Thread " Since Yesterday The Website Has Been Sporadically Going All White And Poopy" Gone

Answered

18 replies to this topic

#1 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

This thread is gone: http://mwomercs.com/...hite-and-poopy/

I'm wondering where the bugreport of about 10 pages is gone.
It was in this forum, every day people posted new information and since today: gone.
Has anyone seen it?

Edited by Nikolai Lubkiewicz, 03 April 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#2 saintchuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

View PostSjurWarEagle, on 09 July 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

This thread is gone: http://mwomercs.com/...hite-and-poopy/

I'm wondering where the bugreport of about 10 pages is gone.
It was in this forum, every day people posted new information and since today: gone.
Has anyone seen it?

They got rid of it because they thought they fixed the problem (twice in fact) but it's still broke. It's a PGI thing.

Edited by saintchuck, 09 July 2013 - 04:32 AM.

#3 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

Yes just came back for the first time today and it's still broken. Seriously, get your **** together and fix it...

#4 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

There is now still a chance it's just due to something still stored in your browser cache, so clearing that could now do the trick (even though it didn't before their fix.)

#5 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 09 July 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

Clear your cache and such. If it occurs again afterwards: Prod us here and we'll take a looksy.

Still happens with Opera and Firefox. I've cleared caches and rebooted the PC just to be sure. However, clearing caches and the reboot had some effect. When I now loaded the site, it was all fine. I click login so that I can answer here and the login page is all white but I manage to login. After logging in, I'm writing this message here with no white website bug. So at the moment the only broken screen was the login screen. I already pointed out in the previous thread my observation that one sometimes gets differential experience with the login screen compared to the rest of the site, which made me wonder whether it has something to do with being logged in or not. Hope this helps.

EDIT: And now, after hours of using the website + playing, the whitebug came back. :D

Edited by Rasc4l, 09 July 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#6 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 09 July 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

Clear your cache and such. If it occurs again afterwards: Prod us here and we'll take a looksy.

Hi, still wanted to update you guys on this whitewebsite bug. After a couple of days of using the website, the pattern seems to be this:

1. Let's assume I don't have my browser open and I start it anew. Everything is fine when I go to mwomercs.com. At worst, only the login screen might show whitebug but once logged in, all systems nominal.

2. I play and browse the forums for a good amount of time (3+ hours at least?) and I start eventually getting the white bug (maybe even only the next day after logging in).

3. I close all mwomercs.com tabs in my browser, quit Opera (which I have set to clear cache when quitting)

4. Restart the browser and GOTO step 1.

Instead of quitting+restarting, I could just clear the cache in the browser but that didn't seem to work always. But anyway, do you see the pattern? I guess I'm a "poweruser" since my PC is on 24/7 and so is my browser (with commonly ~50 tabs open as my "desktop). Does this bug manifest with me because of long sessions and some buffer overflows or something and most users are unaffected because they close their browsers usually after surfing? I mean I do realize that it's a bit funny that I'm the only one complaining. B) On the other hand, I have no such problems with any other website.

#7 Verminard

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

I'm having the same problem using firefox. The only page that is affected is the login page. I don't open lots of tabs at once, and at most have 1 or 2 tabs open when looking at MWO site.

Edited by Verminard, 12 July 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#8 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

View PostVerminard, on 12 July 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

I'm having the same problem using firefox. The only page that is affected is the login page. I don't open lots of tabs at once, and at most have 1 or 2 tabs open when looking at MWO site.

"Nice" to know I'm not the only one with this. I'm curious, after logging in, does your mwo-website session degenerate into whitebug after ~2 hours of using the website on other pages as well than just the login page? Or are your sessions always shorter?

#9 Verminard

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

Just the log in page, but i'm generally not on for more than 30 mins at a time.

#10 WhiteRabbit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 377 posts
  • Locationover there

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

hey guys,

whenever i get one of those broken pages the firefox-webconsole shows the following errors (and only those):

reference error: oB is not defined
unknown property 'box sizing'. declaration ignored
name of a media-function expected but found a 'view-mode'
error while processing the value for 'filter'. declaration ignored.

if the side looks ok the webconsole still shows tons and tons of those "unknown proberty 'xyz'. declaration ignored." stuff but the first line (i.e. oB is not defined) is never there.

i just wonder if it's the same for you guys....

#11 Verminard

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Yes I believe mine it the same

#12 El Death Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

white and poopy you say? might I suggest a better diet and/or not being a bird?

#13 MustrumRidcully

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

It is acting up again.

#14 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:18 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 15 July 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

It is acting up again.

I assume you mean that other pages also in addition to login screen are white? Did it happen immediately when you first came to the website now after launching your browser or was it first fine and then broke in the middle of browsing the website?

Like I've been whining to anyone who will listen, again my yesterday mwomercs.com session included several restarts of my browser when the whitebug manifested suddenly. And when I went to sleep, the pages were fine. I left my computer and browser on for the night and now that I came back and refreshed any of those pages, they were all whitebugged -> restart browser and the merry-go-around continues...

#15 MustrumRidcully

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

View PostRasc4l, on 15 July 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

I assume you mean that other pages also in addition to login screen are white? Did it happen immediately when you first came to the website now after launching your browser or was it first fine and then broke in the middle of browsing the website?

It was broken at first, and then I went to the regular discussion forums and it was fine again. I had just started the computer and it was one of the first sites I visited.

#16 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

Clicking a link from the games home page, results in white and poopy..still..once in forums its fine..

Guys seriously...this is the only web site I have issues with and its been dragging on for what seems like weeks.

#17 MacKerris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

All I know is that it is strange. I can be anywhere in the forums and click in a topic and get white page. If I hit back and then forward the correct page comes up. If I just refresh the page it often fixes itself...odd

Firefox 23 beta

#18 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

There is a thread here that is labeled as Under Review by the Staff. I would suggest moving reports of white screen to that thread since it is currently tagged..

#19 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

Great. The problem persisted for 3-4 days then it seemed fixed, now it's back (most up to date FF).

Could you please restore some faith in your company by fixing at least the damn website? ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users