Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

View PostTennex, on 16 August 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

NICE!

#82 Seraj

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

Im looking forward so hard to the Locust. I love the tiny cute mechs.

#83 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

I'm worried the scaling is going to roughly true to the new photos and the 20ton locust is going to be larger than the 30 ton jenner.

#84 Belphagor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 114 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostPrezimonto, on 18 August 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

I'm worried the 20ton locust is going to be larger than the 30 ton jenner.

(35 T.. but yeah)

It would be nice if the entire body mass of the locust & flea were roughly the size of the forward portion of the jenner (from the 'grill' forward only). Then nearly half sized legs, and stand it up to the absolute top of the 20T mechs can drive under the chin of a standing jenner...

In reality they will probably be 3/4 the size of a jenner instead of 3/5ths... unless they come with 'spider armor' they are going to drop far too fast in light dogfights. Many players are able to pick the leg off a jenner or spider now, so even a 'smallish' mech is not going to be that hard to hit for the other light mechs. (because they still appear somewhat large to them)- its all perspective.

#85 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

I hope I'm wrong but right now the MWO Locust looks like it needs to go on a diet. Other wise it'll be a 20 ton oversize fattie that Commando's can hide behind.

Maybe its the angles of the mech and the angle of the photo that makes it look bulkier in the hips and torso than I would imagine.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 20 September 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#86 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

I've just thought of something...if that CT turret has an actuator, does that mean there is only one crit slot to use? Since the actuator would take one, you can only fit up to a MPL in the CT. No LPL or LL if that's the case.

#87 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Screen shots soon ? I mean its not that far away from the release date ?

#88 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostCathy, on 22 September 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

Generally they haven't released screen shots before the 'mech is actually in-game.

#89 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

judging by the art work i think its going to have a nice cockpit.

#90 Rotiart_Drol

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEaglesham

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostCathy, on 22 September 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

But what about the other 'Mech concept art that I can waste away looking at? They don't have those yet! :)

#91 Semper Fi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe Great North West of US

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

When are we getting the other Artwork for the Shadow Hawk, Thunderbolt, and Battlemaster, or even for the Sabre Pack?

#92 DeathFiesta

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

To be honest, this isn't a Locust to me. Based on the scale of the Jenner in the pics several have shown side by side, it's a 45-50 ton mech, probably named 'Apache' due to the stubble it has on its chin, that it shares with the helicopter of the same name. Introduce it as MWO's first unique mech!

Having played Batteltech for over 20 years, I understand there have been several iterations, licensing issues, and simply design choices for MWO. This is not a Locust.

If you really want to base the Locust design off of this concept:
1) Make the lower legs longer. The thin section in the middle of the lowerleg needs to be longer.
2) Lose the arms off of the cicada, and use something similar to what you have for the Flea concept.
3) Get rid of the stubble on the chin. Mount that center Energy mount under the body. Honestly, the Flea concept handles this a little better.
4) Shrink the hip/pelvic area. Get rid of the armor plates hanging out in free air there.
5) Make the Side Torsos cylindrical. I would cut off the bottoms due to the torso twist requirement, although leaving the endplates fully circular would cover the leg/hip joint a bit.

With the Torso twist requirement, differentiating the Flea and Locust visually is harder. If these two mechs come to MWO as they are, I will simply buy Fleas and name them 'Locust'.

#93 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostSemper Fi, on 23 September 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

When are we getting the other Artwork for the Shadow Hawk, Thunderbolt, and Battlemaster, or even for the Sabre Pack?

Maybe something next week, this week's is the useless hero Atlas time..

#94 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostDeathFiesta, on 25 September 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

To be honest, this isn't a Locust to me. Based on the scale of the Jenner in the pics several have shown side by side, it's a 45-50 ton mech, probably named 'Apache' due to the stubble it has on its chin, that it shares with the helicopter of the same name. Introduce it as MWO's first unique mech!

Having played Batteltech for over 20 years, I understand there have been several iterations, licensing issues, and simply design choices for MWO. This is not a Locust.

If you really want to base the Locust design off of this concept:
1) Make the lower legs longer. The thin section in the middle of the lowerleg needs to be longer.
2) Lose the arms off of the cicada, and use something similar to what you have for the Flea concept.
3) Get rid of the stubble on the chin. Mount that center Energy mount under the body. Honestly, the Flea concept handles this a little better.
4) Shrink the hip/pelvic area. Get rid of the armor plates hanging out in free air there.
5) Make the Side Torsos cylindrical. I would cut off the bottoms due to the torso twist requirement, although leaving the endplates fully circular would cover the leg/hip joint a bit.

With the Torso twist requirement, differentiating the Flea and Locust visually is harder. If these two mechs come to MWO as they are, I will simply buy Fleas and name them 'Locust'.

Why would you think that the images shown are in scale with each other? None of the existing mech concept art is.

#95 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

screen shots would be nice

#96 FriscoeHotsauce

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 25 September 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

Why would you think that the images shown are in scale with each other? None of the existing mech concept art is.

Yes, thank you. Concept art has been knows to vary quite significantly from the actual in-game models. I'm going to reserve my scaling judgement until I actually see the mechs in action. Although it would be nice for a Phoenix Package trailer or something to boost interest before it releases.

#97 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Ieally the Locust should take up about 80% of the screen area at a any given distance.

(Mass^-2=area) The Jenner is already relatively small, the Locust should certainly be smaller, but not ridiculously so, it's a still a 20 ton machine, larger than a semi truck (without the trailer)

Edited by verybad, 30 September 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#98 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

View Postverybad, on 30 September 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Ieally the Locust should take up about 80% of the screen area at a any given distance.

(Mass^-2=area) The Jenner is already relatively small, the Locust should certainly be smaller, but not ridiculously so, it's a still a 20 ton machine, larger than a semi truck (without the trailer)

80% of my screen at 1600m? Damn, but that's a big Locust :P

Did you perhaps accidentally the whole thing?

#99 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

So.. that thing comes on the 15th.. how about some screenies?

#100 Nikoliy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

Russ just posted on Twitter
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Nikoliy, 03 October 2013 - 05:18 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users