#1 Seffi

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by.

I have been playing a dragon recently and mastered ravens before that. I'm looking for a medium that has a similar hit and run style but still has the feel of a medium to it. I would rather stay away from cicadas mostly because they feel exactly like a light to me. Any input would be great.

#2 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

Basically any of the three 50 tonners. Cicada's are Fat Albert Lights, and Blackjacks are micro Jagermechs. Each of the 50 tonners give a good medium feel with a 250 engine.

#3 Padic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

CN9-D
1xUAC/5@3tons
2xML
2xSRM6@2tons
XL300

This is my primary mech, and the most "medium" robot I can imagine. You're gifted with more speed and maneuverability than any serious heavy mech build (though cursed with less than any serious light mech build). You are blessed with more firepower (and a more versatile loadout) than any serious light mech build (though, cursed with less than any serious heavy mech build).

You can't afford to take a big one on the chin - although you can definitely afford to sacrifice your left arm to the quad-PPC gods. Your big Centurion shoulders buy you a lot more room for error than most other medium mechs.

Because you're running an XL, you can't afford to tank the way a zombie Cent can, but that's fine. Use your speed to retreat, flank, and skirmish with your long range autocannon.

The -A and -AL are all perfectly serviceable mechs, too. So even if you don't fall in love with the -D, you're still banging out perfectly useful basic skills so that you can later Elite/Master the Centurion line.

#4 Seffi

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Whats the movement speed of a cent with a 300 xl? Ive thought about trying one of them but was worried it would suck until i got good at using my left arm as a shield.

#5 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

Centurion - tough as nails and quick.

#6 Liev Andropov

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

97kph, 107 with speed tweak. Enough to allow you to flank, hit hot spots needing backup, and help lights out when there are base cappers. All with a pretty potent weapon load. Though I'll admit I swap the SRM6s for SSRMs with 1 ton, a BAP, and a couple heatsinks.

#7 Padic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostKadella, on 11 July 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Whats the movement speed of a cent with a 300 xl? Ive thought about trying one of them but was worried it would suck until i got good at using my left arm as a shield.

Left arm shielding is definitely powerful, but spreading damage out is only marginally more important on a Cent than it is on any other mech, in my opinion.

View PostLiev Andropov, on 11 July 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

97kph, 107 with speed tweak. Enough to allow you to flank, hit hot spots needing backup, and help lights out when there are base cappers. All with a pretty potent weapon load. Though I'll admit I swap the SRM6s for SSRMs with 1 ton, a BAP, and a couple heatsinks.

I have a hard time thinking of a mech that's easier to "flavor to taste" than a Centurion. Sometimes, when the Jenners/Ravens/Spiders start swarming, I would kill for some streaks. Honestly, one of my favorite things about the SRM6s is that there is no lock-on reticle blocking my view of where my AC shots are landing.

That, and I still have fond memories of shredding people with the pre-nerf SRMs. At least I'm staying in practice with them for when they get bumped back upwards.

Edited by Padic, 11 July 2013 - 11:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users