Turning Bug

17 replies to this topic

#1 ChuChuRo

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

Some players, including me, occasionally experience a certain "Turning Bug".

It's when the 'Mech is constantly turning in either direction, left or right, which makes aiming quite impossible. And no, this is not because some joystick or gamepad is accidentally triggered. I don't even have any such controller connected.

Sometimes it's gone after 20 or more seconds. But this is enough time to get bug ridden players killed while running in circles, trying to aim at something.

I'd just like to know: Are the dev's aware of this bug? Is there a way to get controls back to normal more quickly? Pressing or tapping the turning keys doesn't work. Who else of you gets this bug sometimes?

Edit: Same with the W and S keys. Sometimes I can't stop accelerating or going backwards. It's quite annoying. It seems to occur more often with a Firefox window opened in the background. Not quite sure if it's related.

Edited by ChuChuRo, 04 July 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#2 soarra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

double tap the direction you are turning it stops it

#3 LtZerge

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

Funny, I'm being hit with the exact opposite. Every 3rd or 4th game I play the mech won't turn at all, and restarting the client is the only way to let me turn my mechs again.

#4 BaronVonVeigar

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

I've just experienced the same bug as LtZerge today, got into match fine, 1st time it happened it seemed to fix itself after about 30 seconds, about 40 seconds into the next match it does it again and does NOT correct itself this time. I could still move forward or backward, shoot, power up/down, i just could not turn.
Both times i experienced it i was in an Atlas if that matters

#5 Jonnara

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 184 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Same as with LtZerg and BaronVonVeigar,

I launched a UAV from a C1 cat and than i could no longer turn left or right.

had to exit the game and log back in.

#6 Anemone7

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

I'm having an issue where I can't move my legs left or right using my keyboard. Started ever since the latest patch. Support told me to re-install the game, which I did, which solved nothing. The alternate key binds to move my legs left or right don't work either. I can move my legs left or right using my joystick, even though it has no key binds assigned to it. My game before I did a complete re-install used to freeze about 1 out of every 10 matches. After the re-install it froze the first match I played, as soon as my mech powered up. I won't be investing one single dollar into this game.

#7 Jerkey Samurai

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

I'm experiencing this same bug in an atlas right now. Driving me batty...

#8 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:38 AM

View PostSilent Ruin, on 26 July 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

I'm having an issue where I can't move my legs left or right using my keyboard. Started ever since the latest patch. Support told me to re-install the game, which I did, which solved nothing. The alternate key binds to move my legs left or right don't work either. I can move my legs left or right using my joystick, even though it has no key binds assigned to it. My game before I did a complete re-install used to freeze about 1 out of every 10 matches. After the re-install it froze the first match I played, as soon as my mech powered up. I won't be investing one single dollar into this game.

do you have the joystick plugged in while you use the keyboard?

#9 Lehmund

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 219 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:32 AM

View Postsoarra, on 21 July 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

double tap the direction you are turning it stops it

No, it doesn't. This doesn't seem to be the usual keyboard "sticky key" bug for a PC. I've had this happen a few times so far with either a turn key or the "w" key. Anything I do during the match does nothing, including double tapping, and anything else. On Invasion modes, changing mechs doesn't solve anything.

However, after a match is over, the keyboard gets back to normal state and everything is fine until it starts off again.

I haven't identified any trigger for it. stats during normal gameplay moving or moving and shooting....

#10 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:37 AM

Necro
Its a problem with non mechanical keybords and sometimes with USB or radio Keybords.
As far as I know there is no solution, its a inherent problem with the *start signal* / *stopsignal* if you want to call it that way. If it seems to be the *sticky* bug the programm simply missed you stopp pressing a button.

If its the other way round well...maybe you are playing in window mode and accidentialy changed the keyboard language or something.

Edited by The Basilisk, 06 June 2016 - 12:47 AM.

#11 EppuTheHeppu

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:59 AM

Encountered this in last match.

I think it had something to do with friendly Atlas disconnecting next to me, instantly my hunchback stuck to turning left.

Turning stopped when looked the scoreboard, but began again when returned to game. Felt like keycommand stuck in the server end.

#12 ma1ze

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:19 AM

[color=#959595]I'm experiencing this same bug only in my shadowcat mech.[/color]

#13 Joker Smoker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 341 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:17 AM

Got this on my urbanmech. When i want to turn back it look like i suddenly get ping like 700. Do I need to put some WD-40 on it? Posted Image

#14 SenInt

• Pip
  • Cadet
  • 19 posts
  • LocationWilderness

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:32 AM

I got this during one quick game I participated in 20th July 8:55pm Helsinki (+3 for Greenvich time).

#15 ma1ze

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:53 AM

i have this problem almost every match!!!!! interesting , its only happens when i play with shadowcat.

#16 Frosty Bits

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:06 AM

This has happened to me today a constant turn to the left impossible to stop.I had to leave the game I was in and restart. By the time I had returned to the game I was of course dead. Very frustrating as its not a common problem for me as its only happened twice to me over the course of the month and never before.

I suspect but not sure. it might be my wireless headset trying to re connect as I heard the windows connecting sound a few times before the bug occurred. After I restart though everything is normal

#17 Skotenkov

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 08:57 AM

2021.02.10 - got this issue. resolved by reset settings

#18 LuInRei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts
  • Location渦巻き中

Posted 11 February 2021 - 09:39 PM

I had a similar problem a long time ago. In my case pressing Shift+Alt (input language change hotkey) was the culprit. When I mapped it to a different combination, randomly getting unresponsive controls (perpetual turn, forward or backwards motion) stopped happening. Haven't tried to replicate this bug recently, it may have been fixed (or not).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users