#22 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostSurtr, on 08 July 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Stretch out your hand to a snake and all you'll get is bit. FRR for life! Live and die for the Kungsarmé!!
Your words dishonor both our ancestors.

View PostScrapjunkie, on 08 July 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

Awesome thanks also is there any specific weapon that I cant use based on what was said about the FRR like say a dual AC/20 jagermech also any camo spec that isn't appropriate say the chains on the pretty baby?
There is no weapon you cannot use - but if you wish to adhere to a certain affinity of the faction, Kuritans really like to put a PPC on many of their 'Mechs (note: one, not boating), in much the same way that Davion loves Autocannons. ;)

As for the chains, actually there is this:
Posted Image
- source: Draconis Combine Field Manual

Note the 'Mech in the lower right. It really depends on the regiment - the only thing to keep in mind is that such paintjobs are not an individual thing, so there is a limit as to how "personal" a camo scheme may appear, if you really want to "look the part". A regiment's iconography tends to symbolize something in their doctrine or the history of the unit or homeworld/district, rather than the single pilot. It's mostly just something to keep in mind for when you are dropping with other Kuritans, however. I have in the past on occasion adapted my colors to the people I'm dropping with, for the ~5% of matches I am not PUGging. :D

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 08 July 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#23 Scrapjunkie

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationRight Here Right Now

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

Cool that's good to know but some of the markings on the mech is that just for animation for do I somehow have to decal that on my mech and is your affiliation recruiting?

#24 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

Faction and unit insignia are sadly not yet available in MWO's mechlab. However, we have been told such things will be introduced with the upcoming Community Warfare! I for one can't wait to slap a proper Combine Dragon on my machine. And maybe some kanji. We'll have to see what they make available.

As for recruitment - the Draconis Combine as a faction is open to all true and loyal sons and daughters of the Dragon. Community Warfare, once released, will allow us to gather and fight under the unifying banner of House Kurita even without further involvement in player-created commands. However, if you do seek a player unit (what would be called a "guild" or "clan" in other games), then there are a number of options you could consider. The semi-official House Kurita website (run by fellow Kuritan MechWarrior Paladin Brewer) features a recruitment section here: http://www.housekuri...c9caced11c65f9e

#25 Scrapjunkie

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationRight Here Right Now

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Awesome looking forward to it. Anyone that is wanting me to join a clan I am downloading TeamSpeak (gotta find that darn headset :( ) until then I will just kinda listen in on conversations and from there on decide which to apply to.

#26 TequilaSunrise

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

Hi, I'm currently looking for a group of DCMS players to link up with. Let me tell you a little about myself. I am 28, live in the midwest United States, and have been a fan of Mechwarrior and Battletech since I picked up my first BattleTech Novel in 4th grade (Star Lord). I have played many of the Mechwarrior games, starting with Mechwarriror 2 on windows 95, and even played some of the board and pen and paper games. My brother, who is saddly passed away, was the one who introduced me to this universe, and when I first saw MWO, I was thrilled to see a fully online MW game,followed by crushing memories of my brother dumped upon me. After a few months, saddly missing a chance at the founders pack, I decided to give the game a try anyway, and was pleased to find it was everything my brother and I had hoped for in MW game. Despite a few teary eyed sessions, I found the game to be far to enjoyable to abandon, and now finally I am looking for a group to play with. My brother and I always fought under a Davion or Jade Falcon banner before, but I find doing either of those will probably be to sore for me. So, being that I practice Kendo with the St. Louis Kendo Club, I decided that the Draconis Combine is probably the way to go as I have found great comfort in the martial traditions of the East. If any unit will have me on, please contact me at Asarnil17@hotmail.com. Arigatou gozaimasu.

#27 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

TequilaSunrise, welcome to the DCMS Forums, their are plenty of House Kurita Units active at various timezones, the best bet for yourself is to try out the different unit TS servers, play some drops with each house unit and get a feel for each of the different units. We are all slightly different, and its worth finding the right group to drop with.

Presently, regiments with Active US Players are : 1st Ghost, Arkab Legion, Night Scorn, Ronin and 9th Sword.

Edited by ManaValkyrie, 12 August 2013 - 02:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users