16 replies to this topic

#1 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hi, I'm Stomp of the Comstar Irregulars, a fun group of dudes who are a mixed, fun bunch of questionable allegiance. I've always loved being a part of CI, because it's given me the ability to play with all kinds of people from all the Great Houses, usually of mixed allegiance Merc Corps and the like! But recently, I've felt a bit of wanderlust, and so I've decided to go on a journey throughout the Inner Sphere!

As such, I've meant to go through each of the Successor States, chronicling my journey along the way so that newer players might have a reference on who they might like to swear allegiance to, if any! So I'm creating these threads in each of the Great Houses subforums, in the hopes that each of you fine people might reach out, and help me with some basic parts of my travels, starting with some individuals who might be interested in volunteering to mentor me inside of their respective militaries, so that I might find some place to start with fighting alongside you! I'm hoping to allow two days of drops with each House, for a couple hours each day hopefully! Because I'm doing all the Houses, I'll ask for a little patience at first while I try to coordinate which days each House might be toured!

I'm also looking for any suggestions at all from the newer players of the Houses, and want to ask you what made you decide to stay and fight for your House!

Thanks in advance for any help you might be, and I look forward to playing with all of you!

#2 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Oh my god a spy! I'm on to you!

#3 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostKell Commander, on 01 July 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Oh my god a spy! I'm on to you!

If I was a spy I'd be in your public TS3 channel haha.

#4 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Stomp, as a starting point for understanding House Davion in MWO consider the following. House Davion is a community of online gamers that is dedicated to fostering fun through individual and group success. It consists of multiple player groups that work together for common goals. House Davion seeks:
• To provide communication channels for the community.
• To help players improve through training.
• To nurture an environment for role playing.

#5 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostGargoyleKDR, on 01 July 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

Stomp, as a starting point for understanding House Davion in MWO consider the following. House Davion is a community of online gamers that is dedicated to fostering fun through individual and group success. It consists of multiple player groups that work together for common goals. House Davion seeks:
• To provide communication channels for the community.
• To help players improve through training.
• To nurture an environment for role playing.

Thanks! I can take it you're part of one of the units playing under the Federated Suns banner?

#6 Rahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBlaine Washington

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Goyle runs the Davion Teamspeak and i think house leader or something

#7 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostRahl, on 01 July 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

I was hoping to get a unit name haha, I haven't gotten any hard details on which Davion units I should play with yet.

#8 Rahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBlaine Washington

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

I think HHoD is the most active atm. lot of people are not playing the game right now that there was awhile back.

#9 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostRahl, on 01 July 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

I think HHoD is the most active atm. lot of people are not playing the game right now that there was awhile back.

Thanks! I've seen them on, and I'll look for some of the other larger units. Obviously I can't play with everybody, as much as I'd like to, so for now I've settled with playing with the largest/most active House units, with the exception of the FRR, because obvs they don't have a House haha.

#10 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostRahl, on 01 July 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

IIRC
Gargoyle is one of our Knights
Qin is the current (afaik) 1st Prince.

#11 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

View Postchewie, on 02 July 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

IIRC

I'm just an old guy with a Mech who has a lot of friends and aquaintences. <_<

- Garg.

[Edit: PS: I was HL in MPBT in 1996 through 1997. Once is enough. :D ]

Edited by GargoyleKDR, 02 July 2013 - 06:13 AM.

#12 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

View Postchewie, on 02 July 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

IIRC

See this seemingly obvious information I would have been totally lost on! I didn't know there was a scale of promotion inside the Davions! Thanks for letting me in on it!

View PostGargoyleKDR, on 02 July 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

I'm just an old guy with a Mech who has a lot of friends and aquaintences. <_<

- Garg.

Stick around long enough and everybody becomes that old guy. Don't knock experience :D

#13 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

There are probably a few groups that claim allegiance to House Davion, some more and some less devoted to following strict Canon. The group C4 is another very active Davion group. Gargoyle was gracious enough to give us a home on the Davion teamspeak channel he created. We don't consider ourselves a part of HHOD, we are an independent group with our own rank and leader structure. That being said, we in C4 believe that all who carry the banner of the Federated Suns are brothers and sisters, and we enjoy those times when we are able to drop with, or even against, our HHOD friends. They are a great group, and present a tough training challenge on the battlefield.

We in C4 look forward to standing with them in CW.

Edited by Rashhaverak, 03 July 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#14 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

View PostRashhaverak, on 02 July 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

There are probably a few groups that claim allegiance to House Davion, some more and some less devoted to following strict Canon. The group C4 is another very active Davion group. Gargoyle was gracious enough to give us a home on the Davion teamspeak channel he created. We don't consider ourselves a part of HHOD, we are an independent group with our own rank and leader structure. That being said, we in C4 believe that all who carry the banner of the Federated Suns are brothers, and we enjoy those times when we are able to drop with, or even against, our HHOD friends. They are a great group, and present a tough training challenge on the battlefield.

That's excellent! Would you be open to allowing me to play with you as well? I'm trying to get 2 House units from each Successor State, and currently I need one more for House Davion! I only need a portion of time to drop with some of your members or yourself in some fun drops, nothing super serious, as well as opportunity to talk a little bit about being House Davion. Again, these reviews are simply for fun, nobody's getting critiqued on the plausibility of backstory or anything like that haha. If you're agreeable for it, then I'll get with you soon to determine when I can drop with the boys/girls!

Edited by Stomp, 02 July 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#15 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

We love when new people come in to enjoy a few drops. By all means, come by whenever you like. Just scroll down past the 100 or so drop ships HHOD has and you'll see C4. I'm sure with the holiday well be on quite a bit, family permitting.

#16 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

The regiments and mercenary channels are listed alphanumerically on the House Davion TS server. I'm sort of OCD that way. :)

- Garg.

#17 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostRashhaverak, on 02 July 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

There are probably a few groups that claim allegiance to House Davion, some more and some less devoted to following strict Canon. The group C4 is another very active Davion group. Gargoyle was gracious enough to give us a home on the Davion teamspeak channel he created. We don't consider ourselves a part of HHOD, we are an independent group with our own rank and leader structure. That being said, we in C4 believe that all who carry the banner of the Federated Suns are brothers and sisters, and we enjoy those times when we are able to drop with, or even against, our HHOD friends. They are a great group, and present a tough training challenge on the battlefield.

Well said Rash!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users