"bad Gateway" And "patcher Carousel" Failures

6 replies to this topic

#1 Redwood Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

Attempting to install the game on my computer at work (so I can play during my lunch break) and I keep getting the above errors "Bad gateway" and the "Patcher Carousel" thing...is this a problem with the firewall settings on the patcher or something?

Actual errors are (502) Bad gateway, Unable to Connect to the remote server, and occasionally a Patcher Carousel error.

When I try to run the repair tool, an exception handler comes up with the following:

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
at MWORepairTool.RepairToolForm.checkForMaintenance()
at MWORepairTool.RepairToolForm..ctor(String[] a_args)
at MWORepairTool.Program.Main(String[] a_args)

Edited by Redwood Elf, 09 July 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#2 Redwood Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

Well I've been trying repeatedly off and on for about 5 hours, when I sent an Email to the support guys...no dice. The Repair Tool has about as much effect as Zee Goggles ( )

#3 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

have you tried the following?
  • Try loading the URL again by pressing F5 on your keyboard, or by clicking the refresh/reload button.

While the 502 Bad Gateway error is usually indicating a networking error outside of your control, it could be extremely temporary. Trying the page again will often be successful.
  • Start a new browser session by closing all open browser windows and then opening a new one. Then try opening the webpage again.

It's possible that the 502 error you received was due to an issue on your computer that occurred sometime during this use of your browser. A simple restart of the browser program itself could solve the problem.
  • Clear your browser's cache. Outdated or corrupted files that are being stored by your browser could be causing 502 Bad Gateway issues.

Removing those cached files and trying the page again will solve the problem if this is the cause.
  • Delete your browser's cookies. For similar reasons as mentioned above with cached files, clearing stored cookies could fix a 502 error.

Note: If you'd rather not clear all of your cookies, you could first try removing only those cookies related to the site you're getting the 502 error on. It's best to remove them all but it won't hurt to try the clearly applicable one(s) first.
  • Start your browser in Safe Mode. Running a browser in Safe Mode means to run it with default settings and without add-ons or extensions, including toolbars.

If the 502 error no longer appears when running your browser in Safe Mode, you know that some browser extension or setting is the cause of the problem. Return your browser settings to default and/or selectively disable browser extensions to find the root cause and permanently fix the problem.

Note: A browser's Safe Mode is similar in idea to the Safe Mode in Windows but it is not the same thing. You do not need to start Windows in Safe Mode to run any browser in its particular "Safe Mode."
  • Try another browser. Popular browsers include Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari, among others.

#4 Redwood Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

You misunderstand, it's NOT a browser that's giving that error, it's the bootstrap patcher for Mechwarrior online. And it's been giving that error for about 8 hours now, whenever I've tried to get the patcher up (Sometimes I get the patcher up with a button, but that's when it gives the Carousel error and closes)

#5 Redwood Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

Got a bit further this time (this is an initial install, so I'm not sure the patching program is working, though I've tried running it, but it hasn't run without crashing))

Now I get this error when I hit "patch" on the patcher window:

The Downloaded file is corrupt, the MD5 hash of the local flie doesn't match that of the file on the server. Would you like to retry?

Retrying brings up that error again, retrying on that one crashes the patcher (it just closes with no messages)

MWRepair tool swapped out 4 files (CryRenderD3D11.dll, CryRenderD3D9.dll, fmod_event.dll, fmod_event_net.dll) and then gave me "MWORepairTool has encountered a problem and needs to close" (Sent the error report to Microsoft, if that will be retrievable by the devs)

I'll try downloading again from scratch after uninstalling.

Edited by Redwood Elf, 10 July 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

There was an unscheduled website & patcher downtime yesterday, maybe this was at the exact time you were attempting our install?

Oddly enough the patcher needs the website to be up in order to patch, although the actual game server still runs even when the patcher cannot (NGNG TV was streaming at the time of the outage)

#7 Redwood Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 10 July 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

There was an unscheduled website & patcher downtime yesterday, maybe this was at the exact time you were attempting our install?

Oddly enough the patcher needs the website to be up in order to patch, although the actual game server still runs even when the patcher cannot (NGNG TV was streaming at the time of the outage)

Not unless the downtime was "all day, PST" - I tried over and over at intervals of a few minutes while I was working on other things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users