Interested In Making A New Diamond Shark Unit?

2 replies to this topic

#1 NickFessel

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:25 PM

I was thinking about switching over to Clan Diamond Shark and starting a unit called the 3rd Shark Regulars.
The unit name comes from a Clan Cluster composed entirely of Freeborns that charged headfirst into a ComGuard assault in order to save their Clan brethren despite being shamed for being mere Freeborn. I believe the Cluster was honored by the Diamond Shark Clan after their rally charge and ensuing deaths.

If you are interested let me know!

Here's a excerpt about the 3rd Shark Regulars from the Sarna.net;

While the fresh 'Mechs of the 3rd Regulars were able to fight their way past the 323rd and 299th Divisions, the glorious frontal assault launched by Khan Hawker to meet up with them was effortlessly shredded by the ComStar troops. The 3rd Regulars finally reached the battered remains of Alpha and Gamma and opened a hole for them to escape back to the landing zone, but the Com Guard forces refused to let up and harassed the Sharks as they withdrew. As the massed Com Guards prepared for the final killing blow as the retreating Sharks drew within sight of their DropShips, Star Captain Ishmael, the highest ranking officer left in the unit, and the two Trinaries that remained of the 3rd silently advanced directly into the Com Guards' line of attack. Ignoring the confused Khan Hawker's demands for an explanation, SaKhan Sennet honored their sacrifice and led the remaining Diamond Sharks to safety as the ComStar forces destroyed them to a man. Honored in Clan Diamond Shark's Remembrance, the destroyed 3rd Shark Regulars' sacrifice also forced a chastised Khan Hawker to formally rescind his ban on Freeborns serving in the Sharks front-line forces in recognition of their bravery.

#2 Jet Black Dog

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:39 PM

Hey Nick - if you're interested, there is an existing Diamond Sharks unit - DSX - and all around, worth meeting at the least.

I'd recommend dropping in and meeting them, see if you and they had the same things in mind.
ts: chat.diamondshark.net
IIRC, Charles Sennet is still the DS Khan.

Edited by Mercie, 19 October 2017 - 10:39 PM.

#3 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:05 AM

Hails Nick [and thanks Mercie].

Great to hear you feel the call to Shark waters. I am happy to chat about DSx to see if we are a fit for you (one coordinated group is better than two smaller ones). Otherwise good luck with your new group and see you on the field.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users