16 replies to this topic

#1 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

I just bought the Phoenix Overlord package and have a question about the 120 day Premium Time. Once I "Activate" my Premium Time, does that mean ALL 120 days are activated and I'll have 120 consecutive days to use it up? Or can I use it one day at a time as needed? I don't get to play everyday, and I hate to waste the Premium Time on days when I'm not playing.

#2 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

It just ticks away whether you use it or not. What a much more valuable plan, to me, would be to purchase hours under which I actually play, rather than feeling like I should take some time off work so that I can maximize what I have purchased. Every time you go out, or are doing something else, you can feel that time slipping away, uselessly....

#3 Tor Gungnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

Alternatively they could make the 1 Day option to be more balanced. It costs 250 MC for a day, which is 2500 MC for ten days. For 2500 MC you can get 20 "free" days by getting the 30 days package instead.

That way you could buy it on a day-to-day basis.

#4 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostAloha, on 10 July 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

I just bought the Phoenix Overlord package and have a question about the 120 day Premium Time. Once I "Activate" my Premium Time, does that mean ALL 120 days are activated and I'll have 120 consecutive days to use it up? Or can I use it one day at a time as needed? I don't get to play everyday, and I hate to waste the Premium Time on days when I'm not playing.

Not exactly, you get the 30 "bonus" days the patch after you buy the package, the remaining days (up to 90) won't show up until October or whatever. So if you activate any time before those other 90 days show up, even the day before, ONLY the 30 in your bank start to tick down. Hope that helps.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostAloha, on 10 July 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

It seems the answers you got weren't very clear.
First off you'll get 30 days for now. The other 90 days you will not receive until the content is delivered on October 15th, at 1 PM.
If you press activate, yes it'll begin ticking down the 30 days. The timer doesn't stop.
You'll get another activate button on October 15th for the remaining 90 days.
But yes as Aym said: if you activate the 30 days, the 90 days will continue to wait on you to activate them, so long as you do it before you receive the 90 days.

Edited by Koniving, 10 July 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#6 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

OK. So I actually get my 120 days in two batches. A 30-day batch that must be activated before October 15th, and a 90-day batch on October 15th. Do I lose the 30-day bonus if I don't activate it before October 15th?

#7 FrDrake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostAloha, on 10 July 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

OK. So I actually get my 120 days in two batches. A 30-day batch that must be activated before October 15th, and a 90-day batch on October 15th. Do I lose the 30-day bonus if I don't activate it before October 15th?

No, adds to it and makes them one batch.

#8 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostFrDrake, on 10 July 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

No, adds to it and makes them one batch.

To elaborate, if you don't activate the 30 before you get the 90, they combine to be one giant 120 batch that will all start together when you press activate. This would be the worst case scenario I believe as you said, you hate to waste any time, so with two smaller batches you have that much more control over the start date to avoid some waste. Also, if you start the 30 just before you get the 90, you'll have a good amount of time to get XP and C-bills on the mechs you just got, and then decide if you need more premium time to burn through the XP on the rest!

#9 Tor Gungnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

I started playing at the time of the Project Phoenix was announced and I don't regret one bit using the Early Bird Premium Time as I was just starting out.

It really helps you get going, especially with the Cadet Bonus.

Edited by Tor Gungnir, 10 July 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#10 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

Clicked on the "Activate" button last night and it came up with the 30 Day prompt, so I'll probably do the activation this Friday to maximize usage. Might even do it sooner if I have time to play before then. Looking forward to racking up c-bills and XPs. ;)

#11 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

Just one last question before I Activate. Does it matter what time of day? If I hit Activate tonight at 11:55 pm, do my Premium Time expire at 11:55 pm 30 days later?

#12 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

View PostAloha, on 11 July 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Just one last question before I Activate. Does it matter what time of day? If I hit Activate tonight at 11:55 pm, do my Premium Time expire at 11:55 pm 30 days later?

Your premium time starts at the moment you press, it expires 30x24 hours later :-D

Edited by Aym, 12 July 2013 - 02:05 AM.

#13 Rudy

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

<---- see that? legendary founder. i am not purchasing the pheonix package simply because the imbeded premium time. i wasted 70 days? how much time did we get?
well if you count the reset its safe to say i've only used 15 days or less of 180 days (or was it 120? i don't even remember) premium time from the legendary package and its reset.
both times work and other things tick all that time away. no thanks.
in 1 day activations sure but not 90.
so pgi if you read this and want me to buy a product you offer you know where i stand.

#14 WhiteTiger

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

I have the founders premium time and the Project Phoenix premium time, if I activate the Phoenix premium time will it also activate the premium time for the founders package?
I would much rather only activate the Phoenix premium time and save the founders premium time for a later date.

#15 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

There is no separate Founder or Phoenix once it's in the bank. Your banked Premium time will activate, and it will run down to zero.

#16 WhiteTiger

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 23 October 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

There is no separate Founder or Phoenix once it's in the bank. Your banked Premium time will activate, and it will run down to zero.

Thanks Durant Carlyle, I had a feeling about that but I was wishing it wasn't so.

#17 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

View PostRudy, on 29 August 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

i wasted 70 days? how much time did we get?

so pgi if you read this and want me to buy a product you offer you know where i stand.

Uh, wait a minute. You're blaming PGI because you wasted your premium time? Oh, okay. Sorry, but all this QQing doesn't do a thing for your argument. There are LOTS of us who buy premium time. If you don't like the way PGI has it set up, don't buy it. Personally, I thought about buying a founders' pack, but sat on the fence too long. I wish I would have done it. When the Phoenix packs were announced I think I waited about a week before getting it. I have bought premium time before the Phoenix pack, and I will be buying it again after my time expires, and if I don't play MWO for a couple of days, I certainly don't blame PGI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users