No replies to this topic

#1 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

This is an ongoing problem for Joystick users. No matter how much you tweak the User.CFG file or your joystick's Profiler, the Turn axis remains so jumpy you can't even use it for aiming. You end up setting the Deadzone to 80% on your profiler so you don't accidently bump it while aiming.

I just tested my joystick with the Mechs in MechWarrior 4 and it's smooth analog movement on every axii. I was thinking, dang, why can't MWO be like this? I might actually be challenging to other players like old times. :P

I had a thought that maybe a quick-fix could be to have a seperate User.CFG setting for Joystick Turn Sensitivity and Turn Gain. Is this possible?

With Launch day approaching fast I am also wondering if new players who want to use a Joystick will understand how to use the User.CFG file. Some people won't search the Forums for solutions and if they are like me they won't use a Mouse and Keyboard to pilot a battlemech for any reason. It spoils the immersion. It's kind of like once you learn joystick mech piloting, you can never go back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users