Mechwarrior Online To Launch September 17Th 2013!

1194 replies to this topic

#21 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

I'm not sure why people are so concerned about the launch, it isn't like it'll change much. Real money has been swapping hands for quite a while and while it says beta there's not like there's any barriers to entering the beta

Best of luck PGI

#22 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

No. Great Game and great patches the last two weeks but - no offense - the game won't be ready then.

#23 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostBelorion, on 03 July 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

The article also states that there have been 9,618,070 hours spent in battle. Hours * 60 min = 577084200 min in battle. Min / 10 min (I think the average might be lower than 10 min but w/e) / 16 (number of mechs per match) = 3606776 matches since open beta. Depending on when this snap shot was taken change the number of hours since open beta, but lets say roughly 1450 hours. Giving us ~ 2487 matches per hour.

That's actually a better benchmark of the data than what I did. :( I suppose I focused on the mechs destroyed because, well, I'm here to destroy mechs. lol

Edited by DragonsFire, 03 July 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#24 ToxicValor

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostInveramsay, on 03 July 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

I'm not sure why people are so concerned about the launch, it isn't like it'll change much. Real money has been swapping hands for quite a while and while it says beta there's not like there's any barriers to entering the beta

Best of luck PGI

Being someone who has been in a lot of Betas; MWO is no different in terms of content thus far. Limited content for testing, balancing etc. There has not been one beta that I've participated in that runs the same amount of content in beta as it does in launch. Unless PGI said specifically that no new content would be available at launch as it sits now.

#25 Jack Lowe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationStaten Island, NY

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostIqfishLP, on 03 July 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

No. Great Game and great patches the last two weeks but - no offense - the game won't be ready then.

I am assuming they didn't set a date without having a plan to hit said date. With the list of things they promised would be included by launch that have yet to be completed I must say they have quite a tall order. That being said they have themselves admitted as much and believe they can get it done. I do have to assume at this point that any plan they have allows for very little wiggle room if something doesn't go right. I suppose we should just hope that nothing goes wrong......

#26 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Hope this goes well.

Think the July and August patches have to really get hold of the balance and sort it out.

#27 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

View PostInveramsay, on 03 July 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Best of luck PGI

View PostToxicValor, on 03 July 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

Being someone who has been in a lot of Betas; MWO is no different in terms of content thus far. Limited content for testing, balancing etc. There has not been one beta that I've participated in that runs the same amount of content in beta as it does in launch. Unless PGI said specifically that no new content would be available at launch as it sits now.

The change from Beta -> Launch is mostly focused on releaseing th game's Main Campaign: the Territory-Capture persistent Universe based on the planets of the Inner Sphere, the fighting between the Great Houses, and the Clan Invasion.

Basically, they are launching the game by injecting the Battletech Universe.

#28 Scromboid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBlue Ridge Mountains

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Sorry, but what exactly does launch mean?

I know you are excited, but I do not see why, right now, I should be. What does that even mean? CW? That is not even coming until October, as of last report, much less UI 2.0?!

Oh wait, no more buggy patches in the name of Beta?!?! Is that it?!! If that is the case, then...

EXCITED!!!!

:(

Edited by Scromboid, 03 July 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#29 SQUIRRELLL

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

What are we releasing? No UI 2.0. No CW till next year. No Clan wars..I guess less bugs then when we went to open beta?

#30 TanE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 757 posts
  • LocationIn investigation of the Ghostbear Dominion

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

There is a nice german phrase: "Jetz' mal Butter bei die Fische!" Or to say it in english: Give us a schedule for the incoming patches. What will come at which patch?

#31 Crazyeyes244

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPlanet Helen

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 03 July 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

The change from Beta -> Launch is mostly focused on releaseing th game's Main Campaign: the Territory-Capture persistent Universe based on the planets of the Inner Sphere, the fighting between the Great Houses, and the Clan Invasion.

But from my understanding, CW won't even be in until well after launch, clans even later. Correct me if I am wrong...

#32 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostSQUIRRELLL, on 03 July 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

What are we releasing? No UI 2.0. No CW till next year. No Clan wars..I guess less bugs then when we went to open beta?

View PostSam Donelly, on 03 July 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

But from my understanding, CW won't even be in until well after launch, clans even later. Correct me if I am wrong...

The Inner Sphere-portion of CW will be this year, then next year the Clans will be added as more Factions.

#33 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

Well honestly I have mixed feelings. It's nice to finally have a release date and all the guessing regarding that being over. But on the flip side you still have not given any serious information on community warfare, new maps, new modes, clans or other outstanding issues we constantly have been asking for. It seems a bit premature to announce the release date when you still haven't given any solid details on your release content list/plans.

And I see you chose a Tuesday so either we'll get the Orion or Flea that day.

#34 SQUIRRELLL

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

Brian stated on NGNG podcast we aren't getting CW this year. Like a real community warfare. We'll get merc/faction tags and thats probably it.

#35 ToxicValor

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

Oh, nice. I'm damn excited. I would hope to be safe in assuming more MP maps and what have you. I did hear a Dev on podcast on NGNG talk about more objectives for MP games and better Base assault mechanics.

View PostSQUIRRELLL, on 03 July 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

2.0 will be August or near Launch. Which includes DX11. Source: NGNG Podcast 76 or 77.

Again, yes 3rd party site info who are literally directly in contact with Devs from PGI who they have on the casts. I know its not MWO main page info; it should be. However Again for example, Mmo-champ is the main news source for WoW and people don't have an issue with that. Lol.

#36 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

View PostToxicValor, on 03 July 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

it's not limited (the content) we're playing pretty much exactly what everyone else will be playing on release day. (given PGI's track record)

#37 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostIqfishLP, on 03 July 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

We told them the game was not ready for OB and that only stalled them a week.

#38 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

It changes nothing. Well, there will be no more "it's a Beta" excuse for PGI defense squad on the forums (they will soon get a great reinforcement of Phoenix buyers fighting their buyer's regret and, correspondingly, PGI critiques) - but then forum wars change nothing too.

I'm interested in UI 2.0, Community Warfare, and a while later Clan Invasion. Better in-game communication. I'm somewhat interested in more different mechs (balance damn Alpha strikes! But why not giving us A or A1 Victor?), much more interested in more maps. I don't care how they call the state of the game, be it Beta, Zeta, Omega, Gold... I'm interested in the actual state of the game, and progress looks somewhat slow and not always in good direction here.

Edit: Their statistics is cagey too - no graph of online numbers, just flashy but not so relevant jabber.

Edited by Morang, 03 July 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#39 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

The sooner you all realize that your currently playing the "launch" version of the game the easier it will be for you when 17 Sep rolls around.

#40 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

Bryan Ekman (correction: It was Russ) has confirmed no community warfare this year? really?

so... does that mean they are waiting to see if 'launch is successful' before committing the resources to community warfare?

Isn't the 'success of launch' dependent upon community warfare though? :)

Edited by jozkhan, 03 July 2013 - 11:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users