Mwo Disables My Computers Wireless Adapter

2 replies to this topic

#1 Vexel

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

Yeah, as the title says. It was working fine a day or so ago until I deleted an extra file I had sitting in the directory from ages ago to play around with the keybinds, but since then whenever I start MWO my wireless adapter decides it's having none of that and disables itself so that I have to turn off my computer completely to get it working again. I have re-downloaded the game from scratch as well.

Any ideas as to why MWO and my wireless would be hating on each other? 'Cause I'm at a loss.

It's a Belkin USB Wireless adapter, btw.

#2 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:07 AM

Have you tried unplugging then plugging your adapter back in? In my own past experience the USB WiFi dongles tend to fail on their own after two to three years. The dongle itself may be the problem, mwo might just be a coincidence since an online game naturally increases network usage somewhat. Tried any other multiplayer games to see if they do the same?

#3 Vexel

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

That would be annoying, since the dongel is less then a year old. I've tried it in different ports, even re-installed the thing. I also play WoW, BF3 and a few other online games and near always have Mumble running as well. Nary a twitch in my connection with them, but MWO without fail, the instant it loads the wireless adapter seems to have a panic attack at the awesome that is Mechwarrior.

Tis mildy annoying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users