King Crab

342 replies to this topic

#41 blacklp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

Stay on target.
This should be a conversation about the King Crab, not whether Arrow IV or other split crit weapons need to be in the game.
I know the King Crab is supposed to have split crits, but it doesn't need to be.
So lets worry less about split crit weapons and more about getting this beasty in the game by blowing up the forums.

Taskeen your making very good points about split crits. But make a thread about it. I want to get the King Crab in the game. We must bump this for great justice and stay on topic, lest this thread dies.

Edited by blacklp, 12 July 2013 - 09:05 AM.

#42 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

It might be easier for them to make a special hand actuator that can overlap the crit from an AC-20 only.

#43 blacklp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

You........

#44 ACTIONRAMBO

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

I support the idea that it should be added. This would be a nice new tank to roll into battle with aside from just the atlas. I think when PGI finally gets game balance right the Crab would mesh well into the mix. But I would like to see a one or two different Assaults implemented before the Crab though, then again any 100 ton mech thrown in the mix sooner than later would be pretty cool.

#45 blacklp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

[color=#959595]I support the idea that it should be added. This would be a nice new tank to roll into battle with aside from just the atlas. I think when PGI finally gets game balance right the Crab would mesh well into the mix. But I would like to see a one or two different Assaults implemented before the Crab though, then again any 100 ton mech thrown in the mix sooner than later would be pretty cool. [/color]

THIS... so much.
Another option other than the D-DC would be great. Especially one that changes battles by the virtue of just being there.

Edit: dafuq is wrong with quote?

Edited by blacklp, 12 July 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#46 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostIvanzypher, on 12 July 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

The main reason I want the King Crab(other than dual AC/20 goodness) is so I can shout CRAB BATTLE!!! every time I engage in combat with the thing.

Genius.. Just pure Genius B)

#47 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

Don't need to split crits, have same mechanic as YLW, HGN, VTR.

#48 blacklp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Late to the party.

#49 TungstenWall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

I too would love to see the KingCrab added.

As for Crit split, i do NOT think it will be needed.
The King Crab would likely be EXTREMELY overpowered just added into the game with any arm movement in all directions.
My suggestion would be to give it similar arm movement as the Jaggermech and Stalkers, However the KingCrab would only move its arms horizontally rather than the typical vertically. This would make it completely reliant on torso movement to aim up and down.
While still filling the role as 'Area denial' the KingCrab would be very vulnerable to attacks from high ground, and would be lackluster for taking advantage of high-ground.

I imagine that one or two variants would not suffer the lack of arm movement, but would have less crit space in the arms (Gauss/Energy/AC10 Variant?).

#50 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostTungstenWall, on 12 July 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

I too would love to see the KingCrab added.

As for Crit split, i do NOT think it will be needed.
The King Crab would likely be EXTREMELY overpowered just added into the game with any arm movement in all directions.
My suggestion would be to give it similar arm movement as the Jaggermech and Stalkers, However the KingCrab would only move its arms horizontally rather than the typical vertically. This would make it completely reliant on torso movement to aim up and down.
While still filling the role as 'Area denial' the KingCrab would be very vulnerable to attacks from high ground, and would be lackluster for taking advantage of high-ground.

I imagine that one or two variants would not suffer the lack of arm movement, but would have less crit space in the arms (Gauss/Energy/AC10 Variant?).

Not sure bout the lack of vertical movement, the wide profile for the torso will already set it back. I really think PGI should just make the arms just like the Highlander 733C, only two actuators and still has a little bit of horizontal movement. But heck if giving up vertical movement on the King Crab means we can have it implemented, I can live with that haha

#51 blacklp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Well you have to pay a price somewhere when your carrying that payload.

Given the apparent construction of the mech, one could give it a quirk that gives more up/down range to the torso.
Let it move its arms horizontally and be tied to torso for vertical movement. It would move its torso slowly regardless due to its weight.

#52 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

Yes do want the King Crab!

#53 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

Not sure if mentioned but the Kingcrab would be a programming nightmare as part of the AC/20s are in the torso not just the arms.

So while I would like to see the mech in game I will have to go with its a long off dream.

Or do you want a million* QQers at once but my other mechs cant split the crits...Till one day all mechs can split the crits.

(* is a overstated representation and not a true number)

#54 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostEric darkstar Marr, on 12 July 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Not sure if mentioned but the Kingcrab would be a programming nightmare as part of the AC/20s are in the torso not just the arms.

So while I would like to see the mech in game I will have to go with its a long off dream.

Or do you want a million* QQers at once but my other mechs cant split the crits...Till one day all mechs can split the crits.

(* is a overstated representation and not a true number)

Has been talked about... probably not a big deal

#55 blacklp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

reading mfker! do you do it?

Edited by blacklp, 12 July 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#56 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

don't understand why the criticals are split in a KC since some mechs can carry an ac20 in the arm or in the torso.

#57 The Silent Protagonist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 647 posts
  • LocationUK, Buckinghamshire

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Who doesn't want the cave demon King Crab? I mean, look at those massive claws! They could rip a tank apart!
Other than the Warhammer, this is the mech I want most.

#58 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

Imagine if it was low and flat enough to hide in deep water...

You could emerge from the depths like an avenging sea monster and scare the **** out of a lone scout before the autocannon shells take their head off and you sink back down to lurk again.

#59 Thundercles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 12 July 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Imagine if it was low and flat enough to hide in deep water...

You could emerge from the depths like an avenging sea monster and scare the **** out of a lone scout before the autocannon shells take their head off and you sink back down to lurk again.

I don't always agree with your posts, but in this instance, I like the cut of your jib.

#60 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostRagnar Darkmane, on 12 July 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

Yes for King Crab, as long as PGI makes sure that it's main weaknesses can't be eliminated with mech lab customization (slow speed, VERY slow turning speed, easy to hit upper body with HUGE hitboxes). Also eliminate AC 40 Jagers to make the King Crab unique and to force people to make trade offs if they want to have AC 40 firepower (the disadvantages of the King Crab chassis).

like the XL tradeoff on the Jager isn't enough? (Along with the heat nerf)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users