8 replies to this topic

#1 RussianWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

So I switch my GPU to a GTX660 on Friday and suddenly started having issues with update speed on webpages and LAG in game. People say that I'm teleporting. I believe them as sometime I'm moving and turn only to find myself 50 meters further than where I turned and running into a building.

My thought is the new GPU is too much for the wireless LAN to handle and I simply need to use a LAN cable to directly tie to the router.

Thoughts?

#2 yamishan

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

hiya there, that definitely sounds like a network issue to me and generally you want to be connected by a physical connection as wireless connections incur more packet loss due to drops in signal strength and something as simple as a little weather can reduce the quality of the signal ... i try always to go for a wired lan because of this especially when gaming

#3 Badconduct

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 364 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

You might have hit your network cable, or installed something that is eating your bandwidth.

Run speed test.
http://www.speedtest.net/

22ping, 23down 0.50up

Make sure you didn't bump the plug, pinch the cable or hit the network card when you were inside the case. You might have zapped it.

#4 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

View PostBadconduct, on 07 July 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

You might have hit your network cable, or installed something that is eating your bandwidth.

Run speed test.
http://www.speedtest.net/

22ping, 23down 0.50up

Make sure you didn't bump the plug, pinch the cable or hit the network card when you were inside the case. You might have zapped it.

Posted Image

Nothing installed on the computer since before the card change. Other than the new device drivers. Didn't find out about the old drivers until after I had made the swap, then uninstalled the Crysis Control Center thing and reinstalled the drivers for the new card.

I don't think I bumped anything and I made sure all the cables were out of the way as I put the new card in.

I'll buy a LAN cord tomorrow and try that.

Think I've pissed off enough people for the night with my new found "LAG shield", though it has helped get the light chassis up to level that needed to.

#5 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:51 AM

What size of PSU are you running and could you post your system specs.

#6 Badconduct

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 364 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:56 AM

View PostRussianWolf, on 07 July 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

Posted Image

Nothing installed on the computer since before the card change. Other than the new device drivers. Didn't find out about the old drivers until after I had made the swap, then uninstalled the Crysis Control Center thing and reinstalled the drivers for the new card.

I don't think I bumped anything and I made sure all the cables were out of the way as I put the new card in.

I'll buy a LAN cord tomorrow and try that.

Think I've pissed off enough people for the night with my new found "LAG shield", though it has helped get the light chassis up to level that needed to.

Your ping is a little high, but it's not horrible. You connection seems fine to me. Might be something none-network related.

#7 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostShamous13, on 08 July 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

What size of PSU are you running and could you post your system specs.

[color=#959595]Dell XPS core i5 (3ghz), 6g ram and added a Radeon 6750.[/color]
[color=#959595]Just upgraded to the GTX660 and a 600w PSU.[/color]

Added a new LAN cable and here are the results

Posted Image

#8 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

Control Panel, Power Options, Best/Full/high Performance

Unplug modem, router and wireless (if external) then plug back in. If in a slot, re-seat the devices.

Control Panel, Internet Options, Lan Options, Automatically Detect (is/was it setup on Proxy?)

#9 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

haven't seen any complaints since I hooked up the new cable and haven't seen any glitching on my end either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users