#2 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

False.

Honor is attained on the route to victory.

There is no honor in cheap tricks and dirty victories. If that's what you seek, try the liaos.

#3 Private Backside

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 79 posts
  • Locationso far to the east, it's almost a some men's far west.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

what chewie said. Liao=effectiveness, Davion=pathos.

#4 BigTrak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNorniron

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

View PostCaptain Mediocre, on 27 June 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

True or False "honor is for grave stones, DAKKA is all that matters"

If you believe the above to be true, you have found the right House :D

#5 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

Honor is a thin cloak against the chill of a grave ;-P

Im with Teddy on that one.

#6 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

There are many ways to achieve victory, also there are many honors. People have different perceptions of honor. For some people the most honorable conduct of warfare is to engage the enemy head on in a massive slug-fest and may the strongest warrior win.

For others, the honorable thing to do is to consider the lives of your men and make sure you bring as many of them back as possible, and so you employ strategy and deception to make your enemy fall into a trap where you can achieve victory with the most minimal loss of life.

Many others start along the same path as no.2 but instead they send a single assassin to eliminate their enemy. End a war before it starts and prevent much blood shed.

There are many honors in this world. Do you want to go along the path of Soldiers, the path of commanders, the path of strategists, or the path of schemers. Each one has it's own ups and downs, each one brings it's own glories and falls, and each one has it's own honor and disgrace.

In that same thought process, each House has it's own honor and disgrace.

You are flying the FRR flag at the moment, what is honor for them? It will have certain differences from what the other houses consider honor.

Also, remember that all the paths I mentioned exists within each house, with varying ratios. Figure out the one that suits you, not just from the lore aspect, but also from the current player base as well.

and remember: War is trickery.

Winning in a fist-to-fist fight is great and all, but what if you are not someone who fights with their fist? What if you are missing an arm, instead you should fight with your legs. Engaging in head on fights will lead you to disgraceful defeat every time if you are wasting your potential. If you excel in other ways of combat use those, don't use your enemy's tactics when they don't suit you.

When I'm in my COM-2D, last one standing of my team, while my enemies have an Atlas left, do I engage him head on and lose the battle because I was too selfish to make sure that my comrades' sacrifices were not in vain? Or do I race back to his base that he left unguarded and seize it, securing victory for myself, my comrades, and my house. So that their honor rises, and with them, my own?

Which sounds like the honorable choice? Saving my own personal honor and disgracing my unit's and my house in the process? or suffering a small stain on my honor from a beaten, and frustrated enemy, whose opinion does not really matter in the grand scheme of things, and raising the honor of my house, unit, and self?

If you pick the first option, then Davion is not the house for you. If you pick the second option, then you might find a home here. Results are not all that we care about, conduct is important, however at the end of the day we prefer to use tactics and strategy to utilize our maximum potential and achieve victory.

#7 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:18 AM

View PostMonkeyAss, on 28 June 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

what chewie said. Liao=effectiveness, Davion=pathos.

Coming from the house that proudly (???) claims the Goonz....

Try Laio - Doormats of the IS, Davion - Excellence in combat.

I can also sell you some Liao Laser Rifles weapons. Never fired, only dropped once....

#8 Scott Masterson

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:53 AM

View PostIcebergdx, on 30 June 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

I can also sell you some Liao Laser Rifles weapons. Never fired, only dropped once....

Whaddya mean those were made in the Free Worlds League?

#9 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostIcebergdx, on 30 June 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

Coming from the house that proudly (???) claims the Goonz....

Try Laio - Doormats of the IS, Davion - Excellence in combat.

hey, at least our house has some personality. davion, generic white knights... IN SPACE.

#10 Hebdomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 155 posts
  • Locationoutside Seattle, WA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

View Postdal10, on 30 June 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

hey, at least our house has some personality. davion, generic white knights... IN SPACE.

Hey! Get it right! We're generic white knights with an autocannon fetish... IN SPACE. :D

#11 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

View Postdal10, on 30 June 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

Two words: Chemical. Weapons. If you need to throw gas at your enemies, I think I'll pass.

Though I have to admit, major guilty admiration of the Death Commandos. :) We'll just pretend I didn't just admit that...

#12 StoneMason

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 92 posts
  • LocationKathil

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

Interesting thread, there is actually nothing at all honourable in the way the Federated Suns fight. We'll use ambushes, deception and overwhelming fire to win the day just as much as a "dishonourable" house like the Capellans. The real difference is WHY we fight, that is for peace. We don't see any real gain in seizing wealth or territory, except from the security it brings us and the people we free. We are a poor nation, surrounded by fanatical enemies who will not stop until we are destroyed and our population enslaved. We kill those enemies, quick and good, but once the shooting dies down we are the most likely of all the Inner Sphere nations to accept surrenders and ceasefire agreements.

Of course, after the war of 3039 we are the bullies, we continued to attack when we should have been confident in defence. Now we face a motivated and increasingly professional Draconis Combine and Capellan Confederation. There is a real war coming (Goons/Capellans Vs Federated Suns) and I think it could be the most interesting multiplayer metagame we have ever seen.

#13 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostStoneMason, on 10 July 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

Interesting thread, there is actually nothing at all honourable in the way the Federated Suns fight. We'll use ambushes, deception and overwhelming fire to win the day just as much as a "dishonourable" house like the Capellans. The real difference is WHY we fight, that is for peace. We don't see any real gain in seizing wealth or territory, except from the security it brings us and the people we free. We are a poor nation, surrounded by fanatical enemies who will not stop until we are destroyed and our population enslaved. We kill those enemies, quick and good, but once the shooting dies down we are the most likely of all the Inner Sphere nations to accept surrenders and ceasefire agreements.

Of course, after the war of 3039 we are the bullies, we continued to attack when we should have been confident in defence. Now we face a motivated and increasingly professional Draconis Combine and Capellan Confederation. There is a real war coming (Goons/Capellans Vs Federated Suns) and I think it could be the most interesting multiplayer metagame we have ever seen.

Honestly, my rush to get much better in my personal skills and with a unit is in total preparation for CW when, if my understanding of CW is at all accurate, I expect a massive war to break out between the Federated Suns units and CapCon units. If the discussions on forums are any indication, I imagine it to be a fierce campaign indeed...

Edited by Benjamin Davion, 10 July 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#14 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Hey we may be generic white knights, but at least we aren't space nazis (steiner).

#15 Hebdomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 155 posts
  • Locationoutside Seattle, WA

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostVigorousApathy, on 11 July 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Hey we may be generic white knights, but at least we aren't space nazis (steiner).

Wait what? Steiner might be of Germanic origin, but I don't see how they are space nazis.

#16 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostVigorousApathy, on 11 July 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

View PostHebdomas, on 12 July 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

Wait what? Steiner might be of Germanic origin, but I don't see how they are space nazis.

I second this, the comment shows a lack of knowledge of history, of battletech history, and a lack of common sence, and decency toward fellow players.

Edited by Qin, 12 July 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#17 Mr Blonde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostBenjamin Davion, on 04 July 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

Two words: Chemical. Weapons. If you need to throw gas at your enemies, I think I'll pass.

Though I have to admit, major guilty admiration of the Death Commandos. ;) We'll just pretend I didn't just admit that...

Better reread Davion history...I seem to recall an incident with TSM and gas...

#18 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

House Davion: Literally the Dark Ages in Space.

What other conclusion am I supposed to draw from a population that is 90% dirt farmers and the remaining 10% get to live in sumptuous luxury and pretend to be knights?

#19 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostMr Blonde, on 12 July 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

Better reread Davion history...I seem to recall an incident with TSM and gas...

Said gas had no detrimental effects on people, beyond making them cough etc.
Said gas only affected the *superduper myomers* you thieving cappies stole (which we actually wanted you to, because we understood how your minds work)

#20 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

View Postchewie, on 12 July 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Said gas had no detrimental effects on people, beyond making them cough etc.
Said gas only affected the *superduper myomers* you thieving cappies stole (which we actually wanted you to, because we understood how your minds work)

funny thing is, those myomers you gave to us... Guess who got them perfected first? i'll give you a hint, it wasn't you.

Edited by dal10, 12 July 2013 - 06:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users