Victor

83 replies to this topic

#81 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Finally got a build on my VTR-9K that I like, and works well. Bit unorthodox, but a few of my mechs have been in the past, only to see the same or similiar setups later. The armour distribution isn't the same as how I actually have it. Designed with performance in mind, and figuring that the 75.7 sounds like a good speed for striking in and out. The six Jump Jets are very useful for clearing buildings in River City fast, and getting over the walls of Canyon Network without getting stuck on the lip. Flamers are there as an extra. Primarily for using on a hot mech, and when it comes to that, won't be using the ER PPC. Will still use them in a fight while still using the ER PPC, but only in short bursts so they don't start heating up my mech. Actually got a kill today with them in Alpine thanks to that.
By the way, with the new map, I'm wondering if anyone has yet, and I missed it, started claims that MG's and Gauss Rifle's are OP with how little heat they cause, and how OP Flamers are to how they roast my Energy boat :)

#82 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

This is the VTR-9K that I ended up running for most of the 30 or so matches I needed to get my basics done for 9K. I wasn't too impressed and off the three it was by far the worst. My survivability was better than the uAC/5 build I had on the 9B, but for some reason things just didn't go well...perhaps it was just a bad day.

I tried different things like this VTR-9K which swapped the Gauss for an LB-10/X, the idea being hang back and snipe with the PPC and then use the AC and the Streaks once the armour was stripped, but it just seemed not nearly as effective as the Gauss+ER PPC.

When I go to do the Elite skills I might try AC/10 with 2xLLs as something different. The 9B or the 9S are fine with AC/20s, and the 9B can also manage ultras or triple AC/2s, but I cannot seem to find a good build for the 9K.

#83 Madwill

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 31 July 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

This is the VTR-9K that I ended up running for most of the 30 or so matches I needed to get my basics done for 9K. I wasn't too impressed and off the three it was by far the worst. My survivability was better than the uAC/5 build I had on the 9B, but for some reason things just didn't go well...perhaps it was just a bad day.

I tried different things like this VTR-9K which swapped the Gauss for an LB-10/X, the idea being hang back and snipe with the PPC and then use the AC and the Streaks once the armour was stripped, but it just seemed not nearly as effective as the Gauss+ER PPC.

When I go to do the Elite skills I might try AC/10 with 2xLLs as something different. The 9B or the 9S are fine with AC/20s, and the 9B can also manage ultras or triple AC/2s, but I cannot seem to find a good build for the 9K.

i took your basic idea and mixed it with the 9K i usually run. the 9K is my best performing mech. it has one of my best w/l ratios and my absolute best k/d ratio.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8bd87aa52af76a4

i just run mine with 2 LL and SRM 6 instead.

#84 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostMadwill, on 31 July 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

i took your basic idea and mixed it with the 9K i usually run. the 9K is my best performing mech. it has one of my best w/l ratios and my absolute best k/d ratio.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8bd87aa52af76a4

i just run mine with 2 LL and SRM 6 instead.

Thanks. It's something to try when I have to go unlock the Master Tier for the Victors. Like I said, I might try a pair of LLs with an AC/10 for mid-range brawling. It just seems that the Gauss is paired rather well with a PPC given their extreme range, and that's what I wanted to play with. It just seemed to work horribly for me. Perhaps I just suck at it. Or I needed to give in to the meta and go with Gauss + 2 PPC.

I know that Gauss and LLs can work together since I run that with 4 Streaks on my HGN-733.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users