Performance Issues. Help?

No replies to this topic

#1 Goatblaster

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

I have a new GTX 680 4GB card. Running in surround, so 5760x1080. Everything at max, very high settings with AA on, I get a solid 60fps, it's awesome. I love it. SO, I suggested to my brother to get a similar card. He got a GTX 680 2GB, same card, less memory. He also runs at 5760x1080. The game seems to use only ~1.5 GB of memory (verified in game with EVGA precision x OSD). He gets 30-40 FPS. Same video card, different mem sizes, but that SHOULD be irrelevant.

As for system specs, his system is a newer, faster system than mine. I'm running an i7-920 @ 3.6ghz (OC), and he's running an i7-3770k @ stock which I believe is 3.5. He's got a better mobo (mine's an old X58, his is a z77), he has more system ram, 16 compared to my 12.

I can't figure out why he's getting half the performance I am. I know it's not the memory size - the game isn't maxing out the 2GB. Other games he plays, SOLID 60 FPS with max detail settings. Gotta be something with MWO. We've tried many of the fps fixes, to no avail. Tried a full re-install of game, all settings deleted, etc. Tried ensuring ambient occlusion was disabled. We're going to try tomorrow forcing Threaded Optimization on in the nvidia control panel, see if that makes a difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking his system is due for a re-load of W7 soon, he's got a lot of crap on there that might be causing issues, but I can't pinpoint anything other the game itself forcing the framerate down so low for him. At low he hits 60 FPS (vsync on) and at medium, it starts dropping already to about 50-55. I'm at a loss to explain this, and right now I'm feeling bad he shelled out a few hundred bucks for the card at my suggestion and isn't getting the most out of it. He only plays a few games, MWO being his main one.

any help appreciated. Tx.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users