shogun a japanese-themed game? Looks like it more suits Draconis Combine than CC.

#18 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

Yes, Shogun is about Japan, but these two cultures seem identical to us, foreigners, so it can really be Liao music. ^_^

#19 Bernardo Sinibaldi

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationThe Perfumed Garden, Cathay

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:02 AM

View PostLima Zulu, on 09 January 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

Isn't Shogun a japanese-themed game? Looks like it more suits Draconis Combine than CC.

Yep - it is Japanese (with Mongol) themed, hence my comment that it wasn't entirely faction specific. However, the gameplay music is actually fairly generic - uptempo drums and strings for battle scenes etc - and so I felt it could apply both for the Dracs and the Capellan forces.

#20 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

I feel like it is a challenge to my tremendous musical arsenal to find appropriate music for CC other than some classical Chinese stuff but I admit, it is proving harder than expected, though did find some good Davion sounding stuff, I am trying to look for something more along the lines of a solid and strong feel with impending undertones as that is kind of how CC is and just about always has been,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users